+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ivikas

Oct 15, 2020
Thank you for information. But looks to me this docs is too old. because in the Document at number 2 says "If you cannot visit the VAC, it is recommended that you use the postal service to submit your application. Alternatively, to book a pickup and/or drop via FedEx, visit http://www.blsindia-canada.com/vas/ "

Other day rep at BLS call center told me that they only use Purolator for courier. No other company is allowed.

Also this document has no release date (at footer or header). This process of applying OCI is so difficult. I have to call BLS call center 20 times. Instructions are not clear.

Anyway! thank you again for your help.

Regards,
I know that document has lots of old information, but if you read through the OCI website under Misc section and the below doc, all of them suggests to use Misc section for the correction.

https://www.mha.gov.in/PDF_Other/7OCIcardholder_miscserviceGuidelines_15112019.pdf

D3xt0r

May 18, 2016
Hi guys,

Anybody still waiting for their OCI from Ottawa Jurisdiction who got their Acknowledgement in the month of August?

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Hi guys,

Anybody still waiting for their OCI from Ottawa Jurisdiction who got their Acknowledgement in the month of August?
My ack date was 3rd Aug.
I believe we had a conversation earlier, mine was an exception that they processed after contacting them multiple times.
My status changed to counter delivery after OCI stamping last week.
I should be able to pick it up either on Monday or Tuesday once it updates to ready to collect.

Reactions: D3xt0r

surgp

Jun 11, 2012
When I called the bls, their customer service representative wasn't aware of the new 45 day timeline as well.
Having said that, it may get processed under 45 days as well. It used to take 5-7 days until 2 weeks before.

The new processing time is also updated in the below links.
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/entry-visa.php
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/visa-entry/

45 days! Thanks for sharing.

Do you know if BLS keeps the original passport for the entry visa application?
I am planning to do a walk-in tomorrow (BLS Brampton) but can't let BLS keep my passport for that long :(

What if I need to travel for an emergency, I won't have a passport!

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I am planning to do a walk-in tomorrow (BLS Brampton) but can't let BLS keep my passport for that long :(

They will keep passport as visa is stamped on passport.

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016

When you walk in tomorrow could you please clarify entry visa processing time with BLS. My travel date is October 5th and entry visa applied via postal on August 31st and AOR received on September 6th. It is for my newborn. We applied oci also on August 16th via postal and just updated AOR on September 9th on OCI site. So much worried now.

pratham1102

Apr 6, 2022
Date Of Acknowledgment25-AUG-2022
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

With this information on the OCI status tracker, when can I reasonably expect an update? Thanks in advance!

b.arvind87

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Anybody knows what this status means on the BLS website tracking ?
OCI is supposed to be dispatched by courier, and they have courier details as well, so not sure why it mentions 'Passport Delivered By Hand'

Application Status
(Passport Delivered By Hand)

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any Aug 1 - Aug 5 OCI applicants from Toronto here, with Ack Aug 22.? is there any movement on your files?

amriash

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Kitchener
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-12-2016
Congratulations. My application was submitted on Aug 4th and Acknowledgement came on Aug 22. When do you think I will get my OCI?

Are they people who applied between July15th to Aug 1st and still waiting for there OCI? - in this thread
Any update on your end today?? i checked this morning but status remains in progress for me

regalkp123

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding OCI. I want to apply it by mail.

1. Draft or money order in favor of "The Consulate General of India - Toronto"
    (Note: Fees payable under this draft / money is for Consular fees + ICWF Charge only). - $345
  2. In favor of BLS International Services Canada Inc. via - Nothing has been mentioned for this one.
Can anyone specify the amount.

Also, is it recommended to apply through mail. How long does it take.

Thanks.