+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Obtaining a canadian mailing address for PR card delivery

rgeorgy

May 9, 2013
Hi There,

I managed to obtain an Immigrant visa, and I'm supposed to travel to Canada in order to apply for initial PR card on port of entry (Montreal Airport).
I've been told that I must provide (either at the appointment or sometime later) a canadian mailing address for PR card delivery.
The problem is I'm planning for only brief stay in canada for 2 - 3 months, hence I won't rent an apartment.
My question is, if I rent a POBox from Canada Post or a Mailbox from UBS Store, would that be okay for Immigration Officer to send the card to? or should I provide a residential address?

Thanks in advance.
Remon

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rgeorgy said:
Hi There,

I managed to obtain an Immigrant visa, and I'm supposed to travel to Canada in order to apply for initial PR card on port of entry (Montreal Airport).You dont have to apply for INITIAL PR Card at POE. Just show the COPR papers to the IO and he shal do the needful.
I've been told that I must provide (either at the appointment or sometime later) a canadian mailing address for PR card delivery.You should provide a Canadian address to the IO when you do your landing. If you dont then you will not receive your PR card
The problem is I'm planning for only brief stay in canada for 2 - 3 months,The current processing time for a PR card is 55 calendar days. chk this link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp hence I won't rent an apartment.
My question is, if I rent a POBox from Canada Post or a Mailbox from UBS Store , would that be okay for Immigration Officer to send the card to? or should I provide a residential address?Some members of this forum have used the UPS mailbox as they provide a STREET address instead of a PO Box#

Thanks in advance.
Remon
Mitali