+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath tomorrow. Just received email for cancellation. Confused

Abood123

Sep 20, 2023
Hello everyone,
I have my oath scheduled tomorrow. Already got the instructions and certificate email. Just now got an email from local office saying
File is scheduled for the ceremony due to an administrative error and that we have not completed processing the application. Email hasn’t mentioned my name or my application number.
it also says that your file is still under review and we will contact If we require additional interview.

decision made ecas 2 august
On tracker oath d17 Aug
Calgary applicant

please help. Thank you

can’t contact on call as lines are already closed

Sorry to hear that. Have you got new oath date ?.

Abood123

Sep 20, 2023
I was scheduled on September 21, it was cancelled due to Adminstrator error. Mississauga office, virtual oath.

ShazLilly

Jul 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Mar 2016
Interview........
Aug 2016
Passport Req..
Aug 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2016
LANDED..........
Dec 2016
Hi all , got the same email 2 days ago. This really sucks.
Hello,

Please be advised that your upcoming Virtual Oath Ceremony scheduled for September 22, 2023 has been cancelled due to an administrative error.

Please do not attend your upcoming Ceremony. You will be re-scheduled in due course.

Thank you for your understanding,

Citizenship Team

Sem6

Oct 9, 2023
My oath taking ceremony was on August 30th 2023, and I recieved an email 1 day before the ceremony that I was issued the invitation out of administration error…..I am very upset and haven’t received anything after that…anyone here got any updates?

Band

May 11, 2023
I spoke to the customer service and the guy said your oath was cancelled because your file is still open and is in process. It’s so confusing as I have everything completed in new tracker and decision made in ecas.

I did contact the IRCC through the Mp and they told him that my file is complex? . I did the the finger prints , test , and also interview which I have been told that I granted the Canadian citizenship. I am confused now do I have to wait for reschedule or do I have to deal with this complex. Do all of us who were canceled the oath due to administrative error categorized as complex file!!

Jjckanadian

Sep 12, 2023
I did contact the IRCC through the Mp and they told him that my file is complex? . I did the the finger prints , test , and also interview which I have been told that I granted the Canadian citizenship. I am confused now do I have to wait for reschedule or do I have to deal with this complex. Do all of us who were canceled the oath due to administrative error categorized as complex file!!
Complex in what sense? I wish ircc can be transparent about the status of file instead of saying “administrative error”