+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath tomorrow. Just received email for cancellation. Confused

Mom31

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
same here - no changes on my case as well - had a ghost update on Aug 23rd (2 days after scheduled Aug 21st oath) but no changes on the page.

did any of you have an interview with IRCC officer prior to getting the oath scheduling notice?
Yes I also had an interview

Saas1982

Sep 28, 2021
Nope. I didn’t do any interview at all. Why did you guys do interview anyway? . Regarding travel history or language testing ?

Saas1982

Sep 28, 2021
It appears that many of us have had interviews with IRCC officers, possibly to confirm English language proficiency and physical presence. Despite our applications being marked as completed, it seems that IRCC officers typically conduct a final audit before the oath ceremony. It's worth noting that a specific officer in Mississauga appears to be quite meticulous and is canceling applications with prior LPP issues, possibly to ensure they meet all requirements.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Nope. I didn’t do any interview at all. Why did you guys do interview anyway? . Regarding travel history or language testing ?
It appears that many of us have had interviews with IRCC officers, possibly to confirm English language proficiency and physical presence. Despite our applications being marked as completed, it seems that IRCC officers typically conduct a final audit before the oath ceremony. It's worth noting that a specific officer in Mississauga appears to be quite meticulous and is canceling applications with prior LPP issues, possibly to ensure they meet all requirements.
The Program Integrity (PI) Interview is a routine procedure which has long been required for all adult applicants, and according to the Program Delivery Instructions is still a standard, required procedure for all adult applicants. However, to facilitate processing in the wake of Covid-19, IRCC suspended interviews for a time. While it is clear that IRCC has been reinstituting the interview as a standard procedure, it appears that IRCC has NOT YET fully resumed interviews for ALL adult applicants. Anecdotal reporting is not adequate to get a clear picture of what percentage of adult applicants are now being interviewed, and it remains unclear who is subject to an interview, who is not, or why . . . just that more and more adult applicants are being interviewed now.

Obviously, if IRCC has questions or concerns, that likely triggers an interview. But it appears that many more than just those for whom there are questions or concerns are subject to an interview, and again the trend is likely in the direction of resuming interviews for ALL adult applicants.

A big question for some is whether they will be scheduled for an online interview or an in-person interview.

Seems intuitive that if IRCC has questions or concerns, it is more likely the applicant will be scheduled for an in-person interview. While here too the anecdotal reporting is not adequate to fully confirm this, what anecdotal reporting there is tends to be consistent with this. Note: for an applicant outside Canada this will mean having to come to Canada for the interview since these events are only scheduled and held IN Canada. In contrast, applicants scheduled for an online interview (which appears to be most) have been allowed to participate in the online interview while outside Canada . . . it is important, however, to clearly communicate that they are outside Canada.

It is hard to say whether IRCC will return to in-person interviews for all applicants. It appears, for example, that IRCC is likely to continue with online knowledge of Canada tests.

Regarding: "it seems that IRCC officers typically conduct a final audit before the oath ceremony."

Last version I have seen of relevant internal IRCC memos obtained through ATI process continued to indicate that a GCMS background screening is still REQUIRED attendant EVERY action taken on a citizenship application file. This includes taking the oath. So, at the very least, even though the grant of citizenship has been approved and the applicant is scheduled for the oath (and thus the applicant is then, technically, a "citizenship candidate" rather than "applicant"), at some point prior to the oath itself there will be at least one more GCMS background check.

For most if not nearly all applicants this will not cause any delay or problem. For the vast majority of applicants there is nothing, in doing this, that should trigger any concerns or questions not already resolved. This screening is more or less a final prohibitions check; main things actually checked by this are:
-- whether the applicant has any criminal charges up to this date, given the GCMS screening includes a name-record check of criminal history based on RCMP and U.S. NCIC (FBI) name-record criminal history databases​
-- whether there has been an action related to PR status, such as a 44(1) Report prepared at a Port-of-Entry attendant the PR's return to Canada​

In particular, if the applicant has no criminal charges, and is not the subject of any inadmissibility proceedings for failure to comply with the RO, that final GCMS screening should not trigger any issues.

aliahmed_aa

Sep 20, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
None
This was updated on 31 August 2023.

"You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on September 11, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation."

Haven't received any instructions yet.
Usually how long before I get the email? and if I don't get it in next couple of days what should I do?

Saas1982

Sep 28, 2021
This was updated on 31 August 2023.

"You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on September 11, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation."

Haven't received any instructions yet.
Usually how long before I get the email? and if I don't get it in next couple of days what should I do?
Why you are spamming all treads man

Saas1982

Sep 28, 2021
I called today as well. All of my processing are completed except oath . Waiting for new schedule. Call them again and again . Order GCMS notes. Unless we pushed it harder they will not rescheduled our oath ceremony

Jjckanadian

Sep 12, 2023
I called today as well. All of my processing are completed except oath . Waiting for new schedule. Call them again and again . Order GCMS notes. Unless we pushed it harder they will not rescheduled our oath ceremony
Did they mentioned why it was cancelled?