+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ironsheikthelegend

Star Member
Dec 21, 2021
Urgent help please
For surrendering indian passport they are asking for record of landing, I don't have it .

Is it mandatory and would I not be able to go ahead with process - I am short of time as I have my flight on 23rd march and have to surrender and apply for entry visa
hmm it was not needed for BLS toronto. However, do you have any proof of to the category to which your application belonged for PR process. E.g. I applied for PR under provincial nomination and I had lost my COPR but I was able to g et a verifcation of status from CIC stating my immigration category. You may have it electronically avaialble.

ironsheikthelegend

Star Member
Dec 21, 2021
Landing documents ?? omg the process never ends ..
I would advise to fill up verification of status form and send it to CIC and tell them that you lost your CCOPR/Record of landing. Meanwhile you may be able to find some alternative documents to satisfy surrender application. You need the information in COPR when you claim pension benefits in Canada.

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
yeah the passport goes to the BLSand then they ship it to us through Purolator.
BLS is a short form for Bullshitters, they don’t know what they are doing and saying. They make, amend and cancel their own rules.
Guess they just wanted to sell me the courier service. They get a commission on that.

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
Is there any advantage in doing in person via appointment vs getting pickup and drop off for OCI and surrender. By mail seems so convenient

sach1234

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 September, 2014(Tuesday)
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER received: 09 January, 2015(Friday)
AOR Received.
03 Feb, 2015(Tuesday)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
SLU: 28 April, 2015- Tuesday (Processing started on 23rd April, 2015-Thursday)
Med's Request
12 May, 2015(Tuesday)
Med's Done....
23 May, 2015(Saturday)
Interview........
TLU: 04th June, 2015(Thursday)
Passport Req..
18 June, 2015(Thursday); Passport submitted through VFS on 19 June, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited; Decision made: 20 June, 2015(Saturday)
LANDED..........
Is there any advantage in doing in person via appointment vs getting pickup and drop off for OCI and surrender. By mail seems so convenient
You should try and visit their office if you want to save some money and ensure that they won’t ask you to resubmit/ or ask for more documents, correction etc. If you have time issues or want to get something done quickly/ or if they don’t have any time slots available for the next month or so, then go ahead with the mailing procedure.
In short, people working at BLS don’t know what they are saying and you’ll always get a different answer when you call them. Personally, I also feel that they get some sort of commission, every time they recommend you to use courier services. Purolator isn’t that expensive if you deal with them directly, it’s damn expensive when you go through BLS for their courier services though.

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
You should try and visit their office if you want to save some money and ensure that they won’t ask you to resubmit/ or ask for more documents, correction etc. If you have time issues or want to get something done quickly/ or if they don’t have any time slots available for the next month or so, then go ahead with the mailing procedure.
In short, people working at BLS don’t know what they are saying and you’ll always get a different answer when you call them. Personally, I also feel that they get some sort of commission, every time they recommend you to use courier services. Purolator isn’t that expensive if you deal with them directly, it’s damn expensive when you go through BLS for their courier services though.
thank you for explaining!

Reactions: sach1234

bhushh009

Mar 13, 2016
Do i have to mandatory use BLS Shipping services by Purolator?
Can I use Canada Post to send documents and drop off by Purolator ?

alks09

Dec 4, 2020
OCI application: Postal
Mission: Ottawa
App. Received:10 Jan,2022
Application date on BLS: 19 Jan
Acknowledgement date: 27 Jan
Original documents return: 31 Jan
When should I expect OCI card.
I have ticket on 13th March to travel to India
Should I postpone or apply for entry visa??
Any suggestions??
Thank you in advance

sach1234

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 September, 2014(Tuesday)
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER received: 09 January, 2015(Friday)
AOR Received.
03 Feb, 2015(Tuesday)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
SLU: 28 April, 2015- Tuesday (Processing started on 23rd April, 2015-Thursday)
Med's Request
12 May, 2015(Tuesday)
Med's Done....
23 May, 2015(Saturday)
Interview........
TLU: 04th June, 2015(Thursday)
Passport Req..
18 June, 2015(Thursday); Passport submitted through VFS on 19 June, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited; Decision made: 20 June, 2015(Saturday)
LANDED..........
Any suggestions??
Thank you in advance
It’s a hit and miss. I think you should apply for a tourist visa as well but you don’t have a lot of time for that either from my experience. I applied for a tourist visa, accepted at the high commission in Ottawa on Feb 9 and since then it’s been in processing.

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Any suggestions??
Thank you in advance
Man I am traveling in mid May , even I am not sure I will get my OCI by then. Applying for surrender this monday, ( if they dont allow my OCI along with that then entry visa together)
I read in google reviews they started asking spouse passport copies since you mention in surrender application.

So anyone surrendering passport take spousal passport copies and COPR with you.

Reactions: PumpkinJack

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Do BLS offer pickup of the OCI card once they are available or we must pay for drop off service when doing a walk-in submission ? It is too expensive on their website if you’re applying as a family, it is $40 per application.

Let’s say I’m applying as a family of 3. The return courier fees for surrender certificate and the OCI itself would be 240 and then comes the actual application fees. The cost can easily go beyond one’s biweekly pay cheque.

Last edited:

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Man I am traveling in mid May , even I am not sure I will get my OCI by then. Applying for surrender this monday, ( if they dont allow my OCI along with that then entry visa together)
I read in google reviews they started asking spouse passport copies since you mention in surrender application.

So anyone surrendering passport take spousal passport copies and COPR with you.
Let me know if they accept both the applications at a time bro.

Reactions: dineshrehab