+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

pavion

Sep 25, 2019
There is a good chance that you would, since Vancouver is super fast. That being said, if I were you, I would have a backup plan, since this would be really tight! Check my signature for timelines.
Thank you!

My backup plan is July since flights are all fully refundable. But I had a gap in May so decided i would risk it.

Is there a way to check if I paid for Purolator? I didn't ask BLS and neither did they share anything.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Depends on your jursdiction. Toronto people are waiting weeks for their printed SC to go from consulate to BLS.

Vancouver, I got mine 3 days after it was printed. 1 day to go from consulate to BLS, one day for BLS to ship it out using Purolator, and got delivered the next day.
Thank you!

My backup plan is July since flights are all fully refundable. But I had a gap in May so decided i would risk it.

Is there a way to check if I paid for Purolator? I didn't ask BLS and neither did they share anything.
check your bls receipts. it should have line item courier fee

Reactions: vvarma

pavion

Sep 25, 2019
check your bls receipts. it should have line item courier fee
I would have thrown the receipt right away. Is this information I can gather by going to the BLS office and asking them to look it up for me?

Would the BLS office be able to provide any additional guidance on this matter?

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I would have thrown the receipt right away. Is this information I can gather by going to the BLS office and asking them to look it up for me?

Would the BLS office be able to provide any additional guidance on this matter?
Try calling them first.
Rest assured you do have the Purolator mailing service, there is no way they would have let you leave their office premises without them making you pay for Purolator. LOL. They will also update the tracker # on BLS site once they mail it out.

Reactions: delray55

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Can some one who submitted application at Branpton provide a rough idea about oci. Bls status changed from underprocess to processing at consulate general but could not able to trace on oci website with status inquiry. When it’s get into it acknowledged on oci portal?

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Can some one who submitted application at Branpton provide a rough idea about oci. Bls status changed from underprocess to processing at consulate general but could not able to trace on oci website with status inquiry. What is gap to get it acknowledged on oci portal?
Average I have seen on this forum is about 4 weeks. It’s been about 18 days for me, no updates

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016
Guys, Just want to confirm - Is it okay to send OCI registration application for both me and my wife in a single envelope? If yes, what about Demand Drafts, can that be a common draft? I am in Toronto jurisdiction. Anything else I need to take care! Thanks in advance!
Note: while doing Surrender Certificate, I had sent in two different packages. But I get a sense it may not be needed.

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Guys, Just want to confirm - Is it okay to send OCI registration application for both me and my wife in a single envelope? If yes, what about Demand Drafts, can that be a common draft? I am in Toronto jurisdiction. Anything else I need to take care! Thanks in advance!
Note: while doing Surrender Certificate, I had sent in two different packages. But I get a sense it may not be needed.
2 draft will be required
1 for oci (345*2)
2 for bls (7.4*2)

call bls they will arrange pick up of both application

they will add 8$ for second application in same envelope and 2 different drop off for shipping label

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016
2 draft will be required
1 for oci (345*2)
2 for bls (7.4*2)

call bls they will arrange pick up of both application they will add 8$ for second application in same envelope and 2 different drop off
Thank you K310!

I usually go to Purolator and prepare a return envelope and put that envelope along with the original package. I had done that successful twice - once for Renewal of passport and secondly for surrender certificates. Both times it worked like a charm. This was the recommendation of the person over counter at purolator which turns out to be cost efficient and avoid dealing with BLS for shipping charges.

snm0415

Jan 18, 2022
Hello All,
I live in Brampton and applied for OCI via postal on March 17 and was able to track it on the BLS website 2 weeks after that, which was March 30 with a message" processing at the embassy". A month has passed and I can't still find a record on the OCI website. I filled out the escalation form and it is of no use as the agent's state obvious update from the BLS website.
I just want to know if anybody is in the same boat. any advice/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when I tried to cancel, it said that the same was already cancelled. so make sure before you give it to someone.
I gave total 4 & only you reported this issue. It seems it worked for others. I had given it to you yesterday, you tried only now (although it should not matter as I had not shared this with others)? I could have given you other appointment if you had told me yesterday itself.

Unfortunately there is no way to make sure whether it is already cancelled or not. We only know when we try to cancel.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Is my understanding correct, that I cannot and I do not need to book appointment for Surrender certificate, the only option is walk in, correct? Do I still have to be in line like early morning for this to work, I have heard Surrey BLS office line ups start quite early?