Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I applied surrender certificate on March 13th (walk in) CGI status still shows " Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy" any idea folks how long it takes to deliver the certificate ?

I want to apply OCI but not sure Toronto will allow to submit without surrender certificate
Hey guys, I applied for passport surrender certificate (Toronto BLS, walk-in) on Feb 11! Still haven’t heard back. Status remains ‘in process’. Any ideas on who to contact?

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
yeah. How they pay for all the free stuff? Increase more taxes. And already the housing market is going over the roof. Many agencies are predicting a big financial and housing crash coming soon.
Oh boy. I’m looking to buy a home. Does that mean my future home is going to lose value drastically?

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
hey guys, those who've applied OCI - after how days of submitting the OCI application in-person, did it reflect for you in the online OCI status enquiry?

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
My tracker on OCI website says that the document received at Vancouver on April 7. But BLS tracking still shows that processing at consulate. How long do they ship out the OCI after receiving at the consulate?

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Oh boy. I’m looking to buy a home. Does that mean my future home is going to lose value drastically?
I don't know that but for sure will lose some value. Because the interest rates are climbing and will climb. This will drop the house prices. Now will it crash, no one knows.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I don't know that but for sure will lose some value. Because the interest rates are climbing and will climb. This will drop the house prices. Now will it crash, no one knows.
You will buy at a higher price today this also is quite certain.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
My tracker on OCI website says that the document received at Vancouver on April 7. But BLS tracking still shows that processing at consulate. How long do they ship out the OCI after receiving at the consulate?
I think they are pretty quick at Vancouver and should ship out very soon for you. Keep watching the status like a hawk!
Also keep in mind that sometimes BLS does not update the BLS tracker and Purolator is on their way to deliver! If I am not mistaken, the CAN # can be used to check if the Purolator tracker has been activated? Someone with experience, please chime in on this.

Also quoting our friend Rana's timeline here:

Finally I got my oci today march 30 I was in line for more than hour at surrey bls to pickup.Status changed today morning passport ready for collection after oci stamping. Send courier by purolator on February 10 bls acknowledge February 26 oci government website acknowledge march 02 .processed on 22 march .Dispatched from MEA and document received at Vancouver march 26. Pickup from bls march 30 .GOOD LUCK TO ALL .

watson info

Mar 25, 2022
Reactions: Hot2Cold

manu.yoganand

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Did BLS Brampton add additional appointments today?
All new appointments that came on Monday were gone by last evening. I see plenty of new appointments for April now

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I think they are pretty quick at Vancouver and should ship out very soon for you. Keep watching the status like a hawk!
Also keep in mind that sometimes BLS does not update the BLS tracker and Purolator is on their way to deliver! If I am not mistaken, the CAN # can be used to check if the Purolator tracker has been activated? Someone with experience, please chime in on this.

Also quoting our friend Rana's timeline here:
Thanks but how do I track if they shipped out via Purolator? The BLS still says Processing at consulate.

Your friend says that he picked up from the BLS center, that will be different for couriered?

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
My SC was updated to Printed yesterday. When should I expect it "Ready for collection" at BLS Brampton ??
"Surrender certificate has been printed."

Reactions: K310