AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
For me, it took 4 days to change from under process to Processing at Consulate General on the BLS tracker. It took 22 days after that to appear as UNDER-PROCESS on the OCI Services site. That's how far I have got. It's been 16 days in this status and I am expecting up to another week before I see movement as per the average times I have seen here.

Hang in there. It's slow and frustrating, but it is happening.
Thank you so much @Hot2Cold . Cheers!

prvd2002

May 20, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
IELTS Request
14-08-2014
File Transfer...
05-02-2015
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
I am jumping on the OCI Bandwagon now. I am trying BLS for appointment and I don't see anything past May 2022. Is there some other site for BLS Brampton appointment booking for passport surrender/entry visa/OCI or I am I missing something? Please advise as I have to travel to India urgently and I recently received my citizenship.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
For Surrender certificate, does the status below mean it is "Approved" & how many days to go before I receive it?
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
My status on the BLS page changed to 'under process'. Finally! I will keep everybody posted when I hear something or if I see any change in the status. This forum has been so helpful. Thanks everybody :). Does anybody know when one can expect to see the status on the OCI tracking website? For now it says "No such record found'.
If you are under Vancouver, please refer to my timeline of statuses in my signature for an estimate.

Reactions: canadamaple

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront

T0r0nt022

Apr 7, 2022
I did a walk-in at BLS Brampton on May 7th (Saturday) to submit applications for Surrender Certificate and Visa for me and my wife. It went smooth. Just sharing my experience (long and detailed) in the hope that someone might find it helpful.

Few things to note:
- There are two different BLS offices in the same area (Buildings 40 & 60). Make sure you go to the correct one. I saw couple of people stand in the wrong line for 30 minutes only to be told that they should go to the other one
- Reached there around 9:30 am on a Saturday. Before I reached I was doubtful whether I would be able to get it done because I have heard about people lining up from 7:30 am on long lines. Don't know whether it was just that day.. there were hardly 10 people before me at building 60. Got everything done and was out in 2 hours. The line was much longer at the other building ("40"). I had driven there first and saw at least 30 people in the line.
- Followed the checklist. Was not asked for any other documents
- They only take Debit or Cash. No credit card
- BLS staff at the Brampton location were very professional, helpful and patient
- They have photo copier inside the office. So as long as you have all the necessary originals, they can take care if you are missing any copies
- If your Picture is damaged or incorrect size, they have a camera inside the office to take pics. They charge $15 for it

Now the details:
- Went to building "60" (for Surrender and Visa) at 9:30 am. About 10 people were lined up before me outside the building entrance (Later came to know that there were additional people lined up inside the BLS office which is on the 4th floor). There was a security person who was letting people in. Line moved slow. Around 10:15 we reached the security guy who then gave us a paper token and wrote "4 applications" on it (i.e., surrender and visa for 2 people) and let us into the building
- Went up the elevator. There was another small line up inside the BLS office room. 10 folks ahead of me
- When I was standing outside the building I wondered why the line was moving so slow. Understood the reason after I got inside the building. People had so many issues with their applications and it was eating up time. I saw one family of 6 who had partially filled applications, missing photo copies, missing signatures etc. who took up one of the counters for more than 30 minutes. Another family had wrong size photos and their little kid wasn't cooperating to take a pic. Another guy had filled out the completely wrong application form and was arguing with them
- I was very impressed with how patient and professional the BLS staff were, especially after reading all negative comments about BLS in this forum. They recognize that some people have come from far and so didn't want to send them back. They patiently worked with them to sort out their applications as much as possible. But this also caused delays for others in the line. Double edged sword. They were fully staffed with 3 counters open and an additional person who was helping with photo copies and pictures
- My turn came at around 10:45 am. She collected one application at a time. Verified all documents. She was fast and focused but it still took a bit of time though we had all the necessary documents. We paid with debit card and were given a tracking number to track status. She mentioned that visa will take 7 to 10 days and Surrender certificate will take 3 to 4 weeks. We were out of the building by 11:05.

So in all it went very smooth considering that I went there prepared to get turned away because of the long lines. I might have lucked out. Can't comment whether the lines are always this short.

Last edited:

prvd2002

May 20, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
IELTS Request
14-08-2014
File Transfer...
05-02-2015
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
I did a walk-in at BLS Brampton on May 7th (Saturday) to submit applications for Surrender Certificate and Visa for me and my wife. It went smooth. Just sharing my experience (long and detailed) in the hope that someone might find it helpful.

Few things to note:
- There are two different BLS offices in the same area (Buildings 40 & 60). Make sure you go to the correct one. I saw couple of people stand in the wrong line for 30 minutes only to be told that they should go to the other one
- Reached there around 9:30 am on a Saturday. Before I reached I was doubtful whether I would be able to get it done because I have heard about long lines. Don't know whether it was just that day.. there were hardly 10 people before me at building 60. Got everything done and was out in 2 hours. The line was much longer at the other building ("40"). I had driven there first and saw at least 30 people in the line.
- Followed the checklist. Was not asked for any other documents
- Paid using Debit Card. They don't take credit card. You can pay using cash if needed
- BLS staff at the Brampton location were very professional, helpful and patient
- They have photo copier inside the office. So as long as you have all the necessary originals, they can take care of missing copies
- If your Picture is damaged or incorrect size, they have a camera inside the office. They charge $15 for it

Now the details:
- Went to building "60" (for Surrender and Visa) at 9:30 am. About 10 people were lined up before me (Later came to know that there were additional people lined up inside the BLS office which is on the 4th floor). There was a security person who was letting people in. Line moved slow. Around 10:15 we reached the security guy who then gave us a paper token and wrote "4 applications" on it (i.e., surrender and visa for 2 people) and let us into the building
- Went up the elevator. There was another small line up inside the BLS office room. 10 folks ahead of us
- When I was standing outside the building I wondered why the line was moving so slow. Understood the reason after I got inside the building. People had so many issues with their applications and it was eating up time. I saw one family of 6 who had partially filled applications, missing photo copies, missing signatures etc who took up one of the counters for more than 30 minutes. Another family had wrong size photos and their little kid wasn't cooperating to take a pic. Another guy had filled out the completely wrong application form and was arguing with them
- I was very impressed with how patient and professional the BLS staff were especially after reading all negative comments about BLS in this forum. They recognize that some people have come from far and so didn't want to send them back. They patiently worked with them to sort out their applications as much as possible. But this also caused delays for others in the line. Double edged sword. They were fully staffed with 3 counters open and an additional person who was helping with photo copies and pictures
- My turn came at around 10:45 am. She collected one application at a time. Verified all documents. She was fast and focused but it still took a bit of time though we had all the necessary documents. We paid with debit card and were given a tracking number to track status. She mentioned that visa will take 7 to 10 days and Surrender certificate will take 3 to 4 weeks. We were out of the building by 11:05.

So in all it went very smooth considering that I went there prepared to get turned away because of the long lines. I might have lucked out. Can't comment whether the lines are always this short.
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. it will help me a lot as I have to do this procedure in the next couple of days. is the Visa processed in 7-10 days or 7-10 Business days?.

Reactions: T0r0nt022

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
I am jumping on the OCI Bandwagon now. I am trying BLS for appointment and I don't see anything past May 2022. Is there some other site for BLS Brampton appointment booking for passport surrender/entry visa/OCI or I am I missing something? Please advise as I have to travel to India urgently and I recently received my citizenship.
Hey buddy.. you would be best off applying an Entry visa to India once you have your Canadian PP. We applied for it on Saturday and received our visas stamped and passport delivered on Thursday (today). OCI is taking at least 3-4 months as per the folks at BLS and looking at the updates here...

Last edited:

prvd2002

May 20, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
IELTS Request
14-08-2014
File Transfer...
05-02-2015
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2015
Hey buddy.. you would be best off applying an Entry visa to India once you have your Canadian PP. We applied for it on Saturday and received our visas stamped and passport delivered on Thursday. OCI is taking at least 3-4 months as per the folks at BLS and looking at the updates here...
That's a quick turnaround for your Visa. Thanks you for sharing your timeline. I will be doing mine shortly.

Reactions: asterixfanboy

snm0415

Jan 18, 2022
What is your time line
you might want to email consec.toronto@mea.gov.in and explain the delay in your timeline. Fortunately, the day I emailed them, I got an acknowledgment date on the OCI website. They didn't reply back and I don't really care about that though.
The date on the BLS: March 30 (keep in mind I re-sent my application on March 17)
The date of acknowledgment on OCI: May 4 (Under process).
Try this and see I guess :/

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hey buddy.. you would be best off applying an Entry visa to India once you have your Canadian PP. We applied for it on Saturday and received our visas stamped and passport delivered on Thursday (today). OCI is taking at least 3-4 months as per the folks at BLS and looking at the updates here...
But how can you get a Visa when you are still an Indian Citizen?

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
I submitted my surrender certificate application and the receipt was attached to my entry visa application. Surrender Certificate + Entry Visa is allowed to be submitted together.. but not OCI. OCI applications are ONLY accepted after you receive the SC document and cancelled Indian passport.

Reactions: manu.yoganand