+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

mindymoo

Apr 17, 2015
Hi everyone! I am in the process of applying for OCI for my mother. The timeline is as follows:

Date Of Acknowledgment23-FEB-2022
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn15-MAR-2022
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn

I noticed on other people's timelines the Printing status date and the dispatch/document dates are very close together. I keep checking every day and see no update. When you went through the process do you remember if those dates were updated at the same time/ close together or did it more time for the dispatch date to be updated? I hope that makes sense. If anyone can share their experience with that it would be much appreciated, Thank you!

Reactions: Rana Singh

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hi everyone! I am in the process of applying for OCI for my mother. The timeline is as follows:

I noticed on other people's timelines the Printing status date and the dispatch/document dates are very close together. I keep checking every day and see no update. When you went through the process do you remember if those dates were updated at the same time/ close together or did it more time for the dispatch date to be updated? I hope that makes sense. If anyone can share their experience with that it would be much appreciated, Thank you!
When did you submit? And how - by mail pick up service?

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
Hey, I am in the same situation as you. My first application was returned and I sent the new application on March 12th. Still no update on the BLS tracker and shows older status. Let me know what you end up doing.
Hi
Was the complete package returned to you? Because for me my tracker status shows pending And Submit a new application. So I filled in a new application and sent it with a cover letter. It was delivered on March 07. Does your status show returned?

B.M

Mar 19, 2022
Calgary
Applied OCI at BLS Ottawa
OCI acknowledged at high commission 15 Feb 2022
Processed at Delhi. 15 March 2022
Dispatch from Delhi. 16 March 2022 Document received Ottawa empty
Anyone can tell how long it take to get OCI as we have travel to India on 23 March 2022
Thanks
Hi mann123, did you receive your OCI? If so how long it took to receive and when did you applied? Thank you.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I had explained it to couple other people in DM. I thought I will share it on this thread.

"I went to BLS, I had an appointment (I got it before I received my citizenship certificate, Iuckily I had one open but I was not sure if that was an error, I believe it could have been) and I had never received an email confirmation from BLS with the confirmation #. BLS in Vancouver allows Surrender and OCI at the same time but other jurisdiction has different rules.

Since I didn't have the appointment but I explained the situation to security, they were not convinced but then I said that surrender does not need an appointment. So, I stood in line for about 1.5 hours for no appointment line.

Went to the front desk, they asked for the OCI appointment confirmation #, I explained the situation. She checked something on computer and said ok.

She checked both the applications and also all the documents.

She found a 1 mistake in OCI application, and also 1 mistake in surrender app (it is not a mistake but I didn't want to fight for that and miss my chance to apply, you how BLS can be).

So, I had to fill out the OCI and SC app again in the BLS office on the side on my phone. I spent another 1 hour filling out the apps.

After that I went again to the lady, she checked everything and it was ok. I waited for 30-40 mins for my turn. Paid about $565 total for OCI and SC for 1 person.

They check every document original passports, certificates.

They just take your Indian passport for surrendering. It will be back to you in 2-3 weeks.

The OCI she told should be in 5 weeks, I don't know if that will happen or not but that is what she told me. But take that with a pinch of salt. If you need urgent travel go for Visa app not OCI. and once you are back you can get the OCI. "

Hopefully, this would help.

Thanks,
@funloving - wrt your above post, what time did you go there? And did you notice what was the waiting time for those with appointments? Were they sticking to their schedules more o less? I have an appointment at Surrey for OCI at 9.30 this Monday. So I was wondering what time I should be there? And after how long I can expect to be out. Its a working day for me and its so tough to manage.

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Went to Consular Camp Toronto
All PCC, attestation of documents, life certificates were being done on spot.
Visa application being accepted by passing BLS completely.
My concern- SC and OCI
Wanted to submit OCI without SC- they dont accept OCI at all.
Interestingly I was about to leave but the officer wanted to verify my application, she verified everything and signed approved in green ink.
She advised me to apply as soon as I receive the SC .
I told her my SC status is stuck for past week, she took my print out of the status and assured me it will be dispatched ASAP.

Hopefully her signature in Green ink helps when I apply for OCI. ( I hope I get my SC next week)

• Love
Reactions: Hot2Cold and vvarma

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
@funloving - wrt your above post, what time did you go there? And did you notice what was the waiting time for those with appointments? Were they sticking to their schedules more o less? I have an appointment at Surrey for OCI at 9.30 this Monday. So I was wondering what time I should be there? And after how long I can expect to be out. Its a working day for me and its so tough to manage.
I was there by 8 AM and stood in the waiting line for about 1.5 hour. Yes, they were allowing people with appointments to go through (my name was not there). Reach there by 9:25ish and say to the security that you have an appintment. I hope your name should be there (mine was not there), if your name is not on the list with the security, then tough luck. You will have to stand in the line that could add about 1 hours (with appontment it could be wait of line for about 0.5 to 1 hour. In addition to the line (you will have to wait in line no matter what) it would take atleast 1 hour in addtional hour for whole processing. So, you should have window of atleast 2-2.5 hours (if its fast) if not then take atleast 3 hours off from work.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I pass by the BLS Surrey everyday becasue its on the way to my work. I didnt know that we could ask for a pick up on the SC and OCI. They also didnt said said anything that I could pick up. the Bast*reds at BLS never gave any option, they just charged my $33 for SC and $33 for OCI.

They put my phone number wrong on the Purolator, now due to work I will not be at home, then I will have to go an pick up from Purolator, which is F**king 25 KM from my place......so I have to go separately to pick up the SC and OCI. While, I pass from BLS Surry Office every F**king day!!!

• Angry
Reactions: vvarma

Rana Singh

Feb 17, 2022

I think they update once only when oci arrive at cgi in your jurisdiction.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I pass by the BLS Surrey everyday becasue its on the way to my work. I didnt know that we could ask for a pick up on the SC and OCI. They also didnt said said anything that I could pick up. the Bast*reds at BLS never gave any option, they just charged my $33 for SC and $33 for OCI.

They put my phone number wrong on the Purolator, now due to work I will not be at home, then I will have to go an pick up from Purolator, which is F**king 25 KM from my place......so I have to go separately to pick up the SC and OCI. While, I pass from BLS Surry Office every F**king day!!!
The BLS F**KING got my address WRONG on with the Purolator!!!! I am really really pissed!!!!!

ars999

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Is it possible to apply for entry visa while your surrender certificate application is in progress by including application receipt alone ?

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
I was there by 8 AM and stood in the waiting line for about 1.5 hour. Yes, they were allowing people with appointments to go through (my name was not there). Reach there by 9:25ish and say to the security that you have an appintment. I hope your name should be there (mine was not there), if your name is not on the list with the security, then tough luck. You will have to stand in the line that could add about 1 hours (with appontment it could be wait of line for about 0.5 to 1 hour. In addition to the line (you will have to wait in line no matter what) it would take atleast 1 hour in addtional hour for whole processing. So, you should have window of atleast 2-2.5 hours (if its fast) if not then take atleast 3 hours off from work.
Thanks for your response...really helps! BTW, that timeline is nightmarish as compared to Vancouver BLS! Since I will be travelling from downtown...I will need to add 2-3 hours for my return journey :( Looking at your past experience, I immediately took a screenshot of the Appointment confirmation page so that there are no issues once I am there. I hope the security respects the confirmation # even if my name is not in their list. Interestingly, just like you, even I did not receive any email.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Thanks for your response...really helps! BTW, that timeline is nightmarish as compared to Vancouver BLS! Since I will be travelling from downtown...I will need to add 2-3 hours for my return journey :( Looking at your past experience, I immediately took a screenshot of the Appointment confirmation page so that there are no issues once I am there. I hope the security respects the confirmation # even if my name is not in their list. Interestingly, just like you, even I did not receive any email.
Yes, I believe your name would not be there since you have not received any email. Be sure about that. Thats good that you took a screen shot. I was under impression that I will get the email. But have enough time from the work, just in case they create problem for you to enter the office.

You might have to fight for yourself at the door. But showing the proof could help, I hope.