+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath timeline after test - Mississauga 2014

samay23

Dec 6, 2014
Very few from those who took their test in Oct. through Dec. in Mississauga are posting. This is because Mississauga is one of the fastest offices in processing. May be every one got their oath already.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samay23 said:
Blackbook-

I find it strange to request CBSA report when you declared no travels in your application and your passport contained no stamps!
Having no stamps on your passport DOES NOT mean you didn't travel outside Canada. You may be a holder of other passports from other countries.

samay23

Dec 6, 2014
Goldline said:
Having no stamps on your passport DOES NOT mean you didn't travel outside Canada. You may be a holder of other passports from other countries.
Uh ha!! Yes that makes sense.

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
agreed. and that is why she ran the CBSA report on PR and landing document because you can only have ONE of these :)

june1971

Jan 28, 2015
Sophie_Anne said:
Hey Blackbook,
Same situation here. February applicants, passed the test in August. Officer had no concerns, still no oath.
Good luck, I hope the New Year brings us some good news!
Hi Sophie_Anne what's your update. Did you receive oath letter.

june1971

Jan 28, 2015
Blackbook said:
Hi samay23

I have just called CIC now for the 6th time.

The rep told me that my application was "granted" on DEC 15th, 2014. They are waiting on scheduling the oath.
The rep also said from his experience that despite it takes the general 24 months to complete the process for citizenship, he claims that oath are normally scheduled up to 6 months from the grant date.

I hope to hear from them very soon :)

will keep you posted
Hey black book
Did you receive oath letter as I passed Nov 2014 test and still waiting.
Is there any change in your e cas?

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Hi June,
No updates yet - still waiting for the oath letters. In 11 days there will be 6 months after passing the test :(
I will keep you guys updated.
Best regards,
Sophie

june1971

Jan 28, 2015
Sophie_Anne said:
Hi June,
No updates yet - still waiting for the oath letters. In 11 days there will be 6 months after passing the test :(
I will keep you guys updated.
Best regards,
Sophie
Hi Sophie
Did you call them for status update? As 6 months have passed in your case,its quite unusual.

BR
June

june1971

Jan 28, 2015
Sophie_Anne said:
Yes, we called them 5-6 times. Last week I sent a case specific inquiry, still waiting to hear back from them...
Okay, but what they said when you called them?I am asking as in our case she said all OK but the final decision will be made later. So I am worried..

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
hey guys,

I took my oath today at Glen Erin office. I am now Canadian as of Feb 3rd.
I took my test on OCT 30th, 2014.

good luck guys

june1971

Jan 28, 2015
june1971 said:
Okay, but what they said when you called them?I am asking as in our case she said all OK but the final decision will be made later. So I am worried..
Hi Sophie
Any progress. I have also no news.

Regards
June

ahmadmani

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I am new in CanadaVisa ;D Today I had my citizenship exam at Mississauga office. The interviewer told me they need to check my file and wrote ICES in my file. He said within 4 weeks they contact me either for additional information or for taking oath. He asked couple of question regarding my travels to USA and also said why your home address and the address on your Drive License is different which I did explain why but no sure if he was convinced. I am just wondering if this is kind of normal response people get during interview of my case was a little different. Thanks for sharing your ideas with me ;)