+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI card sent back to BSL since no one was home

bhargava.sg

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Hi,

We were in India when my daughter's OCI card was shipped to our home address in Canada. The card was returned to BLS Brampton and we are now back in Canada. I am not able to get in touch with the BLS folks over phone, Does anyone have any experience in a similar situation? What can we do to make them ship the card once more?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

We were in India when my daughter's OCI card was shipped to our home address in Canada. The card was returned to BLS Brampton and we are now back in Canada. I am not able to get in touch with the BLS folks over phone, Does anyone have any experience in a similar situation? What can we do to make them ship the card once more?
You can go between 3-4.30 pm(Mon - Fri) to pick it up from BLS.

bhargava.sg

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
We live an hour away from Branptom, will they ship it back? I have made a payment to ship the card again.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
We live an hour away from Branptom, will they ship it back? I have made a payment to ship the card again.
How did you make a payment to ship it again? The link doesn't work and you need to call BLS for any courier thing these days. I know you tried but if you don't want to travel to BLS office, calling is only option left.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Do a walk in and collect it between 3:00-4:30pm between Mon-Fri
If it adults OCI you can collect it for yourself and spouse, your spouse has to provide you with an authorization letter along with the receipt of payment

bhargava.sg

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
I applied through Brampton(Postal app). Will it be available at:
BLS International Services Canada INC.
Unit 403 40 Gillingham Dr.
Brampton ON. L6X 4X7

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I applied through Brampton(Postal app). Will it be available at:
BLS International Services Canada INC.
Unit 403 40 Gillingham Dr.
Brampton ON. L6X 4X7
Yes but only like I said between 3:00-4:30pm between Mon-Fri
No appointment required but try and be there early to avoid longer queues.
I have picked up SC and OCI before from here in Oct 2022 and Feb 2023 people queue from 1:45pm onwards

If you are picking up for minor BLS wants both parents to be present in person for pick up
If it adults OCI you can collect it for yourself and spouse, your spouse has to provide you with an authorization letter along with the receipt of payment

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@bhargava.sg Please provide your updates here once you get your daughters OCI card.
Two of my close friends went through this experience.
They were travelling overseas when Purolator tried to deliver it to their address. They posted a notice on their door asking them to collect within 5 business or they will return it to the sender..
One of them ended up picking up from BLS in Toronto(he applied over there) (because they came back after a few days) and the other managed to collect it from Purolator(he applied via postal route)(within the 5 day period)

Reactions: dnell

bhargava.sg

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Okay, thank you. My wife is en route to pick up now. But, you are saying both the parents need to be there.

@abbas.pasha do you know if your friend picked up with just 1 parent being present?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Okay, thank you. My wife is en route to pick up now. But, you are saying both the parents need to be there.

@abbas.pasha do you know if your friend picked up with just 1 parent being present?
Both of my friends had only adult applications.
But in our case we collected the OCIs for us and our kids like I mentioned above