+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

bbqfriday

Sep 25, 2023
Signing off. Thank you everyone for all your updates. It's a really nice looking booklet and I'm glad to have it now ;)

My timeline:

Date Of Acknowledgment25-AUG-2023
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
Submission at BLS23-AUG-2023
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn28-SEP-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn28-SEP-2023
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn28-SEP-2023
Document Dispatched from BLS (Purolator)3-OCT-2023
Document received at home (Purolator)4-OCT-2023

Mazallstar

Jun 5, 2017
No Change in status yet, still waiting for an update

Date Of Acknowledgment14-SEP-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

shlbatra

Aug 22, 2017
What is the fees for oci application. I see some places as 425 and other places as 345 for applying for OCI in Toronto.

VeenuInternational

Sep 18, 2017
Hi Everyone, i sent my oci application via postal 4 days ago under Vancouver Jurisdiction, but i think i have done a mistake in the name now when i read these threads here. My given name in cc passport is "XXX" but i left my surname as blank in OCI application. What do i do now? i dont want to wait as i think they will send it back to me.
  1. Should i get a new passport where they will leave my passport given name as blank
  2. or should i just get an affidavit from notary that i had a previous name as "XXX"
Please let me know as i am planning to leave in December.

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
We are applying OCI for our 4-month-old baby. My wife doesn't drive so she never applied for a driver's license. Her Ontario photo card has old address on it. Getting the updated Photo card would easily 4 - 6 weeks to deliver, so that's not an option. Our Rogers internet is in her name. Can I upload the Internet bill as her proof of address along with an explanation letter? I have the rest of the documents. It is just my wife's proof of address that's been bugging me all day. Secondly, we are planning to click passport photos ourselves and get them printed from Walmart but had a few questoins: - is it okay to do so ourselves or does it need to be from a professional photographer with their stamp on the back? - how many photos are needed?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
We are applying OCI for our 4-month-old baby. My wife doesn't drive so she never applied for a driver's license. Her Ontario photo card has old address on it. Getting the updated Photo card would easily 4 - 6 weeks to deliver, so that's not an option. Our Rogers internet is in her name. Can I upload the Internet bill as her proof of address along with an explanation letter? I have the rest of the documents. It is just my wife's proof of address that's been bugging me all day. Secondly, we are planning to click passport photos ourselves and get them printed from Walmart but had a few questoins: - is it okay to do so ourselves or does it need to be from a professional photographer with their stamp on the back? - how many photos are needed?
Utility bill like internet etc should be fine.
Get them clicked at Walmart and be done. It will be around $15 or so per person. Walmart will stamp it for yaa
One photo is needed

Reactions: Boviesam

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Everyone, i sent my oci application via postal 4 days ago under Vancouver Jurisdiction, but i think i have done a mistake in the name now when i read these threads here. My given name in cc passport is "XXX" but i left my surname as blank in OCI application. What do i do now? i dont want to wait as i think they will send it back to me.
  1. Should i get a new passport where they will leave my passport given name as blank
  2. or should i just get an affidavit from notary that i had a previous name as "XXX"
Please let me know as i am planning to leave in December.
If that does not match, BLS will send it back to you and you can re apply

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Utility bill like internet etc should be fine.
Get them clicked at Walmart and be done. It will be around $15 or so per person. Walmart will stamp it for yaa
One photo is needed
Thank you. However, walmart website states infant photos are not available for all categories. And i guess they also don't supply scanned copies.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you. However, walmart website states infant photos are not available for all categories. And i guess they also don't supply scanned copies.
they done provide soft copies, you can simply click the photo of the one you get printed from Walmart and upload it.
We got our photos clicked at BLS during surrender. The gave us 2 sets
One we used for Surrender. Other one we used for OCI. Clicked the digital one using our phone and uploaded the photo on the OCI portal