Nov 14, 2016
minor OCI Application Date: Sep 05, 2023 at Toronto
Ack Date : Sep 21, 2023
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 12-OCT-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI On 12-OCT-2023
Document received At TORONTO On 12-OCT-2023

status on BLS: on 14 Oct 2023

Application Status
(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)

vancouver-pl

Nov 4, 2022
Date Of Acknowledgment13-SEP-2023
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS
its been 30 days since acknowledgement. :( nothing seems to be moving so far. Is anyone else from Vancouver mission in the same boat? i am supposed to fly in first week of november. Should I get my tickets cancelled?
Mine is 15 Sep Ack. My best guess is that you will receive it this week.

Reactions: Mohitashv

ranjeeth87

Aug 19, 2015
Does place of birth entered like below make any difference?

PoB in CanPP: XXX, IND
PoB in Indian PP: XXX, <state>

PoB on online OCI form is typed like below:
City: XXX (this is manually typed)
State: <state> (This is from drop-down menu)

I see some people saying city name should have been typed as “XXX, IND” like in Canadian PP, and not just as “XXX” even though real world name of the city is “XXX” itself.
Some people got their postal application package returned because of just entering “XXX”.
I did BLS walk-in application. They had verified everything and did not object anything. Now application “under process” in Toronto consulate. Any chance consulate will return the application?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
@forw.jane - can you please share the latest tracker? Seems like a few of the Ottawa applicants got some updates.
I feel @sasharma25 application would be processed but din't see any update for that.

NameDate of AcknowledgementProcessed dateOCI received dateTotal processing time
truthbetold21-JUL-202303-Oct-202310 weeks 4 days
samdevban1-AUG-202327-Sep-202305-Oct-20239 weeks 2 days
reenal14-AUG-20236-Oct-202313-Oct-20238 weeks 4 days
@sasharma2516-AUG-2023
@rizwan23arif16-AUG-202312-Oct-2023
@myindia17-AUG-202313-Oct-2023
@VimalSagar18-AUG-2023
@Shinda54522-AUG-2023
@bulls2323-AUG-2023
@forw.jane1-SEP-2023
@GagzV11-SEP-2023
@anksyahoo16-SEP-2023
@ankurbhatia1728-SEP-2023
@Sammzk13-OCT-2023

Last edited:

Srikanth99

Feb 24, 2022
Hello everyone,

I included the marriage registration date (as stated on the certificate) in the marriage registration section of my OCI application. However, I've heard from others that it should be the actual marriage date, not the registration date.

Additionally, I forgot to include the date when signing and writing the place on the declaration form. Could these mistakes potentially impact my application?

Thank you in advance for your assistance

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I included the marriage registration date (as stated on the certificate) in the marriage registration section of my OCI application. However, I've heard from others that it should be the actual marriage date, not the registration date.

Additionally, I forgot to include the date when signing and writing the place on the declaration form. Could these mistakes potentially impact my application?

Thank you in advance for your assistance
Did you do postal application?
In-person they seem to be playing with these dates to make money.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Does place of birth entered like below make any difference?

PoB in CanPP: XXX, IND
PoB in Indian PP: XXX, <state>

PoB on online OCI form is typed like below:
City: XXX (this is manually typed)
State: <state> (This is from drop-down menu)

I see some people saying city name should have been typed as “XXX, IND” like in Canadian PP, and not just as “XXX” even though real world name of the city is “XXX” itself.
Some people got their postal application package returned because of just entering “XXX”.
I did BLS walk-in application. They had verified everything and did not object anything. Now application “under process” in Toronto consulate. Any chance consulate will return the application?
In the form type just the city name XXX not XXX, IND. When the form is printed (pdf) it will show up as XXX, STATE, INDIA. Where did you read the suggestion to write XXX IND as the city -- if you do that the printout will show XXX IND, STATE, INDIA and BLS will very likely return it.

Anyway you already got Ack which means the consulate found the application particulars to be in order and matching originals.

As long as the city matches between Canadian and Indian passports there should be no problem --- going by numerous posts in this thread discussing this very same issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: ranjeeth87

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I submitted it in person at BLS Brampton, and while she verified it, I'm not sure if she accidentally overlooked it or intentionally processed it
Marriage date question was asked many times in the forum and people who have done either of it have successfully got there OCI. So I am not sure what is the right answer for it. As it said registration date, I went for registration date which is different than the marriage date. In-person Ottawa submission.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Marriage date question was asked many times in the forum and people who have done either of it have successfully got there OCI. So I am not sure what is the right answer for it. As it said registration date, I went for registration date which is different than the marriage date. In-person Ottawa submission.
At least in Canadian marriage certificate there are two dates: the actual marriage date and registration date referring to when the certificate was issued. I interpreted the entry in OCI application to mean the marriage date as in the marriage certificate though the form uses the term "registration date". BLS didn't check it and I doubt the consulate will care either.
For applications on spousal basis details in marriage certificate may matter, for others its just another superfluous information they ask for.

ranjeeth87

Aug 19, 2015
In the form type just the city name XXX not XXX, IND. When the form is printed (pdf) it will show up as XXX, STATE, INDIA. Where did you read the suggestion to write XXX IND as the city -- if you do that the printout will show XXX IND, STATE, INDIA and BLS will very likely return it.

Anyway you already got Ack which means the consulate found the application particulars to be in order and matching originals.

As long as the city matches between Canadian and Indian passports there should be no problem --- going by numerous posts in this thread discussing this very same issue.
Yes, that (pdf printed as XXX, IND, State, India) exactly was my thought, and had gone through previous post about not writing city as “XXX, IND” but just as “XXX”. I read about return or postal package because of city name on Facebook post. 3 different users have documented about return of packages.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
At least in Canadian marriage certificate there are two dates: the actual marriage date and registration date referring to when the certificate was issued. I interpreted the entry in OCI application to mean the marriage date as in the marriage certificate though the form uses the term "registration date". BLS didn't check it and I doubt the consulate will care either.
For applications on spousal basis details in marriage certificate may matter, for others its just another superfluous information they ask for.
It's the same for my Indian one too. It says registered on X date and marriage was performed on Y date. Because of the common word "register" in both I went with X date.

Same I interpreted as I am asking for OCI on self basis and all other info is good to know for them.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes, that (pdf printed as XXX, IND, State, India) exactly was my thought, and had gone through previous post about not writing city as “XXX, IND” but just as “XXX”. I read about return or postal package because of city name on Facebook post. 3 different users have documented about return of packages.
People are messing with place of birth in Canadian passport. They are adding totally new district names(based on recent changes), removing town name or district name etc. All these are adding extra complications with respect to additional affidavit and all.

I am also seeing a lot of issues with Given name(XXX n all) too. Not sure why that is happening but creating complication for OCI application.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Writing "XXX, IND" in the OCI form is not even a possibility as comma is not an acceptable character for that field. Also Canadian passport usually does not have a comma before the three-letter ISO country code.
Anyway, if the facebook posts are real, this is just another BLS nonsense. CGI Toronto has a sample OCI form where the place of birth is displayed as "DELHI", not "DELHI IND" while Canadian passport will include the country code.
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/docs/1617812881Step-wise-process-for-OCI-application-new.pdf pg 4
I tend to take anonymous facebook posts with a pinch of salt -- they may not be telling the whole story.

Last edited: