+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Occult blood - Urine Report

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Dear all,

Went for my health check-up today and everything else was normal except the urine test which detected the presence of "occult blood" on it. The guys took a second urine sample and gave me the eMedical acknowledgement nonetheless.

When asked about the 2nd urine report, they said they'd get back to me in case anything else was needed.

I'm really worried now. Does anybody know whether that leads to rejection?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
It could be indicative of a larger issue with your kidneys, or it could be routine and commonplace. The thing is, there is no way to know without further tests done.
In general, medical problems can create issues, but they are not automatic rejections (not unless they are something extremely severe that would endanger Canadian public and/or create a major strain on the Canadian economy). Assuming there is an issue, you will probably be given the chance to demonstrate how and why you plan to take measures to minimize any impact on the Canadian healthcare system, before a decision is made on your profile.

amanjpro

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2015
AOR Received.
21-12-2015
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2016
GokulGuruprasad said:
Dear all,

Went for my health check-up today and everything else was normal except the urine test which detected the presence of "occult blood" on it. The guys took a second urine sample and gave me the eMedical acknowledgement nonetheless.

When asked about the 2nd urine report, they said they'd get back to me in case anything else was needed.

I had (I think) the same problem, the percentage of the red blood cells in my urine was too high (12+?),
they didn't repeat the test for me, but I was worried to fail the medicals. But, as my signature shows, I have
already passed my medicals.

That said, I suggest you to go and checkup your kidney!

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Thanks for that guys. I'll get my kidney checked out just in case. Great to know that this is probably not a direct rejection.

I also feel that this could be due to the loose motion and gastric issues I'm having for the past day or two, but unsure.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Aragorn165 said:
It could be indicative of a larger issue with your kidneys, or it could be routine and commonplace. The thing is, there is no way to know without further tests done.
In general, medical problems can create issues, but they are not automatic rejections (not unless they are something extremely severe that would endanger Canadian public and/or create a major strain on the Canadian economy). Assuming there is an issue, you will probably be given the chance to demonstrate how and why you plan to take measures to minimize any impact on the Canadian healthcare system, before a decision is made on your profile.
Would they ask for additional tests right now before further proceeding or right at the end? The reason I ask is that I might be in and out of Bombay for the next almost a month.

Also, what do they mean by "demonstrate"? Do I need to get some additional tests done from some local lab to show that my kidneys are fine? Or, would I have to go back to the same place that did the eMedical screening and tell them to run additional tests?

Or, is it best to wait for a VO to get back to me on the way forward?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
GokulGuruprasad said:
Would they ask for additional tests right now before further proceeding or right at the end? The reason I ask is that I might be in and out of Bombay for the next almost a month.

Also, what do they mean by "demonstrate"? Do I need to get some additional tests done from some local lab to show that my kidneys are fine? Or, would I have to go back to the same place that did the eMedical screening and tell them to run additional tests?

Or, is it best to wait for a VO to get back to me on the way forward?
I don't know how medical test timelines usually run, but generally, they ask for medical tests before they move on to the next step of processing your application, I believe. You always get 30 days to respond to any request they make, so don't worry too much about being in Bombay when they contact you.

By demonstrate, I believe you are asked to show how you will take measures to ensure your problem is not going to strain the healthcare system- that plus the results of your additional tests are used to make a final decision on your application.

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
I guess whether they pass it or not is secondary right now. Shouldn't you be doing more tests (yourself) to reject any serious health issues??

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
tejasmhaskar said:
I guess whether they pass it or not is secondary right now. Shouldn't you be doing more tests (yourself) to reject any serious health issues??
Yes, will be going to my family doctor this weekend either way.

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GokulGuruprasad said:
Dear all,

There is no need to panic. Did your hospital call you before they submitted your reports to CIC ? normally they do and share the findings if they find any issue with the medical report. If they have not called, you can call them and enquire. There is nothing to worry, the primary purpose of medical is to ensure you are not a burden on Canadian economy as PR. Cheer up and all the best.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Yoda24 said:
There is no need to panic. Did your hospital call you before they submitted your reports to CIC ? normally they do and share the findings if they find any issue with the medical report. If they have not called, you can call them and enquire. There is nothing to worry, the primary purpose of medical is to ensure you are not a burden on Canadian economy as PR. Cheer up and all the best.
Thanks mate. They haven't called back. So I figured that they probably didn't find anything amiss with the 2nd report. Or, perhaps to just let sleeping dogs lie.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
GokulGuruprasad said:
Thanks mate. They haven't called back. So I figured that they probably didn't find anything amiss with the 2nd report. Or, perhaps to just let sleeping dogs lie.
Anyway, just called them. They said "if anything is abnormal we'll call you."

And I said, "oh, ok, sorry, I thought you'd call either way" :D :D :D

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GokulGuruprasad said:
Anyway, just called them. They said "if anything is abnormal we'll call you."

And I said, "oh, ok, sorry, I thought you'd call either way" :D :D :D
Nice to know, cheers !