Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-10-2017
My SC was updated to Printed yesterday. When should I expect it "Ready for collection" at BLS Brampton ??
"Surrender certificate has been printed."
same update for me!!

Reactions: K310

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys, just wanted to double check, the process is as follows at a high level, correct?

1) Apply for surrendering Indian passport + entry visa together(as a back up)
2) Apply for OCI using cancelled passport?

Step 2 can be done only after completion of step 1, correct? Any current trend of approximate processing times for Toronto Jurisdiction?

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
My SC was updated to Printed yesterday. When should I expect it "Ready for collection" at BLS Brampton ??
"Surrender certificate has been printed."
Awesome, that’s wonderful when you applied I applied on March 7th and it’s still under approved and ready for issue state.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Thanks but how do I track if they shipped out via Purolator? The BLS still says Processing at consulate.

Your friend says that he picked up from the BLS center, that will be different for couriered?
Thats what - sometimes they do not update the status and it will keep showing Processing at consulate... forever types, even after the OCI is delivered to you. So give it a few days and, but also keep a watch if your Purolator tracker has been activated.

And yes, his was pick up. So notice that after your current status, for him it changed to "Passport ready for collection after oci stamping" after 4 days. In your case that would be the day hopefully when they mail it out.

arav12345

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
They will likely ask you to postpone the ceremony. There isn't any reliable press (at least none that I know of) to suggest they will let you keep (let alone allow you to travel with PR card after ceremony). If someone has any reliable information about this, this would be a good place to share.
Hello Rajkamal,

Quick question about the OCI process -

1. Do I need to submit birth certificate from India? I am a recent Canadian Citizen with Indian origin. I surrendered my Indian PP.
2. Did you attach original copies of surrender certificate and cancelled Indian PP?

Thank you !!!

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I submit the SC docs on my wife's behalf ?? or does she have to come with me ??

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Can I submit the SC docs on my wife's behalf ?? or does she have to come with me ??
Yes one person from family can submit application for entire family. No need to go for entire family

Reactions: Mr Dev

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
do I can submit OCI application to Vancouver jurisdiction even though I am residing in Ontario ?
I guess that could only be possible if you have address proof of VANCOUVER JURISDICTION

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
While submitting OCI application, I suppose all the documents needs to be self attested.
does this apply to online attached documents too, or only for the ones being enclosed with physical form?

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
My BLS tracker changed to Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping.

Wonder what that is.

jansh

Star Member
Feb 16, 2021
Can anyone please confirm if cancelled passport and surrender certificate can be collected from bls Brampton on Saturday? Tracking says it's ready for collection.

At the time of application, person at counter said okay to collect on Saturday but now looking at timings for Brampton location, it mentions collections from Mon-Fri and seems like location isn't open on Sat between 3-4:30pm which is the usual collection time? It's difficult to make the drive during weekdays so was hoping to collect on Sat.