+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I pass by the BLS Surrey everyday becasue its on the way to my work. I didnt know that we could ask for a pick up on the SC and OCI. They also didnt said said anything that I could pick up. the Bast*reds at BLS never gave any option, they just charged my $33 for SC and $33 for OCI.

They put my phone number wrong on the Purolator, now due to work I will not be at home, then I will have to go an pick up from Purolator, which is F**king 25 KM from my place......so I have to go separately to pick up the SC and OCI. While, I pass from BLS Surry Office every F**king day!!!
Sorry to hear about your wrong number and address. I am guessing you can track the Purolator? Since the address is wrong it will go back to their center and you can pick it up I guess? I also know of someone recently on this thread who shifted provinces and after follow up with BLS customer care, they simply got the address changed to their new one and received the post.

Yes, they will NEVER give you the pick up option, forget that, even when your ask for it, they will give COVID excuse for not allowing pickup. As per my personal and other forum member's experiences, you need to be firm with them wrt this point. And they should oblige. Remember its just another addon they sell.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Yes, I believe your name would not be there since you have not received any email. Be sure about that. Thats good that you took a screen shot. I was under impression that I will get the email. But have enough time from the work, just in case they create problem for you to enter the office.

You might have to fight for yourself at the door. But showing the proof could help, I hope.
Thanks for the tip. I am contemplating a day off for Surrey. I already took a day off for Vancouver BLS on Friday. By the time I am done with BLS, I hope I am not out of my job LOL

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Sorry to hear about your wrong number and address. I am guessing you can track the Purolator? Since the address is wrong it will go back to their center and you can pick it up I guess? I also know of someone recently on this thread who shifted provinces and after follow up with BLS customer care, they simply got the address changed to their new one and received the post.

Yes, they will NEVER give you the pick up option, forget that, even when your ask for it, they will give COVID excuse for not allowing pickup. As per my personal and other forum member's experiences, you need to be firm with them wrt this point. And they should oblige. Remember its just another addon they sell.
Yes. They had found 2 mistakes on OCI and SC and asked me to fillout the application there itself. And it had taken additional 1.5 hours to fill out both applications again and I was very stressed out so I didn't even thought about if I should press for it but they should have given an option. But i didn't know that I could push back.

Reactions: vvarma

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Thanks for the tip. I am contemplating a day off for Surrey. I already took a day off for Vancouver BLS on Friday. By the time I am done with BLS, I hope I am not out of my job LOL
Did your BLS Vancouver didn't work?

rp12343

Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

Can i leave it blank where they're asking for previous passport no.?
At some point I'm being lazy and trying to avoid filling up the application again.

1. For daughter I have her previous passports available and i can do application again.

2. For wife she has her 2nd canadian passport as 1st was damaged and got replaced with new one. Before that she had indian passport that was also renewed once.
So what passport detail i provide there. The canadian one she had before current passport? Or the one that she surrendered already. ( in wife's case we are applying for oci after 5yrs of being canadian citizen )

gingersunny

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Hi All,
We are Indian passport holder parents in Toronto.
Applied for our Canadian born child's OCI.
Called BLS - they tricked us into buying their expensive courier service. Charged 104CAD.
I researched later and found out I could go to any purolator store and pay at store and ship the packet myself.
I called BLS today asking for refund, they said send email to ccsuport email ID and someone will refund the amount in few days.
The shipping label is generated by Purolator but I have not used the label yet.

They were overly excited on the phone today and offered another deal. They said someone overcharged you with 104CAD, instead we can give you the same service for 83CAD. I was like WTH is going on? Are you like flexing the customer how much you can get out of him?
I am sure they get some kickbacks from Purolator for the over charged fees. They were ready to charge me again for 83CAD with a promise that you will get the refund of 104CAD. I denied. This upset the agent bigtime. She didn't answer any further calls and hungup.

Questions from experts here -
1.) Do you think I will get any refund?
2.) If I get the refund, can I go to any purolator store, send the package myself to the brampton address of BLS. Also add another prepaid shipping label for the return of the OCI booklet, also thorugh purolator. Is that all they require?
3.) Do I have to worry about how BLS sends the docs to consulate for OCI printing and how they get it back? Who pays for that shipping cost?

Someone suggested, I can drop it in person and pick it up as well at the BLS Toronto office. But on the website they say no online appointments. Everything is via courier only.

Any ideas?

Thanks
following. The same happened to us.

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
When we upload our documents on OCI website, do we have to self-attest them? Like my current passport scan copy, indian origin proof, etc...

ambikadas

Mar 11, 2022
Hi everyone! I am in the process of applying for OCI for my mother. The timeline is as follows:

Date Of Acknowledgment23-FEB-2022
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn15-MAR-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn

I noticed on other people's timelines the Printing status date and the dispatch/document dates are very close together. I keep checking every day and see no update. When you went through the process do you remember if those dates were updated at the same time/ close together or did it more time for the dispatch date to be updated? I hope that makes sense. If anyone can share their experience with that it would be much appreciated, Thank you!

my oci application with vancouver, oci website shows dispatch and arrive after around 7 days after print and 3 more days to arrive at home

hope it helps

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Partially worked. They only accepted Surrender since I was walkin. OCI is strictly appointments so they did not take my OCI. :(
I thought so. They dont allow OCI without appointment. We sad state!

• Sad
Reactions: vvarma

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rajkamalmohanram from your signatures it seems you submitted the passport surrender & OCI applications at the same time ..is that possible ?? I read at few places in the forum that they don't accept OCI application without passport surrender certificate.

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
I did complete the online form and even have the bank draft ready with me, just waiting for my SC. I would suggest complete the online form, upload the photo, digital sign and other supporting documents. Then if possible walk in and submit.
For the Indian Origin Proof-i am assuming you uploaded the "Previous Indian Passport to Self" already? Given your SC is still pending I am assuming you uploaded a copy of Indian Passport which does not have "cancelled" written in it? Should we wait for that? or is it ok to upload the current "not cancelled" scan copy. Thanks.

monarchV

May 30, 2018
I am about send my application for Surrender Certificate through post (Ottawa region) because I couldn't find any online slot for the next 2 months. I called BLS and they said I can send all the photocopies of Canadian documents along with photo copies and originals of Indian passport. Can anyone can anwer the two questions ?

#1. Can the photocopies be black & white or they have to be colored ?
#2. The original of expired/cancelled passport also have to submitted along with the current Indian passport or just the current Indian passport?

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Lot of information on this thread but scattered, so just for confirming, if anyone with experience could please ratify.

1. OCI and SC can be done together (but only in Vancouver jurisdiction?)
2. While SC can be applied without appointment, Visa and OCI need appointments.
3. If you chose postal, then also you don't need appointment, and can send SC and OCI together.

Given the long wait times (2 months from today) for appointment, it appears Postal method should be the fastest (especially if done carefully avoiding back and forth due to mistakes).

Last edited: