+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Hey there,
Can you please share your timeline regarding your surrender certificate? as Mine is stuck on "Available for issuance " for almost two weeks now.
Thanks in advance, and I will also have the same same questions as you for OCI so will keep an eye for your post for reply :)
@richieP @dineshrehab sure! i applied for my SO's surrender certificate on 1-Mar-2022
Surrender certificate available for issuance update = 16-Mar-2022
Surrender certificate Printed update = 17-Mar-2022
Today same as "Printed" status

BLS today = Processing at Consulate

Hope it helps

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
What is the link for Passport Portal? And is the file number to put there the one that is like 22-XXXXXX ?
Link to Passport Portal - https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
here you put the login details you created when filling up the online surrender application. Your submitted application will appear below in a few seconds and then click on Track Status button.

the 22-... number is BLS specific. for that go to bls website - click on Track Application on the top and then follow the selection that is relevant for you. and here is where the 22-.... number you will input to track the BLS side of things.

Hope this helps. Cheers

Reactions: Hot2Cold and vvarma

tfox72

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
Link to Passport Portal - https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html
here you put the login details you created when filling up the online surrender application. Your submitted application will appear below in a few seconds and then click on Track Status button.

the 22-... number is BLS specific. for that go to bls website - click on Track Application on the top and then follow the selection that is relevant for you. and here is where the 22-.... number you will input to track the BLS side of things.

Hope this helps. Cheers
Thank you!

gantisunil86

Sep 9, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
At what point do you have to submit your Canadian passport for OCI?
When you are applying for it, i did a walkin so they just checked it and gave me back

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Submitted my passport surrender today at BLS Vancouver by walkin:

1) Reached at 7.50 am. Just one person ahead of me.
2) They opened at 8. Said that they accept walkins only for Passport surrender and strictly need appointments for OCI or Visa. I was given the option of submitting both Surrender + OCI together on 6th April (my upcoming appointment date).
3) I decided to take the token for Surrender and waited in their waiting hall. They first called those having an appointment.
4) I was called after 1 hour wait. Just one staff at BLS. She processed my Surrender quickly. All my documents were in order. Did not even check any of the originals. Also did not need my previous cancelled passport copies.
5) Was then offered for some SMS service (?!) - I immediately declined.
6) I requested for picking up in-person. She started with the usual commentary of Covid policy/etc; I interrupted and firmly put across that Purolator does not service my entire building due to a lack of buzzer. Shared my past terrible experience during PCC application. Also gave her a printed letter addressed to BLS stating my reason for in-person pickup. She read the letter fully and returned it back without uttering a word. I was told I will have to track everything myself online and come for pickup.
7) Can pay by Cash or Debit. I paid by Debit card (one payment of $130.10)
8) Got my OCI Application checked from her before leaving. All is in order. (still I won't be using their dreaded Purolator service)
9) The guard asked me to come back after 2 hours to check if he could accommodate me for OCI. No luck. He asked me to come back again after an hour. Again no luck since their waiting room was full and only 1 officer was on duty due to Holi, which was quite understandable. Still, I am very disappointed.

Documents submitted for Surrender (VANCOUVER JURISDICTION ONLY):

- Checklist
- Application form
- 1 Photo
- Indian Passport (Original)
- Indian Passport copy (First + Last pages + Observation + All pages having Visas)
- DL copy
- Canadian Passport copy
- Canadian Certificate copy
- Canadian COPR copy

All docs were self attested with just my signatures. Checklist was returned back.

Reactions: nskatcv

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Folks I resubmitted a new application on 9th March. The first application was retuned due to errors. Its 18th now and still no sign of the new application on the bls tracker which still shows ‘returned’ and the old transaction and application #.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Considering the call center folks are unable to help, I would definitely pay BLS a visit, since its a matter of your original Indian passport.

ars999

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
My Surrender status on the passportindia site has changed to Surrender certificate has been printed.

Timeline:
DateStatus on BLSStatus on Passport PortalDays since applied
2022-02-26​
N/ASurrender Certificate application form has been submitted.
2022-03-01​
Processing at Consulate GeneralPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
4​
2022-03-10​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
13​
2022-03-14​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.
17​
2022-03-18​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been printed.
21​
What is processing BLS location ?

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
Hi, I sent submitted my miscellaneous OCI application on March 2nd (Brampton - BlS walk-in) and so far cannot see anything on status enquiry page. any idea how long miscellaneous OCI application takes to process?

I am planing to fly to India on May 2nd and I cannot pushback the trip so I am deciding to apply for tourist visa. are they still issuing visa for a month only? or can I get 1 year tourist visa?
Consider Entry Visa which takes 7-10 days than tourist visa which takes a month to reprocess.

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
Folks I resubmitted a new application on 9th March. The first application was retuned due to errors. Its 18th now and still no sign of the new application on the bls tracker which still shows ‘returned’ and the old transaction and application #.

I am considering visiting BLS. As mine is the same case, please share if there is an update at your end.

ars999

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
How old can the photo in application can be ? I was told my canadian passport photo & bls application photo cannot be the same.. After showing proof that the photo is very recent and that my canadian passport was received urgently, they agreed.. I was almost rejected and never imagined same photo would be an issue..

• Wow
Reactions: vvarma

vqwerty

Dec 18, 2018
Is the tourist visa allows us to stay only for 30 days in India? Is there any visa which allows to stay more time?
Thinking of other options if i dont receive my OCI by the travel timeframe

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Is the tourist visa allows us to stay only for 30 days in India? Is there any visa which allows to stay more time?
Thinking of other options if i dont receive my OCI by the travel timeframe
entry visa can be applied for 6months or more.

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015

Hey, I am in the same situation as you. My first application was returned and I sent the new application on March 12th. Still no update on the BLS tracker and shows older status. Let me know what you end up doing.

Reactions: Mishti