+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Titli1234

Dec 12, 2022
Hello all, I have surrendered Indian passport already and waiting for my entry visa. I'm travelling to India in few days, can I apply for OCI before that? My concern is that do I need to carry my surrendered Indian passport and surrender certificate while travelling to India? Also, there are no appointments available for OCI, is it mandatory to apply walk in ?
could you please share how long it took for your entry visa to process?

Sonikky

Apr 4, 2016
Status changed to "Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping"

I have paid for Purolator drop off service. Looking at the other comments, it seems tthe Purolator tracking info should be available on Monday
Hello everyone,
I received the OCI card today. Yesterday morning itself the bls tracker was updated with Purolator tracking number. The tracking number activates around 4pm.

On the card, they didn't add the postal code of my current home address. I believe it shouldn't be an issue. Can someone suggest any issues they foresee with this?

I am so thankful to all the timelines posted here by different folks.

Kkt91

Jun 24, 2020
Anyone with a postal application which was updated to "Processing at Consulate General" on 26-Nov-2022 and have received a Acknowledgement on the OCI Website.
I got acknowledgment on 24 th of November, still application under processing. Did you get any update?

Sonikky

Apr 4, 2016
Hello everyone,
I received the OCI card today. Yesterday morning itself the bls tracker was updated with Purolator tracking number. The tracking number activates around 4pm.

On the card, they didn't add the postal code of my current home address. I believe it shouldn't be an issue. Can someone suggest any issues they foresee with this?

I am so thankful to all the timelines posted here by different folks.
I did a quick search on the forum, it seems since the form A had a separate field for postal code, they didn't print it for most people. Very strange. I at least have the city, province and country info accurately mentioned.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
URGENT: Appointment tomorrow for a minor OCI application.

Hey guys can we just have the child's thumb impression wherever it asks for applicant's signature:
1. Checklist
2. Part B - Self Declaration
3. Part B - Application for minor

Help is appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: