Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
Rosalia said:
Congratulations elen..am so happy for you..
I wish he tries to call and help me relax ???
He is just so cool and says..when it is 5 months after the exam, he will bother to call...he claims that CIC are very busy people and we should leave them do their work without disturbance...I wish I can buy ice for my nerves from him!!!
:D :D :D to be waiting for something is really a frustrating and most of us just can't deal with it

On the other hand if you just take it easy and relax then you're a winner , because it's not like the phone call is going to change anything lol, but we try to keep the hope alive , like i said sooner or later you will get the invitation Only when they decide to send it to you ,
( so why stress about it ? ( if you can :) )

Good luck!

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Rosalia said:
Congratulations elen..am so happy for you..
I wish he tries to call and help me relax ???
He is just so cool and says..when it is 5 months after the exam, he will bother to call...he claims that CIC are very busy people and we should leave them do their work without disturbance...I wish I can buy ice for my nerves from him!!!
Thanks dear, but I don't think you need to buy ice for your nervous ,just keep him in balcony for two hours under -13", if doesn't want to call cic don't open the door for him ;D ;D, I'm just joking , don't worry for nothing Rosalia, if cic decide to send him the letter this week they will do , the call doesn't make any different just to see what the statue of his fille , I hope he'll get it this Monday , good luck

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
Good news guys for Ottawa applicant's

they added one more day to the Dec ceremonies on Dec,12 :)

Good luck & Congratulations to the applicant's who are going to become Citizen's tomorrow..

I hope they add more day's for December .

Good luck guys

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
Hello everyone!!

I'm back to share my experience, after becoming a proud Canadian Citizen today :) :)

my citizenship journey is mow completed :)

* Today I took the Oath and received my Canadian citizenship certificate , what a great moment !!! 87 new citizen from 33 different countries.

* When we entered the ceremony hall, they checked only the invitation letter, and took away our PR cards for good so you won't see it again lol :)
along with the consent form signed and dated.
* After that we were asked to sign 2 signatures on another form like the one you signed previously at the test time ,
it states that you have No ongoing or bending criminal record , or under investigation , it also states that you will say the Oath.
* Then, we were asked to take seats as per the number stated on our invitation letter.
* The CIC clerk gave us the relevant instructions and answered our queries before the Citizenship Judge entered the ceremony room.
* Then, the CJ addressed us for 15 minutes - it was very nice lady. After that, we took oaths in English and French. Then, the CJ addressed us again
for about 20 minutes.then everyone was called In order by name to receive the Citizenship Certificate. After that, we all sang O Canada for the
first time as Canadian citizens. :D
* after that, the CIC clerk gave us some information such as the Cultural Access Pass registration, applying for Canadian passport, etc.
* After that, the CJ gave us the opportunity for taking pictures with her.
* The entire ceremony (including taking pictures) lasted for about 75 minutes
* It took me 12 months to complete the process from start to finish , Not bad of a processing time, considering it's Ottawa office :D the slowest

Here is my timeline Ottawa Office

Single applicant's - Ottawa

Received November 22, 2013.
Letter acknowledging November 22, 2013.
In process February 7, 2014.
Test notice August 14, 2014
Test September 8, 2014
Oath notice November 21,2014
Oath December 10,2014

I'd like to Thank you guys for all the support, and keep up the good work.
Best of luck to all the applicant's who are still in the journey and waiting for test / Oath

pan1234

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
Hello everyone!!

I'm back to share my experience, after becoming a proud Canadian Citizen today :) :)

Finally and After long waiting , my citizenship journey is mow completed :)

This morning I took the Oath and received my Canadian citizenship certificate , what a great moment !!! 87 new citizen from 33 different countries.

* everything went smooth and took about 75 minutes , they only asked for the invitation letter and the PR card, didn't check Id's or anything else.

* then they took the consent form that you signed and the PR card for good :) so you won't see it again lol

* after that you will be asked to sign 2 signatures on another form like the one you signed previously signed at the test time ,
it states that you have No ongoing or bending criminal recorded, or under investigation , it also states that you will say the Oath.

* after that we were seated by numbers off course , then the administrator told us all the instructions.

* before the CJ enter the room we were asked to stand up , she introduced herself , very nice lady,
after some more instruction from the Judge we were asked to repeat the Oath after her, then everyone was called In order by name to receive the
Citizenship Certificate.

* finally everyone was given the chance to take photo's with the Judge.

Here is my timeline Ottawa Office

1- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 22, 2013.

2- We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 22, 2013. Please
consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3- We started processing your application on February 7, 2014.

4- We sent you a notice on August 14, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 8, 2014 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive
by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled
appointment, please contact us.

5- We sent you a notice on November 21,2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship on December 10,2014 at 08:45. The notice you will receive
by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment , if you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled
appointment ,please contact us.

After all Not bad of a processing time, total of 12 months, considering it's Ottawa office lol everyone knows that Ottawa is the slowest :)

I'd like to Thank you guys for all the support, and keep up the good work.
Best of luck to all the applicant's who are still in the journey and waiting for test / Oath
Congratulations......

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
bidur78 said:
wow!! Amazing day!! Finally relieved!!..
Warm Congratulations bidur78 for becoming a Canadian citizen today.

Best of luck!

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
bidur78 said:
wow!! Amazing day!! Finally relieved!!..
Congratulations bidur78, finally we are a Canadian citizens , is it that amazing ??
Good luck to Rosalia's husband and everyone is waiting.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Ottawa2013,

congrats ! Are you a Family applicant ? and therefore not a Single applicant etc... you went thro from start to finish in a year.

Also, are you from a visa waiver country ?

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Rosalia said:
Congratulations Ottawa 2013, elen and bidur..am so happy for you and thanks for the wishes elen:)
Thank you Rosalia , good luck to your husband , I wich you the best of luck to your family this new year.