+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My 2 cents (and I don't want to offend anyone)

This is a group for OCI applications/queries but recently we are seeing too many comments and queries for Entry Visa. I do understand that GOI made some unwanted changes to the processing of temporary-permits/visas and people had to take the OCI route as this was the only option available, and this brought a lot of people to this thread. I would kindly request everyone to discuss the Entry Visa (or any other visa) related stuff on another relevant thread and keep this thread just for the OCI applicants.

PS: My OCI got processed yesterday and this will not affect me. I'm just trying to make things easier for the future OCI applicants and the applicants who are waiting for updates on their current OCI application. Personally, I wouldn't want to read through multiple comments to find one comment that's actually relevant for OCI applications/process.
Created a separate thread - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/entry-visa-india.825706/

mangomadness

Oct 27, 2023
Hello Friends,

Applied for OCI for a minor at BLS Toronto on September 29th with date of acknowledgment on October 16, anyone with similar dates? There is so much misinformation on timeline as some BLS reps say 6-8 weeks and others say 10-12 weeks. Based on the timelines mentioned already, it seems like Oct 5th acknowledgement dates are slowly being processed, which would put a tentative processing date sometime in the week of Nov 6th for Oct 16 acknowledgement dates. Thoughts? I have a travel date of Nov 18th so hoping it comes before then.

Application Date29-SEPT-2023
Date Of Acknowledgment16-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

@eas2lv can you update tracker ? I didn't see many people apply in the week of September 29th!

KiranG80

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
@eas2lv i have an appointment for entry visa on Nov/2 at Toronto… debating if I should apply and take the risk of maybe PP stuck at consulate while we receive OCI as per trend in Nov/15 week…. I read somewhere if for any reason PP is still with consulate, we can petition for it to be returned with 48 hrs notice… is this reliable information… what’s your thought ?
Yes. There's withdrawal application and you can collect it. I asked that at the Surrey BLS counter before submitting my passport.

Reactions: Saps

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
@eas2lv Any idea what does it mean when there is comment at the bottom with Purolator tracking number on BLS status tracker? Status is still "Processing at Consulate General" though.
This could indicate the document is ready for dispatch. If Purolator does not show it yet, you may still be in luck and could pickup from BLS.
BLS status is not always reliable and several people have faced missing updates for "Counter delivery.." or "ready for dispatch.." or no tracking number even after dispatched.
The rest is opinionated, but I'll still say it:
Its quite possible that BLS had your OCI yesterday when they sent you away. Or they received it this morning but failed to update status. In my experience, their work ethics is poor, and not always do what they claim to have done -- like really checked your document was in or not or really put a hold on your courier when you requested etc. Also when they say things like it will take 2-3 weeks after "processed", its just BS. Do not fall for it, and request to talk to a knowledgeable agent or to a supervisor. There are good people in there who are helpful and knows their work.

KiranG80

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
I have my oath in a few days and then travelling to India a week after that.

Has anyone tried travelling from Canada to India on Indian passport and then exiting India to USA using the Indian passport too.

This way, you enter and exit India on Indian passport.

You can then use Canadian passport to cross from USA to Canada?

Are there any concerns with this if done within the 90 day grace window?
Better advance your oath. You will be cutting your PR card. There's no big advantage of having Canadian passport in this fiasco and rescheduling oath is easy. It will happen anyway.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
My 2 cents (and I don't want to offend anyone)

This is a group for OCI applications/queries but recently we are seeing too many comments and queries for Entry Visa. I do understand that GOI made some unwanted changes to the processing of temporary-permits/visas and people had to take the OCI route as this was the only option available, and this brought a lot of people to this thread. I would kindly request everyone to discuss the Entry Visa (or any other visa) related stuff on another relevant thread and keep this thread just for the OCI applicants.

PS: My OCI got processed yesterday and this will not affect me. I'm just trying to make things easier for the future OCI applicants and the applicants who are waiting for updates on their current OCI application. Personally, I wouldn't want to read through multiple comments to find one comment that's actually relevant for OCI applications/process.
This is a passing phase necessitated by some extraordinary events. Most entry-visa discussions here are also intimately related to their OCi application as people with imminent travel date are scrambling to find a way to travel and unsure whether entry visa or waiitng for OCI is their best bet etc. This will peter out in a couple of weeks. Then those "applying for OCI with no travel plans" guys can have their peace.
Not saying a separate thread for entry visa is not a good idea -- just asking for some tolerance.
This thread had only 1000 pages from 2014 until September 21, 2023. It has added 200 pages of OCI discussions (about 3500 posts or 20% of all) in one month --- These are not normal times.

Last edited:

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
This is a passing phase necessitated by some extraordinary events. Most entry-visa discussions here are also intimately related to their OCi application as people with imminent travel date are scrambling to find a way to travel and unsure whether entry visa or waiitng for OCI is their best bet etc. This will perter out in a couple of weeks. Then those "applying for OCI with no travel plans" guys can have their peace.
Not saying a separate thread for entry visa is not a good idea -- just asking for some tolerance.
This thread had only 1000 pages from 2014 until September 21, 2023. It has added 200 pages of OCI discussions (about 3500 posts or 20% of all) in one month --- These are not normal times.
I totally agree with Eas2lv. Having a separate thread for ENTRY visa is just going to complicate things. The topic of entry and OCI is intertwined given the unique circumstances we are all going through. I personally do not want to have to shift two spearate pages to know if Ruchiawalia got her entry visa or OCI and if she is able to make it to the marriage on time or not. I want both topics to be on the same forum. Others, please chime in

Hemusharma51

May 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
My Entry Visa application status on Oct 31, 2023
BLS Website- Under Process in Transit from BLS to Consulate
Visa Website- UnderProcess
Update !!!

My Entry Visa application status on Oct 31, 2023
BLS Website- Processing at Consulate General
Visa Website- Under Process

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
I totally agree with Eas2lv. Having a separate thread for ENTRY visa is just going to complicate things. The topic of entry and OCI is intertwined given the unique circumstances we are all going through. I personally do not want to have to shift two spearate pages to know if Ruchiawalia got her entry visa or OCI and if she is able to make it to the marriage on time or not. I want both topics to be on the same forum. Others, please chime in
I'd second this!