+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
My Surrender certificate is under review at consulate and being in Surrender approved and ready for issue for the past week.
Now that is weird, anyone had this problem?

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
I was told by the BLS personnel that Surrendered Certificate is not required to travel and that an entry visa can be issued before a SC when both are applied together. Anyone with that experienc?

Reactions: funloving

MannDarin

Jan 13, 2017
Hi, I want to send in a postal OCI application to the Brampton consulate as the appointments available in my area are too far away.

Since I will be dropping off the application at Purolator myself, I am wondering about the Drop Off service fees I should attach. Paying them online shows a charge of $41.4. Is that the amount to attach in addition to the $7.40 of BLS's fees?

Thank you.

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Reactions: vvarma

Rana Singh

Feb 17, 2022
Curious about this as well, do we need to send original Canadian passport and citizenship certificate ? It says original and copy on the checklist but just wanted to see real world experience, I really don't want to send the certificate seeing how it takes 12+ months to get another if it gets lost.
No colour copy of Canadian passport picture name and your information copy .Landing paper .indian passport copy your name parents name address of India your picture and cancellation stamp copy. Surrender certificate copy .I had to send marriage certificate copy which was registered in india spouse name on it .Have to sign on all copies find vacant place on all copies it called self attested documents.Two pictures and one picture upload with signature on application. My Indian passport was canceled in I guess 2010 or 11 never gave me surrender certificate put 3 stamps on first page they wrote file number of cancellation and stamp .Another stamp on empty page in middle last stamp on last page .That time was vfs in Canada bls came later . I didn’t send surrender certificate just photo copies of cancellation stamps on Indian passport. If walk in allowed good save one side courier and get checked papers right away .Appointments after two month delay .

Reactions: Swappy

Rana Singh

Feb 17, 2022
No colour copy of Canadian passport picture name and your information copy .Landing paper .indian passport copy your name parents name address of India your picture and cancellation stamp copy. Surrender certificate copy .I had to send marriage certificate copy which was registered in india spouse name on it .Have to sign on all copies find vacant place on all copies it called self attested documents.Two pictures and one picture upload with signature on application. My Indian passport was canceled in I guess 2010 or 11 never gave me surrender certificate put 3 stamps on first page they wrote file number of cancellation and stamp .Another stamp on empty page in middle last stamp on last page .That time was vfs in Canada bls came later . I didn’t send surrender certificate just photo copies of cancellation stamps on Indian passport. If walk in allowed good save one side courier and get checked papers right away .Appointments after two month delay .
Sorry I forgot about Canadian citizen ship certificate copy too with signature on photo copy .

Reactions: Swappy

roq

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Here is my SC timeline (status in Passport portal) as of now:
Feb 26: Submitted in-person at BLS Toronto
Mar 1: Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate
Mar 10: Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
Mar 14: Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
The new checklist clearly mentions you need to send your original passport and citizenship certificate.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
When I track my SC sent by BLS via purolator, is stuck somewhere at sorting facility. As the BLS got wrong address, it says address correction required. I dont know what to do. I had filled out the information on Purolator that the address is wrong and provided a corrected address.

BLS is full of BullS**t

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
When I track my SC sent by BLS via purolator, is stuck somewhere at sorting facility. As the BLS got wrong address, it says address correction required. I dont know what to do. I had filled out the information on Purolator that the address is wrong and provided a corrected address.

BLS is full of BullS**t
It says... "Address correction required - incomplete / incorrect address provided"

Rendezvous70

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/12/2014
Doc's Request.
DD encashed - 14/02/2015
Nomination.....
08/03/2015
AOR Received.
15/04/2015
IELTS Request
submitted with the file
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 / TLU - 06/06/2015
Interview........
DM Update - 01/08/2015
Passport Req..
07/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2015
LANDED..........
April 2016
I went last week at Brampton BLS to deposit OCI for my son and the staff who took the application mentioned that it is now taking 3 months to process OCI.
What a joke !, c'est ridicule ! They asked my whether I am paying by debit or Cash. I never knew that they accept cash as well. So, I paid cash and he gave me a reciept mentioning paid by debit card and also had a debit card fees.

ironsheikthelegend

Star Member
Dec 21, 2021
It says... "Address correction required - incomplete / incorrect address provided"
Call purolator and asked them to either reschedule or alternatively you can pick up from a drop off location. Purolator messed up my delivery of some other items in past. I had to request a pickup. These requests are processed quickly though. Hopefully you have a tracking number.