+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline - test at Ottawa office

MecMec

Mar 11, 2014
Cadbury74 said:
Hi MecMec,

No, no update and no oath, I'm still waiting just like you guys.
I realized that the CIC oath dates got updated. There are several oath ceremonies from Mar. 24th to 28th. The CJ would be in Ottawa for those days and it is more likely that he/she reviews some new files.

MecMec

Mar 11, 2014
MecMec said:
I realized that the CIC oath dates is updated and there are several oath ceremonies from Mar. 24th to 28th. The CJ would be in Ottawa for those days and it is more likely that he/she reviews some new files.
It think it is less likely that we receive an invitation letter for the upcoming ceremonies as we are close to those dates.

Rosalia

Mar 21, 2014
Dear All who had the test at Ottawa office,,wish you are doing great...
I have passed my test today and I wonder how do you know if you passed the interview with the officer after the exam..she barely asked me any question,,,just seemed that everything is clear for her...3 short questions like when will you finish your PhD, are the kids included in your application..then she said you will be receiving a letter within 3-4 months..while at the exam time and on the exam paper, it is written that we would receive a letter within 1-3 months..does this indicate that i have any problem?where do our files go after the exam..do they go to a judge normally for final decision?

Rosalia

Mar 21, 2014
Another question please is related to the on line status of our application after we pass the test.. does it change or indicate anything?if so, when did you notice an update after you passed the test..many thanks in advance

Intel

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2005-09
Med's Request
2009-08
Med's Done....
2009-10
Passport Req..
2010-05
VISA ISSUED...
2010-06
LANDED..........
2010-07
Congratulations, Rosalia, for passing the test.

There will be nothing in the eCAS to indicate test passage except for the notice of oath.

My interview came before the test, and so the test admin was the one who told us about the 1-3 month waiting. She was reading from a paper at that time.

I do not think there is a problem. It is just that Ottawa still has no permanent CJ yet so approving our applications may take time.

MecMec

Mar 11, 2014
Rosalia said:
Dear All who had the test at Ottawa office,,wish you are doing great...
I have passed my test today and I wonder how do you know if you passed the interview with the officer after the exam..she barely asked me any question,,,just seemed that everything is clear for her...3 short questions like when will you finish your PhD, are the kids included in your application..then she said you will be receiving a letter within 3-4 months..while at the exam time and on the exam paper, it is written that we would receive a letter within 1-3 months..does this indicate that i have any problem?where do our files go after the exam..do they go to a judge normally for final decision?

That you did not get any serious question is a good sign which most probably means everything was clear for the officer.

As Intel mentioned Ottawa does not have a permanent CJ so it might take a little bit longer than other centres. We have a table summarizing the test dates and oath dates of some of the recent test takers in Ottawa. You are welcome to add your info to the table (if you like).

Usually, from what I understood (based on past records), during the oath ceremonies (when the CJ is in Ottawa), he/she will review some new files (to issue the invitation letter). The upcoming oath ceremonies will take place from Mar. 24 to 28. I think after next week we could expect to receive a new wave of oath invitation letters.

Except one special observation, none of the February test takers has received the oath letter.

MecMec

Mar 11, 2014
the latest update for Ottawa folks

test oath

Friends of Maks Jan. 6 Mar. 5 (from Immigration.ca , tread topic: Timeline for Ottawa CIC office)
Ottawannabe Jan. 8 Mar. 7 (from Immigration.ca , tread topic: Timeline for Ottawa CIC office)
Mike15 Jan. 8 Mar. 7
Canacit Feb. 11 waiting
Cadbury74 Feb. 13 waiting
MecMec Feb. 18 waiting
exempligrata Feb. 19 Mar. 27 (from Immigration.ca , tread topic: Timeline for Ottawa CIC office)
waitingforaction Mar. 17 waiting
Rosalia Mar. 21 waiting

waitingforaction

Feb 21, 2014
MecMec said:
the latest update for Ottawa folks

test oath

Friends of Maks Jan. 6 Mar. 5 (from Immigration.ca , tread topic: Timeline for Ottawa CIC office)
Ottawannabe Jan. 8 Mar. 7 (from Immigration.ca , tread topic: Timeline for Ottawa CIC office)
Mike15 Jan. 8 Mar. 7
Canacit Feb. 11 waiting
Cadbury74 Feb. 13 waiting
MecMec Feb. 18 waiting
exempligrata Feb. 19 Mar. 27 (from Immigration.ca , tread topic: Timeline for Ottawa CIC office)
my wife friend Feb. 24 waiting
waitingforaction Mar. 17 waiting (buddy, could you confirm that you took your test at Ottawa office?)
Rosalia Mar. 21 waiting

Yes, I did

Rosalia

Mar 21, 2014
many thanks MecMec for replying and responding to my concern...so you believe that she was giving a general formal comment at the end which indicates as you said that there is a judge reviewing all new applications anyway..and not specifically mine?
My time line:
Applied on July 25th
Received a letter on Nov 4th
passed the citizenship exam on March 21 with full mark...yet worried:)
Seems that we can not stop worrying till we see the oath letter!

Intel

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2005-09
Med's Request
2009-08
Med's Done....
2009-10
Passport Req..
2010-05
VISA ISSUED...
2010-06
LANDED..........
2010-07
test oath
Mike15 Jan. 8 Mar. 7

Canacit Feb. 11 waiting
Intel Feb. 11 waiting
Cadbury74 Feb. 13 Apr. 1
MecMec Feb. 18 waiting
my wife friend Feb. 24 waiting
Rosalia Mar. 21 waiting

MecMec

Mar 11, 2014
Intel said:
test oath
Mike15 Jan. 8 Mar. 7

Canacit Feb. 11 waiting
Intel Feb. 11 waiting
Cadbury74 Feb. 13 Apr. 1
MecMec Feb. 18 Apr. 2
Rosalia Mar. 21 waiting

Hi everyone, it seems Ottawa Office is moving forward. I have got my oath letter yesterday too. Congratulation Cadbury74. I am sure that you guys (especially Canacit and Intel) will get yours soon. I am looking forward to hearing your good news soon. Thank you all for shearing your info, it was very helpful.

Cadbury74

Jul 19, 2013
Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I got my oath notice letter by mail to attend the oath ceremony on April 1 in Ottawa, my Ecas has been updated today 22th March.

I hope all of you will get their oath notification very soon,

Good luck to everyone !

Cheers