I am an Immigration Consultant. RCIC
for First application of Minor OCI -
Date Of Acknowledgment13-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberXXXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn03-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn03-NOV-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn03-NOV-2023
BLS Document Dispatched : 7th November and tracking on Purolator scheduled to receive today - 8th Nov, 2023.

For 2nd Minor _

OCI- NumberxxxXXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn06-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn06-NOV-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn06-NOV-2023

BLS showing -

Application Status
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

Still not sure if they will be sending 2nd application soon. As I am booked to fly on 15th Nov

aakashp

Nov 3, 2023
Hi Everyone,

My OCI got processed yesterday on oci website. The latest status on BLS site is Processing at Consulate General. My flight is on Nov 13. When can I go to BLS to request them for OCI pickup?

rbkg

Nov 20, 2018
Hi everyone,

What is your nationality if you have dual citizenship?

I was born in USA and currently live in Canada and have citizenship for both the countries. I am applying for OCI and not sure what to put under nationality.
Hi,

In my case, my son is minor. He was born in states and lives with us in Canada. We became Canadian citizens this July.

My son is now a dual citizen. We applied for his OCI last month, Oct 04 at BLS Brampton, and got acknowledged on Oct 25 (under-process).

To answer your question, I mentioned my son's place of birth according to Canadian passport; and nationality as Canadian (since we are currently staying in Canada). There will be question asked in Part B of OCI application asking "whether holding dual citizenship". I said YES, and gave my sons US passport number.

Also, advising you to have your birth certificate apostilled from respective US secretary of state clerks since your applying for OCI from Canada.

Experts - Please comment if I've mentioned anything wrong.

Thanks and Good luck to you!

Reactions: fang21 and eas2lv

aravindguruswamy

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Congrats!!
one doubt: Is date of acknowledgement, when BLS starts processing or when consulate started it?

thanks

for First application of Minor OCI -
OCI- NumberXXXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn03-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn03-NOV-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn03-NOV-2023
BLS Document Dispatched : 7th November and tracking on Purolator scheduled to receive today - 8th Nov, 2023.

For 2nd Minor _

OCI- NumberxxxXXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn06-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn06-NOV-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn06-NOV-2023

BLS showing -

Application Status

Still not sure if they will be sending 2nd application soon. As I am booked to fly on 15th Nov

Ninisha

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
My Appl date is Oct 18. Bls says Proc at CG. OCI tracker says 'No Records found'. Wondering when i will get ack? also, after i enter passport number and CANT number and Captcha, when i hit Enter, the split second after that, i see the passport number change to something like 'IZK...' and then it says at bottom 'No Records found'. Anyone else see this?
It is taking around 25-30 days to get acknowledgement nowadays.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Hi Everyone,

My OCI got processed yesterday on oci website. The latest status on BLS site is Processing at Consulate General. My flight is on Nov 13. When can I go to BLS to request them for OCI pickup?
Go to BLS today at 3pm with copy of your ticket and request to pickup. If they say not delivered yet, keep trying. I think they should have it today or max tomorrow.

somak2001

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Got an update on the BLS tracker. Though the status didn't change, they updated the tracking number in the Additional Information section.

p.s. can't believe the tracker really says INFOMATION :D (R missing)

Application Status
Additional Infomation
#CommentsOn
1 6086510xxxx 2023-11-08 05:45:00

Reactions: RedWhiteRed