Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Good Evening any update on OCI website for application date Oct 06,2023?

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
When originals are retained by BLS/Consulate its indeed scary. Long ago when my spouse applied for OCI they used to ask for a whole lot of docs in originals and retain them at the Consulate for 2-3 weeks. We had a few sleepless weeks. OCI application process has got simplified a lot since then.
Yes. BLS is getting better. I thought I could post the entry visa application tomorrow. But one BLS representative on the phone said to go ahead and make a money order. but when I called again the other representative said wait the fees might change. So I will wait till tomorrow. I highly doubt it will change but better late than sorry.

Reactions: eas2lv

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Yes. BLS is getting better. I thought I could post the entry visa application tomorrow. But one BLS representative on the phone said to go ahead and make a money order. but when I called again the other representative said wait the fees might change. So I will wait till tomorrow. I highly doubt it will change but better late than sorry.
really! did they say how much time for processing?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Not sure about BLS getting better part. The Consulate delegated the task of verifying originals to them which was a good move, but BLS has become much more devious than the past in my experience. They used to be bureaucratic in the past and often asked for more documents than you have at hand, now they give you an option to work around their objections by paying. So, sure, they have learned how to be profitable.

Reactions: Nick92

Nick92

Oct 20, 2023
@eas2lv based on the timelines followed in the tracker ( Toronto jurisdiction) do you think there should be update tonight or in the morning for Oct 5th ack folks?btw You have been awesome giving clarity to most of enquires in this thread. Thank you !

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
@eas2lv based on the timelines followed in the tracker ( Toronto jurisdiction) do you think there should be update tonight or in the morning for Oct 5th ack folks?btw You have been awesome giving clarity to most of enquires in this thread. Thank you !
afaict, all updates are triggered by actions by the local office responsible for the application (the consulate in our case). So, tomorrow, hopefully.

Reactions: Neelu123 and Nick92

Hemusharma51

May 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Do we need to submit the original passport with the application

Hemusharma51

May 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Not sure about BLS getting better part. The Consulate delegated the task of verifying originals to them which was a good move, but BLS has become much more devious than the past in my experience. They used to be bureaucratic in the past and often asked for more documents than you have at hand, now they give you an option to work around their objections by paying. So, sure, they have learned how to be profitable.
I also filled the application for Entry visa now i booked appointment with BLS on monday to submit my application
Is this right process or it is better to send throigh postal?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I also filled the application for Entry visa now i booked appointment with BLS on monday to submit my application
In person, if you have an appt. on Monday. Recent times BLS has been very slow in opening postal applications.

time1976

Oct 17, 2023
****Longish post alert****

Folks, trying to make sense of what is happening with our OCI applications. Maybe someone more knowledgeable could help. Below is our timeline
1. Brampton BLS, postal application submitted on Oct 2nd
2. Application status changed to 'Under Process' on the OCI portal on 19th Oct (20th for my spouse)
3. Today I checked my application status on BLS portal. It says: 'Original Documents dispatched by courier'. (both of us)
4. I checked Purolator, and they have actually sent something and the package is to be delivered tomorrow. (both of us)
5. Application status on the OCI website still says 'Under Process' (both of us)

Million dollar question I have is: What exactly has BLS dispatched? I didn't submit a single original document, except for 2 photos. Could they be sending those photos back? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Any guesses?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
****Longish post alert****

Folks, trying to make sense of what is happening with our OCI applications. Maybe someone more knowledgeable could help. Below is our timeline
1. Brampton BLS, postal application submitted on Oct 2nd
2. Application status changed to 'Under Process' on the OCI portal on 19th Oct (20th for my spouse)
3. Today I checked my application status on BLS portal. It says: 'Original Documents dispatched by courier'. (both of us)
4. I checked Purolator, and they have actually sent something and the package is to be delivered tomorrow. (both of us)
5. Application status on the OCI website still says 'Under Process' (both of us)

Million dollar question I have is: What exactly has BLS dispatched? I didn't submit a single original document, except for 2 photos. Could they be sending those photos back? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Any guesses?
Being a postal application, did you pay for courier to return originals in addition to the courier for OCI? If so, they may be sending you an empty packet? Anyway, you will know tomorrow.

time1976

Oct 17, 2023
Being a postal application, did you pay for courier to return originals in addition to the courier for OCI? If so, they may be sending you an empty packet? Anyway, you will know tomorrow.
I didn't, I paid around $90 I believe. 30 for sending our applications together and 60 (30 each) for them to return our OCIs. I'm really curious what's going on. Will have to wait until tomorrow

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
How did you get appointment for Monday?
Which bls center has oci appointments open?