+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Obtaing visitor visa while waiting for PR?

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
Hi there,
My wife and I were married in Canada in January while she was visiting. She has recently returned to Thailand and we have just submitted her PR application. Is it possible for her to obtain a visitor visa to return to Canada while her application is being processed?
Thanks
Mike

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mikeandlana said:
Hi there,
My wife and I were married in Canada in January while she was visiting. She has recently returned to Thailand and we have just submitted her PR application. Is it possible for her to obtain a visitor visa to return to Canada while her application is being processed?
Thanks
Mike
She won't know until she tries, but I would not hold my breath with a spousal application in process.

PMM

Frustrated Canadian

Oct 30, 2007
That's exactly it! You need to give it a try and best of luck. My husband is applying for PR from within Canada and had to go home b/c his father passed away and now they won't let him back - he was here on a valid visitor's visa. Others have had better luck!

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
Thanks guys,
I've heard similiar things. We had been hoping to apply for PR from within Canada but she had to go back and get all her paperwork and translations in order.
I question if making it difficult to re-enter Canada while waiting for PR is really a necessary policy for our country? Well, I'm sure its not a "policy" per se, but the criteria set out for re-entering on a tourist visa is difficult to meet once in the PR process. I'm not sure of all the various issues involved, however, it seems to me that in generally declining re-entry for those in the PR application system you assume those people to be a risk of not leaving if declined. I understand the problems that arise and the costs involved in actually trying to remove someone who should not legally be here. Any ideas on whether any changes could be made to make the system a little more convenient while still ensuring the system works effectively to keep those out who should not be here?
Thanks for the feedback
Mike

Red Jeans

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Re-pcc,Re-Imm forms and Proof of Ruksati - March 13, 2012
AOR Received.
March 13, 2012
File Transfer...
May 30, 2011 / sent supporting docs voluntarily on 25-feb-2012
Med's Request
May 29, 2012 / rec'd on June 11, 2012
Med's Done....
June 20, 2012 (InshALLAH)
Interview........
Waived !
Passport Req..
May 29, 2012 / rec'd on June 11, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2, 2012
LANDED..........
August 24th InshALLAH :)
Hi All !
I live in Pakistan and my Application for permanent residence is in process since last year .i.e. May 2011. My Husband is a Canadian citizen and is sponsoring me (sponsorship has already been approved).The timeline for Pakistan is 26 months which is way too much… I wanted the advice of all the members here as to what are chances of me applying for visit visa and getting it approved. What kind of proofs do I have to gather in order to get visit visa? FYI, I’m currently working in a insurance company….
Thanks in advance !

liveforfuture

Sep 24, 2014
emergency visit

Right now my husband and I are waiting for our PR sponsorship to go through, My american husband's grandpa is in the hospital and i want us to go see him. Is there an emergency visitor visa we can get?