+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath without Citizenship test???

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Guys need your help,

Is it possible to go for an oath without citizenship test. check my online status.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 2, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 23, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on May 14, 2015.
4.Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 11, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
5.We sent you a notice on December 2, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 18, 2015 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

So as per 5, they have schedule a date for the oath not test?? :eek:

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jshahid said:
Guys need your help,

Is it possible to go for an oath without citizenship test. check my online status.

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 2, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 23, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on May 14, 2015.
4.Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on June 11, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
5.We sent you a notice on December 2, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 18, 2015 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

So as per 5, they have schedule a date for the oath not test?? :eek:
In my opinion it is notice for test or by mistake addition.

MBK2

May 2, 2013
Might be a mistake...but go on the day they ask with the papers when they come. Don't miss it...even if its a mistake..lucky!

Also, for some people, test and oath are on the same day, even then, they dont announce it before.

Anyway, the mailed out document may say differently to the eCAS.

Might want to give them a call if it is different?

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
The other problem is I am out of Canada due to family emergency and will be back in Jan. how can I reschedule my dates. should

1)Call them.
2) Email them
3) Write a letter

Please help :'(

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jshahid said:
The other problem is I am out of Canada due to family emergency and will be back in Jan. how can I reschedule my dates. should

1)Call them.
2) Email them
3) Write a letter

Please help :'(
1. Try to be here because you seldom have such a chance. If not..
2. Best way is to call them. Tell them your situation and ask for postponement.

Which office you belong to?

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
I live in Fort mcmurray, so I guess Edmonton office. what is the best number to call them on?

amk2015 said:
1. Try to be here because you seldom have such a chance. If not..
2. Best way is to call them. Tell them your situation and ask for postponement.

Which office you belong to?

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jshahid said:
I live in Fort mcmurray, so I guess Edmonton office. what is the best number to call them on?
In different correspondence on this forum I saw 1-613-944-4000 for people to call from overseas. Some people give positive remarks and some negative. Just try that. But be careful to give your vital detail - only if you reach right place.

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Thank you will try to call them.

amk2015 said:
In different correspondence on this forum I saw 1-613-944-4000 for people to call from overseas. Some people give positive remarks and some negative. Just try that. But be careful to give your vital detail - only if you reach right place.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jshahid said:
Thank you will try to call them.
Hi jshahid,

Call them at 1-888-242-2100 and find out if you are really scheduled for Oath. Do not tell them that you did not write the test. Prepare for the test but go to be sworn in ceremony. If luck is your way may be they scheduled you for your oath. Take the Oath to become a citizen. You have not done anything wrong, it is CICs mistake. They sent me 2nd Oath letter six months after I officially became a citizen. So CIC is full of surprises.

Abdih

Sep 24, 2015
Relax dude due to the remoteness of Fort Mcmurray if you pass the test you are automatically scheduled for ceremony same day or next day

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jshahid said:
As I was out of Canada, they will reschedule the test again for me. :(
friend dont ever say u r out of canada

u got a chance

the oath directly

if u have not called them keep quiet

come and give the oath get the passport done dont cal them just appear