Applied on - 29 Aug
Acknowledged on - Sept 01
Processed on - Oct 07
Dispatched from MEA - Oct 07
Received at Vancouver - Oct 07
Counter delivery to BLS after stamping - Oct 10
Picked up OCI from BLS EDMONTON
THANK YOU ALL AND GOOD LUCK.

Flight on 15 OCT, it was tense situation considering flight departure date.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Add 20 days to your acknowledgment. This is when your consulate should get auto approval if no comment or clearance note by security firm on your file.
Assuming no issues with your file you can try if consulate can print and give you OCI on priority after this 20 days.

I would say now itself you go and meet them in person to request and see how they can help after 20 days period. Show them your travel tickets and marriage card as proof.
Don’t know if any of this will help but I hope it does and no harm in trying.

Below is the link which mentions this 20 days rule.
https://www.mha.gov.in/PDF_Other/BROCHURE_OCI_25042017.pdf
Just to clarify it for @RuchiWalia I'm not a clone of @niswe though I gave you exactly the same advice. Just a coincidence. if two people are saying the same, probably its worth a try :) Good luck.

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
Just to clarify it for @RuchiWalia I'm not a clone of @niswe though I gave you exactly the same advice. Just a coincidence. if two people are saying the same, probably its worth a try :) Good luck.
Thanks.. But now the issue is I will have to go to Vancouver to request same as I dont think in Edmonton there is any consulate where I can go right? Also can I just walk in or will need appointment?

steveD

Dec 4, 2012
I wonder why would one have to wait all night or even few hours, where it is quite easy to book appointment in advance all one has to do ia plan for few weeks in advance.
No Appointments are available in GTA for next two months. October is all booked months ago.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
To pick-up spouse OCI from BLS do we need letter of authorization?
A letter of authorization would be easier than proving that you are the spouse isn't it? As per BLS FAQ you would need receipt copy, authorization letter and ID -- from memory, I do not see that FAQ item now though.

Last edited:

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
I dont know who but someone in group said they applied for evisa on 19th n status shows processed, does that mean evisa is processed n may b sent in mail n its just that download is not available? I m so sorry if asking same question bt wondering if it is correct as my evisa status also says processed

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
A letter of authorization would be easier than proving that you are the spouse isn't it? As per BLS FAQ you would need receipt copy, authorization letter and ID -- from memory, I do not see that FAQ item now through.
I can take marriage certificate as well as Indian passport has my name too for proof. Same couldn't find it, remembered from PCC visit that the BLS needed authorization letter, thought same would be the case for OCI.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
I dont know who but someone in group said they applied for evisa on 19th n status shows processed, does that mean evisa is processed n may b sent in mail n its just that download is not available? I m so sorry if asking same question bt wondering if it is correct as my evisa status also says processed
Person who wrote processed was checking under wrong link which is https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/StatusEnquiry

Even you can try on this page and it would say processed.

Though if you pay attention on same page, you can see an option which says Advanced search for e-visa only. This one can provide the actual status. Unfortunately one of the required item to check the status is your nationality and Canada has been removed from the list. So you can’t even check your e visa status.

I know since I tried all possible ways to check the status as my application for eVisa is pending too.

Reactions: RuchiWalia

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Reactions: forw.jane

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
Person who wrote processed was checking under wrong link which is https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/StatusEnquiry

Even you can try on this page and it would say processed.

Though if you pay attention on same page, you can see an option which says Advanced search for e-visa only. This one can provide the actual status. Unfortunately one of the required item to check the status is your nationality and Canada has been removed from the list. So you can’t even check your e visa status.

I know since I tried all possible ways to check the status as my application for eVisa is pending too.
Oh ya sorry for repeating quest

My only hope now is they restore evisa atleast

ps422

Oct 13, 2023
Hi! I mailed in my postal OCI application on Oct 10th. It reaches Brampton BLS on Oct 11th. No updates on their website. It still says no file found. My flight is booked for Dec 10th. Should I think about postponing my trip? Thanks

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
i’m
Hi! I mailed in my postal OCI application on Oct 10th. It reaches Brampton BLS on Oct 11th. No updates on their website. It still says no file found. My flight is booked for Dec 10th. Should I think about postponing my trip? Thanks
I think No but you could have an idea from Acknowledgment date. I am about to submit my application on 19th Oct and my flight is booked on 5th, I am not postponing at the moment.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
No. I applied on Oct 4th and have to fly out on Dec 2, I'm not postponing -- at least not yet. Yours is a bit more tight but there is still some room to accommodate delay by a week or two compared to current expectations. See my Toronto tracker for other's processing times (link below).

That said, do look into re-booking options and ticket availability to hatch a plan B, in case.

Last edited:

tetalks

Star Member
Sep 5, 2022
I plan to apply for OCI at BLS Montreal sometime next week (walk-in). Is it as busy as Brampton that one has to wait from the night before?
Please advise. Btw, no appointments till mid November.