+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you Everyone for your help. I just completed all the application and will be going to submit n 14th January, Last question: I entered my actual marriage date in the Marriage registration field. My marriage certificate lists both the dates [actual marriage date and registered date]; I hope that is not an issue. Else I will need to fill in everything again. Please suggest.
Date of Marriage is fine.

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
BLS website doesn't go beyond proceed to payment page. Seeing a few people had similar issue. But can't seem to find the fix. How was this resolved?

appuchu

Oct 19, 2017
ON
As of now, I see lot of appointments available for Toronto under Visa category for Jan. Earliest is available for Jan 13 (tomorrow at least 14 slots). If anyone is looking for slots in Toronto.

Appointments are also available under passport category for Feb 14 onwards.

shekhar78

Aug 3, 2016
Received OCI cards for myself and my kid. Here are the timelines:

Walkin at BLS brapmton24-NOV-2022
Date Of Acknowledgment13-DEC-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn06-JAN-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn06-JAN-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn06-JAN-2023
OCI delivered11-JAN-2023

pallyp

Jan 7, 2023
Thanks for the help. it works out i exit and upload them.

I have one more question regarding employment letter. Right now i am not working and on EI, what should i upload for employment letter?
Hi Neil,

I would like to know what you mentioned under employment and how did it get printed on the OCI card? I'm currently unemployed.

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
i submitted my application to BLS on 20th Dec for OCI via post. BLS date received date showing 23rd Dec. anyone with similar timelines waiting for an update from CGI on the website for ACK? Do i receive my originals (PP+indian PP) before OCI or do I get everything back together at the end?

Vimalan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
Status Update

Walk-in submission at Toronto BLS29-Nov-22
Date Of Acknowledgment16-Dec-22
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSED10-Jan-23
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI11-Jan-23
Document received AtTORONTO11-Jan-23
Counter to BLS deliver11-Jan-23
Passport ready for collection12-Jan-23
OCI received through Purolator13-Jan-23

Kaurbal

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Hello, i want to apply evisa( travelling this week) for my husband but need help with the point that says any other valid passport, as i just got Canadian passport and plan to surrender indian passport later on. Do I need to mention Indian passport details in yhat column? Any help will be appreciated. TIA

Dee3186

Aug 8, 2022
My acknowledgment date is 16th December 2022 and I just saw the update on OCI page (there was no update when I checked around 9:30 AM EST today). and based on the message posted by SPV (2 messages above), it might take another 4 to 5 days to actually get it.
finally I got my oci today. The bls tracker still shows Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping. I was expecting to see purolator tracking id here and I have been checking it everyday, Today purolator showed up at the door and gave the OCI.

• Haha
Reactions: abbas.pasha

GamerBird

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hello everyone!

I am applying for OCI on Monday through postal service from Toronto.
I think I read on BLS website that we have to submit the application along with the original documents and they will return the originals after verifying in 7-15 days. But when I called the customer service to book pickup and drop off service, the agent said I don't have to submit the original documents but only the self attested photocopies.
I am a little confused now. Did anyone apply for OCI through postal service without the originals and got approved?
Any inputs on this would be appreciated.

Thank you!

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
Hello everyone!

I am applying for OCI on Monday through postal service from Toronto.
I think I read on BLS website that we have to submit the application along with the original documents and they will return the originals after verifying in 7-15 days. But when I called the customer service to book pickup and drop off service, the agent said I don't have to submit the original documents but only the self attested photocopies.
I am a little confused now. Did anyone apply for OCI through postal service without the originals and got approved?
Any inputs on this would be appreciated.

Thank you!
as with everything else - its a matter of discretion where Indian officials and documentation is concerned - they can ask for more or less depending on their mood. go by what you feel comfortable doing. I sent my originals (PP/Citizenship certificate) along with application and paid the fee for drop off of originals on BLS website. If they changed the process, they haven't yet communicated it on the checklist - so really it is up to your judgement I would think.