+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Guys qq - so does the minors have to keep renewing oci every 5 years when they get their Canadian passport renewed ..

I saw an article we don't need to .. please provide inputs

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Once the documents received in Toronto.(Feb 5th)Where can we check status of BLS sending them to me?
I checked on BLS application status it shows old details of my original document sent. Please advise

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
is 'Employment Letter' mandatory for new OCI application? Do we need to get it from the company (or) could we prepare our own self-signed format letter? Please let me know if anyone applied OCI recently? Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
is 'Employment Letter' mandatory for new OCI application? Do we need to get it from the company (or) could we prepare our own self-signed format letter? Please let me know if anyone applied OCI recently? Thanks.
You don't need to submit this document if you are in Canada as far as I know (unless they changed the rules recently). I know I didn't submit it.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
You don't need to submit this document if you are in Canada as far as I know (unless they changed the rules recently). I know I didn't submit it.
Thanks Raj. I hope the rules are still same.

Checklist has something like "(g) Professional Details of the applicant." I think it might be some details of our work in a simple format, I guess. Let's see if any one who applied recently had any issues? Thanks

Last edited:

UKCanadian79

Feb 5, 2022
Hi, Has anyone recently applied for OCI at Toronto by mail? If so, did you mail originals for passport and citizenship certificate? Thank you

Vivadhi

Feb 5, 2022
I sent my OCI application by post to Brampton on December. It was returned in January 9 because of lack of some documentation. I resubmitted on January 12. It was received on January 13, acknowledged on BLS website on January 22 and currently shows “processing at consulate general”. No updates on OCI website as yet as it still shows “no record found”.

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
I sent my OCI application by post to Brampton on December. It was returned in January 9 because of lack of some documentation. I resubmitted on January 12. It was received on January 13, acknowledged on BLS website on January 22 and currently shows “processing at consulate general”. No updates on OCI website as yet as it still shows “no record found”.
What documents did you miss the first time? And how many days after you submitted the initially application was it returned to you?

UKCanadian79

Feb 5, 2022
Did you send your original passport and citizenship certificate in the mail or just copies? Thanks

Last edited: