+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Minigolf123

Aug 13, 2018
Submitted OCI application yesterday at BLS Mississauga for 2 adults and 1 child. They pushed for purolator, but we declined given it was additional $180 for 3 applications.
I heard that pickup is not available at Mississauga yet, so does anyone know how will we be able to pickup? The lady at the counter obviously said that you may have to go to Toronto or Brampton, but was not clear in her response.

Last edited:

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hi guys,
I have some queries regarding the OCI (minor) application.

1. Should we must book an appointment for OCI for Surrey BLS or walk-in will also work. I spoke to BLS today and they mentioned that walk-in is also ok but I read somewhere (Not in their website though) that OCI needs appointment. If anyone has done OCI in Surrey location recently, please share your experience.

2, If I choose postal, do I need to send all originals as well, BLS lady told no originals required but I am not sure? please guide or point to the relevant thread.

3. For OCI Minor, portal says that following docs needs to be uploaded:
CURRENT PASSPORT - Minor passport
EMPLOYMENT\/ WORK LETTER - Is this required for minor, Only one parent is working and other is housewife, how to tackle this situation, please guide.
INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF - Our passports
INDIAN VISA - Will upload our PR cards
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
RELATIONSHIP CERTIFICATE : Is this birth certificate, please confirm ?

TIA

Last edited:

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hi guys,
I have some queries regarding the OCI (minor) application.

1. Should we must book an appointment for OCI for Surrey BLS or walk-in will also work. I spoke to BLS today and they mentioned that walk-in is also ok but I read somewhere (Not in their website though) that OCI needs appointment. If anyone has done OCI in Surrey location recently, please share your experience.

2, If I choose postal, do I need to send all originals as well, BLS lady told no originals required but I am not sure? please guide or point to the relevant thread.

3. For OCI Minor, portal says that following docs needs to be uploaded:
CURRENT PASSPORT - Minor passport
EMPLOYMENT\/ WORK LETTER - Is this required for minor, Only one parent is working and other is housewife, how to tackle this situation, please guide.
INDIAN ORIGIN PROOF - Our passports
INDIAN VISA - Will upload our PR cards
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
RELATIONSHIP CERTIFICATE : Is this birth certificate, please confirm ?

TIA
1 - walk-in works
2 - no originals to be mailed
3 - work letter n/a for minors - i provided my kids' education letters - taken out n given back to me while submitting it (even for an adult child still studying)
4 - give a self declaration for homemaker - should work or may get returned; either way you'll be safe if you take one with you
5 - NOC is needed for minor, signed by both parents, both parents OCI spec photos needed - 1 each
6 - citizenship cert needed too
7 - IN pp surr cert needed too
8 - no relationship cert needed if the minor has an IN pp (now cancelled) ie relationship with root Indian - SELF
9 - birth cert not needed if born in India
10 - if minor did not ever hold an IN pp then parents' pp, birth cert, NOC, marriage cert will collectively do the job

Last edited:

Himanshu28

Oct 11, 2019
my timeline & applied from Brampton. my application Submitted on 11th, May 2024.
Date Of Acknowledgment17-MAY-2024
Registration Status at MissionToronto
OCI- NumberXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxx
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDxxxxxxxxxxx
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIxxxxxxxxxxx
Document received At

• Wow
Reactions: pumpkin_latte

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
my timeline & applied from Brampton. my application Submitted on 11th, May 2024.
Date Of Acknowledgment17-MAY-2024
Registration Status at MissionToronto
OCI- NumberXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxx
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDxxxxxxxxxxx
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIxxxxxxxxxxx
Document received At
Do you mean it's processed in just one week? so fast.. WOW

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
1 - walk-in works
2 - no originals to be mailed
3 - work letter n/a for minors - i provided my kids' education letters - taken out n given back to me while submitting it (even for an adult child still studying)
4 - give a self declaration for homemaker - should work or may get returned; either way you'll be safe if you take one with you
5 - NOC is needed for minor, signed by both parents, both parents OCI spec photos needed - 1 each
6 - citizenship cert needed too
7 - IN pp surr cert needed too
8 - no relationship cert needed if the minor has an IN pp (now cancelled) ie relationship with root Indian - SELF
9 - birth cert not needed if born in India
10 - if minor did not ever hold an IN pp then parents' pp, birth cert, NOC, marriage cert will collectively do the job
Thanks so much for the reply, since I will apply in Surrey BLS, they do not require photos of parents in NOC as per below: https://www.cgivancouver.gov.in/public_files/assets/pdf/Consent_form_minor_applicants_17feb2024.pdf
Also since minor is a newborn, I am still wondering if the work letters are required from parents (no such mention in the checklist), regardless I will upload.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Exactly.. Reading the experience of others here in this thread, it seems BLS somehow finds mistake in your application (especially OCI , as they know this is the last time you get their service) and makes you pay an extra fee, and i have seen crowded lougne with these applicants waiting to be called.. Considering these PL is not a bad choice if you are willing to pay $40, and you get even the same-day appointments.
Citing my experience at Toronto:

They had two counters: one was a preliminary "check" counter where they'll do all this "sir, there is no space between zipcode" or "Sir, you have beard now but no beard in photo" nonsense and try to make you rebook or correct for a fee. Then, the second counter, is the actual one where your documents are taken and processed. But here also they'll do one last check to see if any money can be made.

vino24

Feb 29, 2024
Hi there, I applied for an OCI card at the Brampton office on May 4, 2024 (postal application received date in the office). How can I check my status other than on the BLS portal?

canpr2020

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
We uploaded the following pages in a single pdf under:
Previous Indian Passport Self:
  • Indian Passport (front and back)
  • Surrender Certificate
  • Birth Certificate
  • Indian passports and surrender certificates for both parents
Marriage Certificate:
  • Marriage Certificate of parents
Current Passport Self:
  • Canadian Passport
  • Citizenship Certificate
  • Canadian passports and citizenship certificates for both parents
Employment Letter (although not required for kids, but we ended up including it)
  • Employment letter of both parents
you can use online tools like compress pdf to reduce the file size of the pdf incase it goes outside the size limits

NoC is not required to be uploaded, only submit it at BLS (make sure you paste photographs of both parents)
Hello @abbas.pasha -

Please help me with below queries, if possible.

Could you please share minor sample Employment Letter as you mentioned in your post ?
Also, the same sample Employment Letter for housewife, if you have any ?

Is it required to be same photos for Minor consent form as parents OCI photos ? I didn't know about consent form as both parents are going for application, hence didn't take extra pic for consent form.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello @abbas.pasha -

Please help me with below queries, if possible.

Could you please share minor sample Employment Letter as you mentioned in your post ?
Also, the same sample Employment Letter for housewife, if you have any ?

Is it required to be same photos for Minor consent form as parents OCI photos ? I didn't know about consent form as both parents are going for application, hence didn't take extra pic for consent form.
Like I said in my link employment letter for minor is not required at the max you can include your employment (if you feel there is a need for it)
For homemaker Jo don’t have a template. But can be generic that your wife is currently not working
When I submitted in Dec 2022 BLS was ok accepting different photographs but I have heard they now ask for same photos if parents are also applying for the OCI along with their children

Reactions: canpr2020

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Citing my experience at Toronto:

They had two counters: one was a preliminary "check" counter where they'll do all this "sir, there is no space between zipcode" or "Sir, you have beard now but no beard in photo" nonsense and try to make you rebook or correct for a fee. Then, the second counter, is the actual one where your documents are taken and processed. But here also they'll do one last check to see if any money can be made.
it is both absurd and so blatant, in-your-face what they're doing. pay us at least $60 n up on any pretext or else we'll start finding silly issues. and once you pay $100, nothing else matters! everything goes.

however, unlike your experience, in my case only one person handled our files end-to-end.