Delivered to BLS Brampton: March 18th
Application Date on BLS website: March 29th

No record found on OCI website

Mine is worse:

OCI application picked up by Purolator: March 17th
Delivered to BLS Brampton: March 18th
Application Date on BLS website: March 29th

No record found on OCI website
@Krishna1989 @shshivam same boat as you both - applied around same dates and still NO RECORD FOUND on OCI status enquiry website

Craxyrider

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Scarborough
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
15-12-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Has anyone been able to submit surrender certificate without Canadian passport? it almost seems like its not a requirement for surrendering citizenship, also with passport waits close to 40+ days I would like to keep things progressing in parallel rather than in sequential order
Please read through this thread you will find the req info.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/indian-citizen-renunciation-toronto-jurisdiction.764789/#post-10056050

Reactions: Bains87

goofy123

Aug 14, 2021
Hello,
1) For in person appt at Brampton or Toronto office, do we need to take unattested photocopies of all docs & do they retain them?
2) How much is the lag between in person and postal application, on average..20-40 days?
3) Has anyone faced any issue with Purolator w.r.t. safety of the docs/OCI? In case of submitted docs being insufficient or having a mistake, will we need to pay for the additional one way courier?
4) Apart from address proof (utility bill etc.) do we need to provide lease doc, if the accommodation is rented?
5) After applying for OCI, if there is a delay, can we apply for visa after 2 months or so, especially if there is a need to visit India immediately?

Thanks a lot.

Canpy

Sep 26, 2021
Folks, this forum is an awesome source of information (so much more helpful than the BLS site :)). I've couple of questions and I'm hoping some of the Vancouver folks can answer them (I already browsed through 10+ latest pages and didn't find an answer).

1. In Vancouver Jurisdiction, can I file for SC and OCI together? I read an old comment that this was possible in Vancouver, but wanted to hear from someone who did this recently. Did you have to submit any additional documentation for SC + OCI?

2. Can I submit the App for both myself and my Spouse? I am planning to go alone and file application for myself and my spouse. Is this going to be an issue?

3. Any other Tips for ensuring that they Accept SC/OCI Applications together... or any other tricks/tips in general to make interaction with BLS easier.

Thanks in advance for your help!

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks, this forum is an awesome source of information (so much more helpful than the BLS site :)). I've couple of questions and I'm hoping some of the Vancouver folks can answer them (I already browsed through 10+ latest pages and didn't find an answer).

1. In Vancouver Jurisdiction, can I file for SC and OCI together? I read an old comment that this was possible in Vancouver, but wanted to hear from someone who did this recently. Did you have to submit any additional documentation for SC + OCI?

2. Can I submit the App for both myself and my Spouse? I am planning to go alone and file application for myself and my spouse. Is this going to be an issue?

3. Any other Tips for ensuring that they Accept SC/OCI Applications together... or any other tricks/tips in general to make interaction with BLS easier.

Thanks in advance for your help!
SC+OCI is not allowed together in Vancouver now.

Officially you can submit for both (someone can elaborate more on what is needed in order to do so like Auth letter). However better if you both go, since they try to find excuse to reject. In my case BLS employee raised objection on my son's photograph even when he was wearing dark gray t-shirt in that. Got photo clicked there again.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am going to cancel couple of appointments for 30-Apr at BLS Brampton. Please let me know by noon 26-Apr if anyone needs them.

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
I am going to cancel couple of appointments for 30-Apr at BLS Brampton. Please let me know by noon 26-Apr if anyone needs them.
Interested for April 30th let me know if we can coordinate

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
So, QQ - do you need to formally renounce citizenship before you apply for Indian visa?

PS: This question is for applying Visa, not OCI.

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Guys,
I am going to apply for OCI this week. I have a flight on July 2, 2022. Do I will get the OCI within this timeline ? your suggestion highly appreciated.
Timelines too tight.. Apply for OCI, but parallely look at having a visa application around 10th June. You can play it depending on the status. I am in similar boat, I applied for my OCIon April 9th