23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
lololll sorry, my bad.. :-D

Wish I had checked this forum or called BLS before sending originals. They really should update their portal. Now just pacing around nervously until I get my originals back safely..
I was super worried too after sending my originals. I finally got it back after about a month and half. I think mine was a one off case. Most people receive their original documents back within 2 weeks. Cheers!

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
No worries mate. In one post from @rajneeshv , the agent mentioned "just ignore the checklist". I wonder why don't BLS simply update the checklist (to send across only self attested copies) and avoid this confusion. This is not about sending a extra copy of a document. Here we are talking about absolute important documents like Canadian Passport. Wonder why they don't they keep things simple!
forget about passport. citizenship certificate is more important

Reactions: jj_ind

jj_ind

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
TLU: 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 17-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued: 03-12-2015
LANDED..........
Landing expected: April 2016
Hello everyone. Is it normal to see a few days of delay between dispatched from New Delhi and Document received at Ottawa? My status is stuck at dispatched from New Delhi since yesterday. Any suggestions?
As you by now know I am Toronto applicant, but guessing by other posts from Ottawa applicant; looks like the process is bit slower there compared to other locations. Is it because it is a HCI office as well!
I am absolutely sure we all will get our OCI in a week (max)! :)

Reactions: canadamaple

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
No worries mate. In one post from @rajneeshv , the agent mentioned "just ignore the checklist". I wonder why don't BLS simply update the checklist (to send across only self attested copies) and avoid this confusion. This is not about sending a extra copy of a document. Here we are talking about absolute important documents like Canadian Passport. Wonder why they don't they keep things simple!
BLS and their staff are not the most reliable from what I can tell. I don't see why they cannot have consistent guidelines for all applicants. These varying guidelines and checklists for different jurisdictions have only confused people. MEA likely outsourced these consular services to the lowest bidder and BLS was probably the cheapest rock-bottom service provider. Now we know that if we pay peanuts, we get monkeys :D

• Haha
Reactions: akbardxb and jj_ind

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Wow I didn't check this part, just reading this:
2.COPR (under Indian visa section)
I thought they were asking for Indian visa, and uploaded my Indian entry visa in this section! hope it wont be an issue!
Did they ask for COPR during submission.?
I think you can even submit it now before it changes to acknowledged

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
As you by now know I am Toronto applicant, but guessing by other posts from Ottawa applicant; looks like the process is bit slower there compared to other locations. Is it because it is a HCI office as well!
I am absolutely sure we all will get our OCI in a week (max)! :)
Thank you for the courage my friend :) I can't wait to board a flight to go see my mother :)

Reactions: jj_ind

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Did they ask for COPR during submission.?
I think you can even submit it now before it changes to acknowledged
They did not! it's not even mentioned in the required docs for OCI?
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf

I'm just wondering why they would need that when they have a copy of my Canadian Passport? doesn't that override all previous immigration documents?
I thought COPR was only useful in Canada later when applying for pension plan?

Anyways, you're right looks like I'm able to re-upload a document in the Online OCI Services. Please let me know if I should override my "India Visa" document from a copy of my Entry Visa to COPR?

Last edited:

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
They did not! it's not even mentioned in the required docs for OCI?
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf

I'm just wondering why they would need that when they have a copy of my Canadian Passport? doesn't that override all previous immigration documents?
I thought COPR was only useful in Canada later when applying for pension plan?

I remember reading somewhere that its to find out if a person became canadian citizen after being a refugee. In that case it will be shown in landing papers i think. BLS asked me to upload it. Its not in checklist. sometime back there was a checklist screenshot from brampton office and it had that as well

Anyways, you're right looks like I'm able to re-upload a document in the Online OCI Services. Please let me know if I should override my "India Visa" document from a copy of my Entry Visa to COPR?
I think you can override the entry visa and upload copr. entry visa has no significance in this process.
I think you may be fine without uploading as BLS did not ask for it. But you can upload to be on safer side

Reactions: sundeep_s_

dushyant2809

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent
Thanks buddy you saved me a day. I went in an applied for OCI today. They didn't keep any originals at all. They even returned my cancelled Indian passport and surrender certificate. But the lady mentioned that the only way to pay for OCI is via Money Order. I got one this morning after you alerted me to it.
Application in now! and the waiting begins!
Congrats on successfully submitting OCI app in one attempt.

Did they even returned your cancelled Indian passport on spot ? So far I know they keep it to verify and then send it via courier.(forced to take courier option) extra for that.

It will be difficult to say at this point if you will receive by 1st week of August.

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Congrats on successfully submitting OCI app in one attempt.

Did they even returned your cancelled Indian passport on spot ? So far I know they keep it to verify and then send it via courier.(forced to take courier option) extra for that.

It will be difficult to say at this point if you will receive by 1st week of August.
Yes, they returned it on the spot. I was going with courier anyway since I live 30 mins away and have no patience to stand in the lines :D.
I even asked her if she didn't want to keep my cancelled Indian passport, she said "No, we are not keeping any originals".

Reactions: dushyant2809

dushyant2809

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent
Yes, they returned it on the spot. I was going with courier anyway since I live 30 mins away and have no patience to stand in the lines :D.
I even asked her if she didn't want to keep my cancelled Indian passport, she said "No, we are not keeping any originals".
thats good to know. I will going to Brampton only for my other family members for OCI in coming months.

Toronto one is the worst so far.

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
thats good to know. I will going to Brampton only for my other family members for OCI in coming months.

Toronto one is the worst so far.
Nope! The medal for being the worst goes to Ottawa. Trust me :)

• Haha
Reactions: dushyant2809

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
For OCI no need to upload citizenship certificate
But photocopy (self attested) is needed during postal/walkin submission
only things that need to be uploaded
1.Canada passport
2.COPR (under Indian visa section)
3.Indian passport (cancelled )
4.Birth/Marriage certificate (as applicable)
for child applications include parents docs as well in scan (COPR,Indian passport, Canadian passport)
You are awesome. Thank you so much

Reactions: delray55

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Thank you. I ended up merging both my COPR and India Visa into one pdf and uploaded it into the "India Visa" section. That way they have if they want it! :D
Thanks for this suggestion. I would have missed this otherwise.