Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
FYI

After getting the confirmation of the BLS appointment, one has to Click on the email button to have them send the confirmation email on your provided address. Otherwise you won't receive any. The other option print of course is for local printing.

Last edited:

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
For the Indian Origin Proof-i am assuming you uploaded the "Previous Indian Passport to Self" already? Given your SC is still pending I am assuming you uploaded a copy of Indian Passport which does not have "cancelled" written in it? Should we wait for that? or is it ok to upload the current "not cancelled" scan copy. Thanks.
better wait till u receive Indian passport, besides u can re upload 3 times.

rhi

Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Aug-15
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
Nomination.....
06-July-15
AOR Received.
09-Nov-15
IELTS Request
Submitted with Package
File Transfer...
30-Nov-15
Med's Request
02-Feb-16
Med's Done....
5-Feb-16, ECAS updated 25-feb- 16
Passport Req..
DM on 3 mar 16 & PPR on 7 th march 16
VISA ISSUED...
15th Mar 16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
I am in the process of applying OCI and have a question,
Is it mandatory to upload picture and signature or we can skip and do signature on print out and paste picture.
Plz confirm…
TIA

richieP

Mar 8, 2022
My Surrender status on the passportindia site has changed to Surrender certificate has been printed.

Timeline:
DateStatus on BLSStatus on Passport PortalDays since applied
2022-02-26​
N/ASurrender Certificate application form has been submitted.
2022-03-01​
Processing at Consulate GeneralPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
4​
2022-03-10​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
13​
2022-03-14​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.
17​
2022-03-18​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been printed.
21​
Congratulations, This is great news that Process seems fast now. I applied on 17th Feb 2022 through Postal application In toronto and my status is still shows as "Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance." I am guessing you have applied in Person?

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
I cant help you there. It was separate Q for visa.
Thanks. I paid about $163 for 1 year entry visa today. Wanted to apply for 5 year but they did not have any info.

Super disorganized as HCI and CGI said all visa except 10 year have been resumed but BLS said they can do 1 year max.

Also for people looking to walk in, be there super early and be prepared for ridiculous wait. The visa and surrender office (now at Building 60) only allowed about 10-11 people to walk in throughout the day. I saw some people who were waiting since 7 AM but they were turned back at 1 PM when guard said no more walk ins.

Reactions: dineshrehab

richieP

Mar 8, 2022
@richieP @dineshrehab sure! i applied for my SO's surrender certificate on 1-Mar-2022
Surrender certificate available for issuance update = 16-Mar-2022
Surrender certificate Printed update = 17-Mar-2022
Today same as "Printed" status

BLS today = Processing at Consulate

Hope it helps
Congratulation and thanks for the time line!
I hope you get your certificate soon.
Did you applied in person? I applied on 17th Feb 2022 and status still is "Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance." till date. Do you think contacting BLS will help expedite process?

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Lot of information on this thread but scattered, so just for confirming, if anyone with experience could please ratify.

1. OCI and SC can be done together (but only in Vancouver jurisdiction?)
2. While SC can be applied without appointment, Visa and OCI need appointments.
3. If you chose postal, then also you don't need appointment, and can send SC and OCI together.

Given the long wait times (2 months from today) for appointment, it appears Postal method should be the fastest (especially if done carefully avoiding back and forth due to mistakes).
1) Correct
2) Correct (for Vancouver + Surrey atleast)
3) Correct

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
FYI

After getting the confirmation of the BLS appointment, one has to Click on the email button to have them send the confirmation email on your provided address. Otherwise you won't receive any. The other option print of course is for local printing.
That email button does not trigger an email when booking for Surrey, of late. For Vancouver it works. Saying from personal experience. Always best to take screenshot/Print to be safe.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I am in the process of applying OCI and have a question,
Is it mandatory to upload picture and signature or we can skip and do signature on print out and paste picture.
Plz confirm…
TIA
Mandatory to upload, afaik. Do not paste anything.

Reactions: rhi

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
Is it possible to apply for entry visa while your surrender certificate application is in progress by including application receipt alone ?
I just did that today. Walked in at BLS Surrey and they allowed me to apply both together