Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
bidur78 said:
only one day in december !! What the hell!!I doubt we gonna get in december either ottawa2013.

Hello bidur78

I hear ya , i also doubt that we gonna receive the oath letter for Dec considering that it's only 3 days in Nov and only 1 day in Dec YET !
On the other side looking at some of the offices like Scarborough, Ontario, they have( 20 days ) OF ceremonies for the month of November and 3 days in Ottawa ,I mean there's nothing to say!
that explains why Ottawa have some of Feb applicants still waiting for oath invitation.

fernandog

Oct 22, 2014
Got great news today! I checked the status of my application online and got the following update " We sent you a notice on November 7, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 24, 2014 at 9:30 AM."

So to recap my timeline

- Oct 2000: arrived in Canada as an international student
- March 2008: Became permanent resident
- March 2010: Applied for citizenship
- Feb 2011: CIC started processing citizenship application
- June 2011: Wrote exam and passed (20/20). Then the worst happened - I was told I was 47 days short of the 1095 at the time of my application. I made a mistake when calculating the days I guess. I was told to submit a Residency Questionnaire and to wait to be scheduled for a hearing with a citizenship judge, which could take up to two years.
- September 2013: I get scheduled for my citizenship hearing, but guess what? I was away on vacation at that time and I missed it. They told me it could be rescheduled one final time
- October 21st 2014: Got scheduled for the hearing with the citizenship judge again. Attended the hearing and it went well. The following day I called CIC and they confirmed my application had been approved and that I should wait for my invitation to the oath ceremony.

And now it looks like I'll be taking the oath on November 24th :)

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
fernandog said:
Got great news today! I checked the status of my application online and got the following update " We sent you a notice on November 7, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on November 24, 2014 at 9:30 AM."

So to recap my timeline

- June 2011: Wrote exam and passed (20/20). Then the worst happened - I was told I was 47 days short of the 1095 at the time of my application. I made a mistake when calculating the days I guess. I was told to submit a Residency Questionnaire and to wait to be scheduled for a hearing with a citizenship judge, which could take up to two years.
- September 2013: I get scheduled for my citizenship hearing, but guess what? I was away on vacation at that time and I missed it. They told me it could be rescheduled one final time
- October 21st 2014: Got scheduled for the hearing with the citizenship judge again. Attended the hearing and it went well. The following day I called CIC and they confirmed my application had been approved and that I should wait for my invitation to the oath ceremony.

Congratulation , :) :) soon you'll be Canadian citizens ;)

MnD

Apr 3, 2014
I passed my test the first week of October and still no news, Called CIC and the agent said the test results were uploaded but no decision has been made yet.

Good luck to all of you.

MyAccount2014

Nov 18, 2014
Hi All
I did my test on Oct 21 in Ottawa, and passed it. Everyday I am checking online, but nothing is there.
I am scared form having an rq?

Now almost one month passed after the test. Still a possibility to have rq? please advise!!

bidur78

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
MyAccount2014,

I did it my test on Sept 09..still no answer..I saw july test takers still waiting for an oath..so relax and be patient..Ottawa is very slow in terms of oath..

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It took 6 months for a friend of mine to get an oath invite after the test (Ottawa office). Be patient!!! only worry when it is past 6 months.

fernandog

Oct 22, 2014
Got my invitation on the mail to take the Oath Ceremony next Monday Nov 24th. Oddly, this date is not listed on the website. It is also on a different location (Perley and Rideau Veterans Health Center at 1750 Russell Road). Any idea why the different location and unpublished date?

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
fernandog said:

So to recap my timeline

Congrats fernandog , that's a long time to wait , good thing it's finally over, enjoy!

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
MnD said:
I passed my test the first week of October and still no news, Called CIC and the agent said the test results were uploaded but no decision has been made yet.

Good luck to all of you.

Yeah, same as everyone else from Ottawa office , there is some applicant's passed their test in feb and still waiting.

hope yours will come soon!

Good luck!

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
dav3000 said:
It took 6 months for a friend of mine to get an oath invite after the test (Ottawa office). Be patient!!! only worry when it is past 6 months.

Agree!

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
Hello everyone!

So today i called CIC again , and was told something different by a different agent offcourse , this time the agent said there is no decision made yet on the file , even tho the last time i was told application was approved 2 days after the test
I guess the only thing you get from the call center agent is more confusion !

Good luck everyone!

MyAccount2014

Nov 18, 2014
bidur78 said:
MyAccount2014,

I did it my test on Sept 09..still no answer..I saw july test takers still waiting for an oath..so relax and be patient..Ottawa is very slow in terms of oath..
Many Thanks Budour

OttawaBuddy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
OTTAWA2013 said:
Hello everyone!

So today i called CIC again , and was told something different by a different agent offcourse , this time the agent said there is no decision made yet on the file , even tho the last time i was told application was approved 2 days after the test
I guess the only thing you get from the call center agent is more confusion !

Good luck everyone!
Call center is good for nothing. Headache service provider. :D

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
OttawaBuddy said:
Call center is good for nothing. Headache service provider. :D

Right ottawaBuddy .. guess that's all you get !

Any update from your end ?

Good luck !