+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Q1. Yes Previous passport number - Indian passport number
Q2. I have white background bro, they accepted it for surrender certificate. Lets see, I guess they will ask me take another pic when I go for OCI. Just use light background ( remember the photo u upload must match the one u present while u submit).
Can share the timeline of the SC?
@richieP
I mean the sheer ridiculousness of light background not being white specification. BLS in its checklist says it should be white background and i spent $30 on getting them a week ago. I dont know if it really matters. Other OCI holders/applicant can please shed light?

maan123

Jul 25, 2012
Hi Mann123- I also have same timelines as yours .Ottawa Date of Acknowledgement is 19 Feb 2022, and there is no update for me as it still says Under process at https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury .
Where did you verify dispatch from Delhi and other details? Is it same URL as above or is there something else to verify the latest status on OCI.
Please let me know. Thanks
Same link for OCI website wait 4 to 5 days more you will see some progress

Reactions: Rana Singh

Rana Singh

Feb 17, 2022
Applied OCI at BLS Ottawa
OCI acknowledged at high commission 15 Feb 2022
Processed at Delhi. 15 March 2022
Dispatch from Delhi. 16 March 2022 Document received Ottawa empty
Anyone can tell how long it take to get OCI as we have travel to India on 23 March 2022
Thanks
you will have before 20 march usually they mention on bls website pick up time 3 to 4.30 pm . Print your status and take your Canadian passport pick up from bls . Let us know. THANS .

Chironto

Feb 27, 2022
When applying for OCI in person at Brampton location, do I need to submit my original documents (canadian passport, old indian passport, citizenship card/certificate) or is a self-attested copy fine?

Also, I have booked the appointment under 'Visa' - will they allow submitting OCI application in that slot?

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
For SC, when the BLS tracking says in transit from Consulate to BLS, does that mean they sent to BLS and I will have pick up from there? Or it will be my mail box?
This status has not changed since couple days. I was wondering should i keep an eye on my mail box or BLS tracking to pick up?

gantisunil86

Sep 9, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
*** Final Update and a Horrible Nightmare but got saved*******

OCI BLS Brampton Walkin: 28th Jan
CGI ACK: Feb 18th
Documents Printing/Dispatch from MEA/Delivered in Toronto: March 11th
OCI BLS Update Documents left at Counter: March 15th
Passport Ready for Dispatch:16th March but no tracker

My travel date is of 24th March and i received call yesterday from Purolator and thanks to the lady who took the effort to use Google and also call me.

BLS had shipped it to wrong address but since the Lady from Purolator was proactive she called me and i got saved or could have missed my flight. I did a personal pick up yesterday from them and got the OCI.

I had heard lot of horrible stories about Drop Off services by BLS that they lost passports and etc.

Learning Lesson for Me, i WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER Use their Courier Services! Just giving a heads up based on my experience.

Thanks!

tfox72

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022
*** Final Update and a Horrible Nightmare but got saved*******

OCI BLS Brampton Walkin: 28th Jan
CGI ACK: Feb 18th
Documents Printing/Dispatch from MEA/Delivered in Toronto: March 11th
OCI BLS Update Documents left at Counter: March 15th
Passport Ready for Dispatch:16th March but no tracker

My travel date is of 24th March and i received call yesterday from Purolator and thanks to the lady who took the effort to use Google and also call me.

BLS had shipped it to wrong address but since the Lady from Purolator was proactive she called me and i got saved or could have missed my flight. I did a personal pick up yesterday from them and got the OCI.

I had heard lot of horrible stories about Drop Off services by BLS that they lost passports and etc.

Learning Lesson for Me, i WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER Use their Courier Services! Just giving a heads up based on my experience.

Thanks!
At what point do you have to submit your Canadian passport for OCI?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks I resubmitted a new application on 9th March. The first application was retuned due to errors. Its 18th now and still no sign of the new application on the bls tracker which still shows ‘returned’ and the old transaction and application #.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

loonytunes

Mar 18, 2022
Hi, I sent submitted my miscellaneous OCI application on March 2nd (Brampton - BlS walk-in) and so far cannot see anything on status enquiry page. any idea how long miscellaneous OCI application takes to process?

I am planing to fly to India on May 2nd and I cannot pushback the trip so I am deciding to apply for tourist visa. are they still issuing visa for a month only? or can I get 1 year tourist visa?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I have couple of queries regarding BLS Brampton office:

1. Are all family members needed to visit BLS office along with me to apply or I can do it on their behalf (using authority letter from them, if required )?

2. Also wanted to confirm that BLS Brampton office works on Saturday? It is possible to book appointment for Saturday, however as per Google maps office is closed on Saturday.

Rana Singh

Feb 17, 2022
Hi, I sent submitted my miscellaneous OCI application on March 2nd (Brampton - BlS walk-in) and so far cannot see anything on status enquiry page. any idea how long miscellaneous OCI application takes to process?

I am planing to fly to India on May 2nd and I cannot pushback the trip so I am deciding to apply for tourist visa. are they still issuing visa for a month only? or can I get 1 year tourist visa?
Two months enough time acknowledge date on oci government website to count one month to receive. Total time I guess 6 weeks or couple of days more . It will show on bls website first few days later on government of India website. Good Luck.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
My Surrender status on the passportindia site has changed to Surrender certificate has been printed.

Timeline:
DateStatus on BLSStatus on Passport PortalDays since applied
2022-02-26​
N/ASurrender Certificate application form has been submitted.
2022-03-01​
Processing at Consulate GeneralPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
4​
2022-03-10​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
13​
2022-03-14​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.
17​
2022-03-18​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been printed.
21​

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Both responses are from my experience.

Hi, I have couple of queries regarding BLS Brampton office:

1. Are all family members needed to visit BLS office along with me to apply or I can do it on their behalf (using authority letter from them, if required )?

2. Also wanted to confirm that BLS Brampton office works on Saturday? It is possible to book appointment for Saturday, however as per Google maps office is closed on Saturday.
No. But if you need to reprint an application for an adult or need a different photo then you will have to come back another day. If possible go with all the applicants. For Surrender, one person can go in and submit all applications. You do not have to take multiple appointments. They will not let all enter, but if they are needed for photos or signatures, then they are available.

Yes they work on Saturdays. I applied for my surrender on a Saturday.

Reactions: softwaretesting

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
My Surrender status on the passportindia site has changed to Surrender certificate has been printed.

Timeline:
2022-02-26​
2022-03-01​
Processing at Consulate GeneralPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
4​
2022-03-10​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
13​
2022-03-14​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.
17​
2022-03-18​
21​
My SC on BLS says "Ready for Dispatch"

But my concern is related to my OCI, I just noticed that the lady had put my phone number wrong, which is printed on the OCI payment receipt. I believe that should not be a problem for the OCI issuance but it could be problem dleivery from Purolator? Should I go to the BLS center again and get it corrected? or Wait out?

My concern is if I go to BLS for this update, they could change anything can delay my OCI?

Reactions: Hot2Cold

tfox72

Star Member
Feb 20, 2022

Timeline:
2022-02-26​
2022-03-01​
4​
2022-03-10​
13​
2022-03-14​
17​
2022-03-18​
21​
What is the link for Passport Portal? And is the file number to put there the one that is like 22-XXXXXX ?

Reactions: Hot2Cold