+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ksr070

Oct 17, 2023
Currently Acknowledgment date till 18-Aug-2023 have been processed. We don't have a lot of data points but people have received OCI between 8.5 - 10.5 weeks from date of acknowledgement.

Hi, any estimates on timeline to receive OCI (applied in Ottawa, for minor born in Canada, parents on Indian Passport)

Applied For: 5 month old Minor
Application Date: 18-Aug-2023
Applied at: BLS OTTAWA
Application Acknowledgment Date: 23-Aug-2023 (in OCI online)

Status update (as on 17/10/23)
BLS website: "Processing at High Commission"
Oci Online website: Under Process

Planned date of Travel is 2nd November. Wonder if I need to postpone my tickets :( !

Update on (19/10/2022) :
Status is now updated as follows:

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn19-OCT-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtOTTAWAOn

Can someone provide any guideline on when it would be ready for pickup at BLS Ottawa ?

Ranbir.meet

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,
looking for some information, I have applied for minor OCI postal application, received at BLS Surrey on 10th, but there is still no status update on the BLS website, Any Idea how long its gonna take to update, Tickets are booked for 15 December. Please Reply
Hello there,
Did you receive any updates?
Can you share your date of submission of the application?

Ranbir.meet

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hello,
I submitted my newborn baby’s application using postal method to BLS Surrey on September 26,2023.There is no update on the application yet.I checked on both OCI website status and BLS tracking it shows no such record found.
I am just wondering what does it mean?

ravtaqdeer

Oct 14, 2023
I'm looking at the Toronto tracker and I see that so far only 2 applications with application date in Oct have received acknowledgement. Is this accurate, or have folks stopped updating this file? I realize it is a very small subset of the total applications, but still this is a good indicator (I assume) of the general trend. Not sure when Oct folks should receive acknowledgement as I'm in the same boat (Oct 2). No updates yet
I am also in same boat
Application date 3 oct
Status -processing at consulate general
Waiting for ack
Any idea when it will come??

farooq.ind

Nov 9, 2021
My youngest daughter had held her OCI for 2 years before we applied, hence I marked yes to this question.

However, I would suggest that you mark no, since you have not received your OCI, and there are only two options, neither of which are applicable to you.
Thank you so much

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I am also in same boat
Application date 3 oct
Status -processing at consulate general
Waiting for ack
Any idea when it will come??
Better come today. You are my hope as mine is a day after you. Good luck.

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
Timeline for SC
Walkin application at BLS Ottawa - Aug 26
Received SC - Oct 18

Is BLS ottawa accepting walkins for OCI application? we have an appointment for Nov 22 as we didn’t expect SC anytime soon looking at others timelines.

It would be amazing if we could drop our application sooner than Nov 22

oci applicant

Oct 17, 2023
There is not a whole lot of known cases here with parents in common-law relationship. There have been some posts in the past where people asked about this but nobody seems to have followed up with their experiences. You could try using the enquiry service at BLS office (walk-in after 3pm) and talk to a BLS agent in person. They are not always very knowledgeable or helpful, but that is the first thing to try. Its unlikely to get a response from the sampark portal within a day. Call the consulate instead. Though its hard to get through, the consulate does respond to phone calls.

oci applicant

Oct 17, 2023
There is not a whole lot of known cases here with parents in common-law relationship. There have been some posts in the past where people asked about this but nobody seems to have followed up with their experiences. You could try using the enquiry service at BLS office (walk-in after 3pm) and talk to a BLS agent in person. They are not always very knowledgeable or helpful, but that is the first thing to try. Its unlikely to get a response from the sampark portal within a day. Call the consulate instead. Though its hard to get through, the consulate does respond to phone calls.
Thank you for replying to. my question. i called bls office they asked me to submit sampark inquiry and let them deal with this situation. I did got reply from them(consulate , sampark) yesterday afternoon asking to send all the necessary documents to the email they provided for further review. I am not sure why they asked the documents instead let me know if this is doable or not. I have send the documents to the email , how ever the postal service is coming in for the pick up today. i am thinking to send application with all necessary documents and by the time they process start i can hear back from consulate.... do you think its good idea?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Thank you for replying to. my question. i called bls office they asked me to submit sampark inquiry and let them deal with this situation. I did got reply from them(consulate , sampark) yesterday afternoon asking to send all the necessary documents to the email they provided for further review. I am not sure why they asked the documents instead let me know if this is doable or not. I have send the documents to the email , how ever the postal service is coming in for the pick up today. i am thinking to send application with all necessary documents and by the time they process start i can hear back from consulate.... do you think its good idea?
I think your should wait to hear back from the consulate as this kind of situations may be handed in a case by case basis. Otherwise you have a high chance of getting application returned by BLS and waste time and money on courier. When you finaly apply, include the comunication with consulate so that BLS will know how to process it.
You maybe able to call purolator and reschedule the pickup to a later date.