+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI Process - New

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hello OCI Applicants

Please refer to the below information
Does this mean that we can directly go to BLS to collect the OCI Card [when arrived @ Toronto]?

NEW INFORMATION
Advisory to all the OCI/PIO Card holders: Regarding Visa Sticker
Henceforth there will be No 'U' visa sticker pasted on the passports of OCI cardholders. OCI cardholders are advised to carry the OCI Booklet and the valid passport, which is mentioned in the OCI Booklet to travel to India.
(As regards reissue of OCI card under miscellaneous service, kindly visit the MHA OCI brochure (http://mha1.nic.in/pdfs/oci-brochure.pdf )
The PIO cardholders may, however, carry the valid passport which is endorsed on the PIO card for travel to India or the old passport which endorsed on PIO card along with the new passport."
ALL OCI CARD APPLICANTS WHO HAD APPLIED FOR OCI CARDS ARE ADVISED TO PLEASE CHECK THEIR ONLINE STATUS AND IF STATUS SHOWS "OCI CARDS HAVE ARRIVED IN TORONTO", THE APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THEIR DOCUMENTS AS PER THE PICK UP INSTRUCTIONS MENTIONED IN THE ACKNOWLEGEMENT SLIP FOR COLLECTION OF THEIR CARDS FROM THE BLS AT THE EARLIEST. IF NOT COLLECTED WITHIN ONE MONTH OF CARD ARRIVAL, IT WOULD BE RETURNED FOR CANCELLATION."

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Re: OCI Process - New - Update

Hi

Visited the BLS Center @ Brampton and confirmed [BLS Call Center gave different versions]
Once you receive the Online status with OCI Document received @ Toronto, wait for 10 Business days [around 2 weeks], visit the BLS Center during pickup time [03:00 PM - 05:00 PM] with the requested documents [Receipt, Online Status print out, Canada Passport]
They will provide the OCI sticker on the spot [No stamping in the Passport, I think]

mehtapr

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Thanks, you saved me a trip. Also, don't have to wait for 10 days after it arrives in Toronto. I contacted the BLS call center and was able to confirm my OCI had reached Brampton (in less than 5 days after it reached toronto) and I was able to pick it up.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am having problems upload signature and picture online as part of filling part A in the OCI application.
Can someone help please.

satha73

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
If i am understanding it right no "u" sticker is pasted in the passport for both new and misc service applicants am i right?

kannadiga

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2011
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012
LANDED..........
22-03-2012 (Insha Allah)
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for OCI. I am having an issue. I am required to prepare a demand draft in favour of "The Consulate General Of India - Toronto". When I went to the bank to get a demand draft they said that the name is too long and cannot fit. They said the maximum they can print is "The Consulate General of India". I also went to Canada Post to check if the name fits on a money Order. They also said the same thing.

I Called BLS customer care. The agent said I can write "CGI Toronto". Since BLS is so famous I wanted to cross check and hence called two more times. This time the agents said there is no short form. It has to have the full name otherwise they won't accept. One guy even asked me to call the Consulate.

Did any of you had the same issue? what is the solution?

Thanks in advance.

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
kannadiga said:
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for OCI. I am having an issue. I am required to prepare a demand draft in favour of "The Consulate General Of India - Toronto". When I went to the bank to get a demand draft they said that the name is too long and cannot fit. They said the maximum they can print is "The Consulate General of India". I also went to Canada Post to check if the name fits on a money Order. They also said the same thing.

I Called BLS customer care. The agent said I can write "CGI Toronto". Since BLS is so famous I wanted to cross check and hence called two more times. This time the agents said there is no short form. It has to have the full name otherwise they won't accept. One guy even asked me to call the Consulate.

Did any of you had the same issue? what is the solution?

Thanks in advance.
Hi... Scotiabank is able to do the draft as required. I did it from there and they did it in one print. BLS gives different answers. Hence better not to rely on one phone call to them.

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
yahoo7 said:
I am having problems upload signature and picture online as part of filling part A in the OCI application.
Can someone help please.
Try this .. Worked for me

Upload all the documents and take the screenshots of the upload and print our the registration forms . This link is useful in reducing the size of the documents to upload.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/other-countries/wiki-how-to-create-a-pdf-file-to-upload-for-oci-application-t198732.html

You need to convert the jpeg into pdf format if you have them stored as jpg or jpeg. This link will help

http://smallpdf.com/jpg-to-pdf

All the best!!!

DilipJoshi

Jul 27, 2016
Please note that the courier fees paid originally ($35 something plus HST), includes courier delivery of the original documents, as well as courier delivery of the new OCI card to home address.

Also, to add, there is no need to return or cancel the old OCI card, as per the Customer Service. You can just keep it. Here are the dates from start to finish:

Submitted at BLS: - Jun 23, 2016
Acknowledgement Date - Jul 5, 2016
Processed (Delhi) - Jul 19, 2016
Dispatched (Delhi) - Jul 23, 2016
Received Toronto - Jul 29, 2016
Home (in Fedex) - Aug 2, 2016

So the entire process from date of submission to date updated document received at home is 6 weeks. From date of acknowledgement, it is only 4 weeks document would be in the hand, for any future readers of this thread.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Try this .. Worked for me

Upload all the documents and take the screenshots of the upload and print our the registration forms . This link is useful in reducing the size of the documents to upload.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/other-countries/wiki-how-to-create-a-pdf-file-to-upload-for-oci-application-t198732.html

You need to convert the jpeg into pdf format if you have them stored as jpg or jpeg. This link will help

http://smallpdf.com/jpg-to-pdf

All the best!!!
Thanks Bro.

swaroopsarkar

Oct 11, 2023
I submitted postal application via Purolator on Sept 4th 2023 (Toronto)
Date of ack on OCI website: Sept 22
Received original Canadian passport and citizenship certificate around Sept 26th. My current status shows “Under Process”
What does this mean and what happens next?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

JOJu321

Nov 10, 2023
My OCI ACK is OCT 14
status is under process- Vancouver CGI

Does anyone know when I might get it processed? my flight date is Nov 30. Should I apply for an entry visa