+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I’m currently in Toronto jurisdiction but I’m moving to Vancouver jurisdiction in a month or two.

I have few questions on deciding what to do.

1) How long it takes to actually process SC in Toronto Jurisdiction.?

2) How long it takes to process SC and OCI in Vancouver jurisdiction ?
It totally depends on your moving dates + your travel plans to India. You would be the best judge.
1) For Toronto SC, looking at the forum timelines, looks like an easy 1+ month
2) For Vancouver (especially downtown BLS) - its much much faster. I got SC in 9 days. OCI is faster too as compared to East coast. I would say 1 month to 1.5 at the most. Also you can submit SC+OCI together.

Reactions: PumpkinJack

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
It totally depends on your moving dates + your travel plans to India. You would be the best judge.
1) For Toronto SC, looking at the forum timelines, looks like an easy 1+ month
2) For Vancouver (especially downtown BLS) - its much much faster. I got SC in 9 days. OCI is faster too as compared to East coast. I would say 1 month to 1.5 at the most. Also you can submit SC+OCI together.
Thanks @vvarma . I better wait and apply from Vancouver jurisdiction :) not in a rush to travel to India this year but don’t wanna deal with BLS twice

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Ontario just announced job and income support (up to $28,000), as well as free education, healthcare and emergency housing for our friends from Ukraine. So not too bad.
yeah. How they pay for all the free stuff? Increase more taxes. And already the housing market is going over the roof. Many agencies are predicting a big financial and housing crash coming soon.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
yeah. How they pay for all the free stuff? Increase more taxes. And already the housing market is going over the roof. Many agencies are predicting a big financial and housing crash coming soon.
Yeah........30-35% YOY appreciations reminds me of Japan during the early 90s :eek:

Reactions: funloving

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Thank you, just wanted to confirm. I applied on Mar 21 BLS Toronto - walk-in. Still No Record found.
hmm I guess it depends where you applied. Mine was a walkin in Surrey (CGI Vancouver jurisdiction) and I can already see my status in progress on the OCI website. I applied last week.

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Time to move out of Canada if your jobs allow. Being in tech, my plan is to move to states next year under TN1

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
I had my oath on 14th Jan 2022 and I just got the Canadian passport last week. I need to apply for the surrender certificate and I was wondering whether there is a time limit to apply for the surrender certificate.

Wollongong

Mar 14, 2022
I applied surrender certificate on March 13th (walk in) CGI status still shows " Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy" any idea folks how long it takes to deliver the certificate ?

I want to apply OCI but not sure Toronto will allow to submit without surrender certificate

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Postal Application sent on March 17th for OCI to BLS Brampton, still nothing on the OCI website. I guess the 5 week timeline is a complete lie.