BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Sorry for confusion. I made a typo.

Can you explain how when it says NOT started it is a good thing? If it says not started, does it mean they have actually started?
Yeah of course,
I don't really remember what it means why it's good if it hasn't started. I think from it. Eagle meant that because they aren't making any notes on it then they don't have any issues with it.

Reactions: Cdnpr2017

SeineToHumber

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
How do they choose the applications for this stream?
We don't really know the exact criteria. I pulled some teeth from IRCC and was able to find out that only applications where the PA is a citizen of a country with high-approval rates get into OB570 stream.

IE: Western/Central Europe and some of the more EU-aligned E. European countries, USA, Bahamas, S. Korea, UK colonies, Australia, NZ, Singapore Japan, Chile and the Bahamas.

The list of countries is smaller if you're common-law instead of married.

There's more to it than that, but I didn't bother pushing any further.

It's safe to say that it's based on application risk. Low-risk = OB570.

luckbymyside

Star Member
May 31, 2013
We don't really know the exact criteria. I pulled some teeth from IRCC and was able to find out that only applications where the PA is a citizen of a country with high-approval rates get into OB570 stream.

IE: Western/Central Europe and some of the more EU-aligned E. European countries, USA, Bahamas, S. Korea, UK colonies, Australia, NZ, Singapore Japan, Chile and the Bahamas.

The list of countries is smaller if you're common-law instead of married.

There's more to it than that, but I didn't bother pushing any further.

It's safe to say that it's based on application risk. Low-risk = OB570.
Thanks for the info!

truocloh

Apr 24, 2018
Anyone had an update on this? My notes, received yesterday, also say "held in Mississauga as per Back Office Pilot Program". Any timelines for people processed this way?

AOR January 2018. My notes say that my eligibility isn't started, RCMP screening passed, criminality in process, security not started. However, MyCIC says that all of these are being processed/reviewed. Such differing information, ugh.

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM
You don't need your notes to be able to tell. You can tell if you've been OB570 streamed if you receive an AOR2 email from Mississauga letting you know that your entire app will be processed there (rather than being transferred to a VO).
My husband in Canada received an email saying processed in Mississauga but I didn’t.... think I’ll call CIC tomorrow and hold the 35 min for an agent!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
My husband in Canada received an email saying processed in Mississauga but I didn’t.... think I’ll call CIC tomorrow and hold the 35 min for an agent!
No need to call. All Americans are processed in Mississauga

Reactions: Cheryllove

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Thanks! I’m anxious as all here are!! Don’t want anything to slow it down and We’ve already made a few bloopers that caused it to be sent back 3 times since October!!
My app was sent back 3 times also... I understand the anxiety, you aren't alone :) Sounds like everything is going according to plan now though, if you've received AOR2 then you should only have a few more months to wait!

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM
Thanks! One thing that concerns me is NOTHING has changed since first of April! It still says “checking on whether I qualify..” and in process. I just hope since Its in Mississauga they are moving on it and perhaps all will change at once??