Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Guys I am not getting an appointment at the BLS Brampton! I need to surrender my passport and at the same time need Indian visa as well, can some guide me what is the best possible way I can go forward and what documents should I need to submit ?

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
I applied for both together and was told that visa will come first (in 8-12 days).
was it a mail in service or walk in ? I don't see any early appointment how I suppose to apply both together at the same time ?

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
When mailing in the application for passport surrender do we need to include the ORIGINAL OATH certificate, COPR (landing paper) and Candian passport ?

I don't know I am very concerned to submit the Candian originals. Is this a MUST ? Is it same procedure if we do a walk-in ?
I have the same question, please someone walk us through

rp12343

Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Trying to get parents PCC done for their PGP application for PR.
And oci application for me and my daughter.

1. Is it true that we don't need to send originals to bls toronto jurisdiction for PCC and OCI applications?
2. If so why the checklist is asking for original documents?
3. If you send the application by canada post, then how do they return your oci or pcc to you? How do we pay for it?

ambikadas

Mar 11, 2022
Looking at the recent trends, using their Postal service means delays of few weeks + the possibility of return due to any mistake. I am super confused, and already becoming stressed. I have an Appointment for April 6 at Vancouver BLS and my flight for May 31st. Does any one think Postal would save time if it were sent on 22nd April? I do plan to gate crash Vancouver on Friday.
as per my experience with vancouver you can expect 1 to 1.5 months for oci if walkin.

thanks

Reactions: vvarma

ambikadas

Mar 11, 2022
Can someone guide me with the order in which to apply for stuff after Citizenship? My understanding is

Get Canadian Citizenship Certificate > Surrender Indian Passport > Apply Canadian Passport > Apply OCI card

Does that order sound correct?

as per me

- get citizenship
- get canadian passport
- apply for surrender and get visa if want to visit india
- apply for oci

because once you surrender passport your passport will get canceled and in case of emergency you don't have any passport indian or canadian

thanks

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
No dont wait. Just gate crush. BLS and Purolator is a deadly combination. Plus they take 6-8 weeks for OCI.
Exactly my thoughts. I am super scared of Purolator from this forum thread. I have decided to only submit via Walkin. I have taken a day off this Friday and plan to gate crash Vancouver in the morning. In case if they kick me out - I will then need to decide to gate crash Surrey on the same day or Saturday, since I heard they are open on Saturdays. If nothing works I will take a chance and stick to my Vancouver appointment on April 6 :( atleast walkins seems to be more predictable and faster.

For pick up - anybody tried personally picking up OCI directly from BLS? I know they try to paste you with Purolator, although not in the rule books.

rpishere

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-22-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-18-2014 (with RPRF and PCC)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-13-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2015 (Received 03-09-2015)
LANDED..........
Sep '2015
PSA: For those not able to get an appointment, BLS Brampton opens appointments every single working day between 8:30 - 9:00 am. It doesn't matter which category you chose, as long as you have an appointment you'll be allowed to enter. Just ensure you get 1 appointment for 1 application - so for a family of 3, you need 3 appointments.

I got multiple surrender and oci appointments in Dec, Jan, and Feb that way. Enjoy!! :)

gantisunil86

Sep 9, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
**** TIME LINE UPDATE******

OCI Brampton Walkin - Jan 28th
CGI ACK - 18th Feb
Printing/Dispatch MEA/Delivery - March 11th
BLS Tracking: (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping) March 15th

I have seen OCI takes 6 Weeks and CGI has been consistent in that.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PSA: For those not able to get an appointment, BLS Brampton opens appointments every single working day between 8:30 - 9:00 am. It doesn't matter which category you chose, as long as you have an appointment you'll be allowed to enter. Just ensure you get 1 appointment for 1 application - so for a family of 3, you need 3 appointments.

I got multiple surrender and oci appointments in Dec, Jan, and Feb that way. Enjoy!! :)
Are appointments given in office between 8:30 - 9:00 am or online? When I am trying to book appointment online exactly at 8:30, I am not getting it. Yesterday, I saw an appointment available for 8:50 AM when I tried again exactly at 9 AM. That's it.

rpishere

Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-22-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
11-18-2014 (with RPRF and PCC)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-13-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-26-2015 (Received 03-09-2015)
LANDED..........
Sep '2015
Are appointments given in office between 8:30 - 9:00 am or online? When I am trying to book appointment online exactly at 8:30, I am not getting it. Yesterday, I saw an appointment available for 8:50 AM when I tried again exactly at 9 AM. That's it.
Online. I don't know the exact time when they release but it's between 8:30 - 9 am. I typically looked at 8:40ish using different categories and always saw many. I think they look at cancellations, extra capacity, etc. every day. Hope it helps.

Reactions: softwaretesting

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hi
Trying to get parents PCC done for their PGP application for PR.
And oci application for me and my daughter.

1. Is it true that we don't need to send originals to bls toronto jurisdiction for PCC and OCI applications?
2. If so why the checklist is asking for original documents?
3. If you send the application by canada post, then how do they return your oci or pcc to you? How do we pay for it?
1) One of my friend submitted OCI application via Purolator service today. He was clearly told by Toronto BLS not to send Originals. Best to call BLS and confirm.
2) There is a possibility the checklist has not been updated - keep in mind BLS changes rules by the second!
3) You will need to pay via DD or Postal order. They have given the breakup on their website. Call agent will help on that as well.

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
For surrender application, how many days does it take from "Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" to ready for collection?

BNS007

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Submitted OCI Application with an appointment at BLS Brampton today.

OCI Experience (Brampton - Appointment)
Overall smooth. Agent said I will receive courier at home. I politely said my previous courier experience was not good and as it’s an add-on service, I would not like to opt for courier. Agent politely agreed.

Agent then offered ‘Call Service from BLS on Application progress and status’ which was new to me. I politely denied that as well and agent was ok with that.

For folks not getting an appointment:
I noticed a separate line today for walk-ins. They let people in (though line moves slowly compared to ‘with appointments’ obviously).

Also, pop-up on BLS homepage has also updated wordings related to walk-in now which is consistent with what I saw today: “Applications Submission at the BLS Center by Appointment while walk-in would also be accommodated between 8:30 AM & 1:30 PM.”