+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
is it very wrong to wish ill for whichever extremely greedy person in BLS/CGI etc. that has instructed staff to squeeze as much money as they can from people who can pay, and even from those who can't?

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Pl excuse the detailed post! Experience during our OCI visit today - Toronto office, spouse and minor application

Which date to use as application date for a family member who's already applied for OCI -
Brampton office rejected my applications asking me to enter date of visiting BLS, and not date of online application. I had gone with multiple applications - to use the one that suits them. I BY MISTAKE gave them the application which had my OCI online application date! Toronto office accepted it. So, this isn't quite a "process requirement" but a staff specific thing.

Marriage certificate for minor child - The option to upload a marriage certificate says is only for married adults, so I just took it with me since it is also needed for a child's parents. Brampton had accepted it (just like SC etc. which don't have a separate field to upload, but have to be taken along). Toronto rejected saying this has to be uploaded too ($18 if they do it)!!

Wife's maiden name - IN passport renewals, CA PR, CA citizenship, US visa, IN passport surrender - in everything I mentioned she had a diff surname before marriage, and attached an affidavit + marriage certificate. Brampton BLS had no issue in this, Toronto rejected saying they need a document with her previous name, or I shouldn't mention she has had a previous surname at all (they said either you spend $80 - 90 on a fresh afffidavit or they can do it for $100 - by stating she's always had this name)!!

Pickup option - Toronto allows it (but make it extremely difficult, first come first served in a 1 hour window Mon - Fri), if you make a story around not being available etc. etc.

RAMBAAN - Premium lounge service $100 a head. We used it, and both applications were accepted - new forms filled/documents uploaded, new photos taken, courier option included.

STAFF - Most of them, including the one dealing with us - faaaar more pleasant to deal with, and giving options to solve situations as compared to Gillingham Brampton folks.

PARKING - Several street (paid) parking spots with reasonable rates considering it is Toronto, and if you compare it to say any hospital!! Apart from this a lot of 1 hour FREE parking spots too. You'll find almost all empty if you have an early morning appointment.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Pl excuse the detailed post! Experience during our OCI visit today - Toronto office, spouse and minor application

Which date to use as application date for a family member who's already applied for OCI -
Brampton office rejected my applications asking me to enter date of visiting BLS, and not date of online application. I had gone with multiple applications - to use the one that suits them. I BY MISTAKE gave them the application which had my OCI online application date! Toronto office accepted it. So, this isn't quite a "process requirement" but a staff specific thing.

Marriage certificate for minor child - The option to upload a marriage certificate says is only for married adults, so I just took it with me since it is also needed for a child's parents. Brampton had accepted it (just like SC etc. which don't have a separate field to upload, but have to be taken along). Toronto rejected saying this has to be uploaded too ($18 if they do it)!!

Wife's maiden name - IN passport renewals, CA PR, CA citizenship, US visa, IN passport surrender - in everything I mentioned she had a diff surname before marriage, and attached an affidavit + marriage certificate. Brampton BLS had no issue in this, Toronto rejected saying they need a document with her previous name, or I shouldn't mention she has had a previous surname at all (they said either you spend $80 - 90 on a fresh afffidavit or they can do it for $100 - by stating she's always had this name)!!

Pickup option - Toronto allows it (but make it extremely difficult, first come first served in a 1 hour window Mon - Fri), if you make a story around not being available etc. etc.

RAMBAAN - Premium lounge service $100 a head. We used it, and both applications were accepted - new forms filled/documents uploaded, new photos taken, courier option included.

STAFF - Most of them, including the one dealing with us - faaaar more pleasant to deal with, and giving options to solve situations as compared to Gillingham Brampton folks.

PARKING - Several street (paid) parking spots with reasonable rates considering it is Toronto, and if you compare it to say any hospital!! Apart from this a lot of 1 hour FREE parking spots too. You'll find almost all empty if you have an early morning appointment.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Go home, relax, Ab Dilli door nahin hain ;)
dilli door nahi, but nai dilli bhee hai! elder child's (adult) OCI aptt later in April. hopefully is sab se simple hona chahiye - parents ka and unke documents ka angle nahi hai.
uske baad when we all cross the 2 milestones - new passport issued after crossing 20 / after crossing 50 - then whatever additional running around.

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Same here,
Timeline:
OCI - Single applicant (Markham)
Application Date (Postal)14-02-2024
14-02-2024: BLS Website:: Your OCI application has received at our BLS Postal Brampton Center on 14-02-2024
20-02-2024: BLS Website: underprocess, CANTXXX number assigned.
21-02-2024: BLS Website: Processing at Consulate General
05-03-2024: OCI Website: Date Of Acknowledgment: 05-MAR-2024
27-03-2024: OCI Website: Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 27-MAR-2024
28-03-2024: OCI Website: Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 28-MAR-2024
14-04-2024: BLS Website: (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)
15-04-2024: OCI Website: Document received At TORONTO On 15-Apr-2024
Awaiting further details as we choose Purolator courier delivery. The call is not going through via their call center, sent an email.
Purolator tracking via CANTXX wont show anything as well (Invalid data)
Received the OCI today. Many thanks to all!

kayvar

Jan 7, 2017
Hello, would Vancouver or Surrey BLS accept if we book appointment for Attestation and appear for OCI? I am not able to get any appointment for OCI since a month or so.

Last edited:

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hello, would BLS accept if we book appointment for Attestation and appear for OCI? I am not able to get any appointment for OCI since a month or so.
Brampton and Toronto - i've been to both. they double check the type of appointment at entry and at the counter....so i assume others too would be doing this to intercept people trying to beat the system.

Last edited:
Reactions: kayvar

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
dilli door nahi, but nai dilli bhee hai! elder child's (adult) OCI aptt later in April. hopefully is sab se simple hona chahiye - parents ka and unke documents ka angle nahi hai.
uske baad when we all cross the 2 milestones - new passport issued after crossing 20 / after crossing 50 - then whatever additional running around.
Ishi baat pe ek share arz hain... tawajo farmayein

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

Tarakeshwar

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-12-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
I am sorry, but who is deleting the data from OCI applications timeline spreadsheet? I entered one for me, my wife and my toddler son as separate rows since we all submitted independently. My wife's and son's data has been deleted.

BTW, my wife's OCI has been received in Toronto (18-Apr). dispatched on 2-Apr. Looks like there is a new average time from dispatch to receiving- 16 days. Earlier it used to be 8-9 days..

Last edited:

Tarakeshwar

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-12-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
no running around after 50.. it is only online upload of photo and new passport. For above 20, sure, you need to deal with someone ..hopefully India gets a bit more richer than this, prioritizes experience and chucks out BLS.

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!