+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Shail2233

Oct 3, 2023
It means situation is under control ;)
(hindi main bole to: sthiti tanavpurn kintu niyantran main hain)
next step will be either "passport is ready for collection" or "Ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping"
Do you have any idea how many days it will take to delivered
I have flight on Oct 15
Thank you

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Do you have any idea how many days it will take to delivered
I have flight on Oct 15
Thank you
Based on my surrender application timeline, it should be dispatched by Purolator in a day or two and then 2 more days to get to you because that Purolator service that is with BLS is express.

Reactions: Shail2233

Hr2019

Jul 13, 2019
Submitted my surrender certificate application on Sep. 11th at BLS Montreal. Status still shows ‘Processing at High Commission’.
I hope to receive it soon so that I can submit my OCI application :/

vansh223212

Oct 3, 2023
Hello, I submitted my OCI application in the first week of September. Finally got a status update but unfortunately, they rejected it due to my father name missing a letter, silly typing mistake by me. :(

The status update shows this exact message (I get that I have to do the online form again but I cannot understand anything else):

• father’s name should be as per your indian passport. [ re-do the online application as per the passport] or provide their passport copy with same name as mentioned in application.] we are sending back the original documents: • 2 draft kindly attach checklist along with your application.refer bls website for new updates. remove all the stickers from the front of the passport as defacement of passport is not acceptable. handwritten and editable applications are not acceptable. you may complete your application and re-submit along with a copy of this letter &above-mentioned documents. you can submit your application in few minutes by using the below mentioned ‘self-help’ link on bls website, so that you can have your application picked up by purolator courier and submitted to bls and consulate. https://www.blsindia-canada.com/postalbls/pickup-and-drop.php once you have completed/corrected your application with correct documents & fees as mentioned on bls website, you need to pay for the pick-up and drop-off service by clicking on the above link. it would generate the purolator shipping label so that the documents can be picked as per your schedule date. alternatively; you may also choose to drop your application along with the shipping label, to any of the purolator retail outlet, to ensure delivery to the bls quarantined postal hub the very next day. from, bls canada postal team bls international services canada inc. (this is an auto-generated letter, does not require signature)

Anyone else in this situation? Please help me understand the process of resubmitting the application, do I have to do the entire application again?Do i have to pay the fees again?

Need some guidance, I am really panicking here.

GS gill

Apr 11, 2019
Hello, I submitted my OCI application in the first week of September. Finally got a status update but unfortunately, they rejected it due to my father name missing a letter, silly typing mistake by me. :(

The status update shows this exact message (I get that I have to do the online form again but I cannot understand anything else):

• father’s name should be as per your indian passport. [ re-do the online application as per the passport] or provide their passport copy with same name as mentioned in application.] we are sending back the original documents: • 2 draft kindly attach checklist along with your application.refer bls website for new updates. remove all the stickers from the front of the passport as defacement of passport is not acceptable. handwritten and editable applications are not acceptable. you may complete your application and re-submit along with a copy of this letter &above-mentioned documents. you can submit your application in few minutes by using the below mentioned ‘self-help’ link on bls website, so that you can have your application picked up by purolator courier and submitted to bls and consulate. https://www.blsindia-canada.com/postalbls/pickup-and-drop.php once you have completed/corrected your application with correct documents & fees as mentioned on bls website, you need to pay for the pick-up and drop-off service by clicking on the above link. it would generate the purolator shipping label so that the documents can be picked as per your schedule date. alternatively; you may also choose to drop your application along with the shipping label, to any of the purolator retail outlet, to ensure delivery to the bls quarantined postal hub the very next day. from, bls canada postal team bls international services canada inc. (this is an auto-generated letter, does not require signature)

Anyone else in this situation? Please help me understand the process of resubmitting the application, do I have to do the entire application again?Do i have to pay the fees again?

Did they reject it after processing at CG??

dhanadhan

Mar 22, 2022
New update on BLS site: Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping.
(Does this means it is ready for pickup)?
Status on OCI site remains same- document delivered to Ottawa
They took your original passport in? They didn't take mine. They took just the application with all copied documents. I submitted in person.

dhanadhan

Mar 22, 2022

Once again, I don't understand why people mail in their application. Why risk it when you can go in person? Yes, you have to invest some time and gas, but you won't have to worry about application getting rejected since they will check everything before taking it in. Not to mention fees for mailing it to BLS. Just go early and wait in the line or try to book an appointment at midnight. I know there are some times randomly some cancelled appointments become available.

Yes, you will have to fill in the entire application again with the correct details which will generate a new application ID. The father names must match what shows in the back of your Indian passport. Take the new application for submission to BLS with the same required documents.