+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline - test at Ottawa office

kkhrom

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the new citizinship procces is not yet in force. I guess those who applied before June or July 2015 are in the same 3 officers 2 gudges boat))))

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
You are mistaken. It is under effect for all applications processed Aug 1, 2014 or later.

Read on this link below.... "The reforms that took effect on August 1, 2014 include:"

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=872659

kkhrom

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=872659
Its is not easy like that. Some provisions took effect august 2014 some July 2015. The ones that you are talking about yes take effect 2014. But cic would not be cic without complicating things: they say about transition period where if they have doubts on recidency they send the file to CJ. So before july 2015 i guess we are in transition period)

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
On a transitional basis, cases where the officer believes the applicant does not meet the residence requirement will be referred to citizenship judges for decision.

Since the US-Canada have started sharing border info. on passenger / airline info, it is people with many road trips/land border crossings where passport stamping/entry capture is still a bit of an issue who are potential candidates for such referrals.

kkhrom

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since the US-Canada have started sharing border info. on passenger / airline info, it is people with many road trips/land border crossings where passport stamping/entry capture is still a bit of an issue who are potential candidates for such refer

I guess that you are right here. But still I dont think its only US border crossing. Me for ex - never traveled often to US. Most of my visits were back to europe with all air stamps. nevertheless my file was sent for a residency review and thanx God returned to local office recently. I really hope that I wont have any more surprises from cic

Udi

May 27, 2015
I had an RQ last year Sep 2014 and responded mid Oct. then I had my test on 25 Feb 15 at OTTAWA office
I received a request for passport stamps translation and all tax assessments from Toronto office!!!!!
Is this normal to send my file to Toronto?
How long do you think it will take if I send the info on 28 May?

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Udi,

Looks like you applied sometime in 2013 or much before July 2014 ?

Also, are you saying you initially (i.e. with your original application) provided a full copy of your passport and after RQ they are ONLY now asking for translation of stamps ? YOu didn't provide translation earlier with RQ ?

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ontarioan said:
Ottawa is not even listed under the oath ceremony website :-[
Yes. It is not listed in the oath ceremony website. I noticed that. What I noticed about Ottawa office that it keeps silent and calm for while and then explode with oath ceremony dates. I hope it will explode soon ;D. My PR will be expired on Nov. 2015. I am afraid that I won't get the citizenship before then. Do you advise me to renew it?

T

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
I think this may also be a factor of how they can schedule various Cit judges from other places to come down to do a whole bunch of ceremonies since Ottawa lost its own Citz judge a while back if I remember since the person passed away.

So looks like the only option they have is to bring down other judges here when they are not doing ceremonies elsewhere. Logically, I would think its judges from Quebec/Montreal and more so Ontario/GTA area who come to Ottawa to step in.

Unless, they are planning to have a judge for Ottawa area soon - or simply continue with bringing others down here. Not sure... just have to be a bit patient and pretend to focus on other things I guess. ;D

kkhrom

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ottawa office is unpredictable therefore if somebody wants to travel i guess its better to apply for pr extension. Waiting time is about 6 months. I applied and got it exactly after 6 months, and i m glad i did it while still waiting for an oath))))

kkhrom

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its sad that the country's capital does not have a CJ. In an almost million city!)) so many people are in jeopardy regarding the citizenship which they really deserve. Its really difficult to keep patience as waiting time 24-36 months is unacceptable. Hope it will change soon ))

kkhrom

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
new oath ceremony date appeared on the web site - June 15)))) may be some of us will be lucky