+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Rana Singh

Feb 17, 2022
After acknowledge on oci government of India website usually take 3 weeks 21 days to print . 1 week to receive via courier. Submit application to receive oci
Mine still shows on OCI website "No Record Found" , while on BLS tracking it says "underprocess"

I hope the guys at BLS didn't messed up anything. I wonder how long does it shows up or changes from "underprocess" to next steps?
My application was on oci website 4 days after bls said under process .

Rana Singh

Feb 17, 2022
my oci time line for vancouver

OCI application: walkin

Mission: vancouver

Application date : 7 february

oci website: 11 feb

printed and at Vancouver : 10 march

collect at ls edmonton today 14 march
Did you make appointment ? I am wondering how long had to wait ?

spssg

Mar 14, 2022
My status on Passport Seva site changed to:

Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.

Status history:

DateStatus on BLSStatus on Passport PortalDays since applied
2022-02-26​
N/ASurrender Certificate application form has been submitted.
2022-03-01​
Processing at Consulate GeneralPassport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
4​
2022-03-10​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
13​
2022-03-14​
Processing at Consulate GeneralSurrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.
17​
Can you please link of Passport Portal to look at the status of Surrender Certificate

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
Hi Mishti. I am also in the same boat, my BLS tracker shows ‘returned’ and has the details of my old application & address and not the new one. I think it will take about 8 business days to show the details of the new tracker. Maybe those who have resubmitted application after being returner can provide some insight.
I resubmitted the application on the 9th of March.

Unfortunately there appears to be no way to find out whether they sent your application back, you have to wait for Purolator to knock at your door or leave you a ‘we missed you’ notice. I still have not received tracking info. from BLS for the application that was returned even after sending emails and submitting service requests.

Purolator will keep your documents for 5 days and then return it to BLS. You can try picking it up on person if you haven't received them in a few weeks.
Hi Royce. But unlike you, my tracker status shows pending. Today I was able to call BLS Customer Care. The first time I connected after 20 minutes and the guy at the other end said he would connect me to the passport department. And insted of connecting me he disconnected the phone. I tried again..after long wait I was able to connect to a lady. She took my passport number but could not get any information. All she said was that there is a lot of chaos at the Surrey and Ottawa offices and that they are not able to update statuses. She said please have patience and your status should change soon.
I also initiated an escalation/grievance. Let’s see what happens. They are supposed to respond in 48 hrs. It is quite frustrating.

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
Is there anyone on the forum whose BLS Tracker status did not change yet their file moved forward. I mean how reliable is the info on Tracker Without an update.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Royce. But unlike you, my tracker status shows pending. Today I was able to call BLS Customer Care. The first time I connected after 20 minutes and the guy at the other end said he would connect me to the passport department. And insted of connecting me he disconnected the phone. I tried again..after long wait I was able to connect to a lady. She took my passport number but could not get any information. All she said was that there is a lot of chaos at the Surrey and Ottawa offices and that they are not able to update statuses. She said please have patience and your status should change soon.
I also initiated an escalation/grievance. Let’s see what happens. They are supposed to respond in 48 hrs. It is quite frustrating.
That is the same thing that happened with me as well, they transfer the call but instead it disconnects. My status still shows the old application and ‘returned’. Hopefully our files will be updated soon.

Pathetic customer service, I dont know why they are still contracted as agents for the CIG, we should all sign a petition to have them removed and replaced with someone else like VFS with whom tracking etc is at least consistent.

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
HI Folks - for those who completed surrender application from BLS Toronto - how many days did it take your status to update from "Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" to ready for collection?

My SO's surrender submission was done on 27 Feb and still its stuck on "Under Review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" :( feeling very anxious

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
HI Folks - for those who completed surrender application from BLS Toronto - how many days did it take your status to update from "Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" to ready for collection?

My SO's surrender submission was done on 27 Feb and still its stuck on "Under Review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" :( feeling very anxious
Me another member are in same boat. I submitted March 1, still same status.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Submitted OCI Application with an appointment at BLS Brampton today.

Also, pop-up on BLS homepage has also updated wordings related to walk-in now which is consistent with what I saw today: “Applications Submission at the BLS Center by Appointment while walk-in would also be accommodated between 8:30 AM & 1:30 PM.”
This is really good news. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully they open walk-ins under Ottawa and Vancouver jurisdictions as well soon!

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016
That is the same thing that happened with me as well, they transfer the call but instead it disconnects. My status still shows the old application and ‘returned’. Hopefully our files will be updated soon.

Pathetic customer service, I dont know why they are still contracted as agents for the CIG, we should all sign a petition to have them removed and replaced with someone else like VFS with whom tracking etc is at least consistent.
I totally agree. VFS is way more efficient.

Mishti

Mar 22, 2016

O my God! That’s a long time. If it exceeds the given timeline, you can submit a query and they should respond.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
My Surrender certificate tracker says "surrender certificate has been printed".

What does that mean, does it mean they are ready to ship it? How much time does it take from this step? The BLS has charged me for a return shipping, $33, I hope they do actually send via post rather than asking me to collect it from BLS.

The BLS website says that the certificate is "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre"

Thanks,

Last edited:

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I can track the OCI on government website, it says "Under Process".
BLS "Processing at Consulate General"

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I submitted more than 1 week before you and the status is still "Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate". BLS website mentions "Minimum Processing time is around 8 weeks" for Toronto jurisdiction so I guess they are moving slower than before.

Last edited:
Reactions: indigonation5