+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath timeline after test - Mississauga 2014

Canadian4ever

Nov 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received oath invite for Jan 7/ 9am/ Mississauga on my test day Dec 16.

I was just checking the oath ceremony schedule at Mississauga on CIC website and found out there is no Jan 7 ceremony. I am confused so I am going to call CIC call center on Monday.

Just wonder if anyone here was in my situation before.

On a side note, the oath invite the immigration officer gave me on the test day doesn't have my name on it, just Date/ Time/ Location. She gave out the 3 pages and asked me to show up with required ID's.

Best,

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian4ever said:
I received oath invite for Jan 7/ 9am/ Mississauga on my test day Dec 16.

I was just checking the oath ceremony schedule at Mississauga on CIC website and found out there is no Jan 7 ceremony. I am confused so I am going to call CIC call center on Monday.

Just wonder if anyone here was in my situation before.

On a side note, the oath invite the immigration officer gave me on the test day doesn't have my name on it, just Date/ Time/ Location. She gave out the 3 pages and asked me to show up with required ID's.

Best,
I think not all the ceremonies are listed on the website, they only list the ones open to public.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blackbook said:
I am a May 2014 applicant and passed test on October 30th. No oath invitation yet!
How was the interview? where you given any time frame for oath letter? usually they say you will receive oath letter in 4-6 weeks or so? Did they have any concern? did you receive RQ or fingerprint before test?

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Interview was great and officer had no concerns at all. She also said it will take a month before I hear from them. It has been two months already. Cic call centre says their usual broken record .. In process

I also had no RQ at all. I never left the country and applied with 1460 days 4years without a single travel

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Hey Blackbook,
Same situation here. February applicants, passed the test in August. Officer had no concerns, still no oath.
Good luck, I hope the New Year brings us some good news!

samay23

Dec 6, 2014
Sophie_Anne said:
Hey Blackbook,
Same situation here. February applicants, passed the test in August. Officer had no concerns, still no oath.
Good luck, I hope the New Year brings us some good news!
Do you call the CIC? Some times they need little reminder. My friend called and they told him that he is on the waiting list for ceremony. During the interview they have no concerns because he never traveled outside Canada during the last four years and he has a full time employment for the same period.

Does any one heard from CIC that they are on the ceremony waiting list?????

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Hi samay23

I have just called CIC now for the 6th time.

The rep told me that my application was "granted" on DEC 15th, 2014. They are waiting on scheduling the oath.
The rep also said from his experience that despite it takes the general 24 months to complete the process for citizenship, he claims that oath are normally scheduled up to 6 months from the grant date.

I hope to hear from them very soon :)

will keep you posted

samay23

Dec 6, 2014
Hi Blackbook,

Congratulations! This is good news. My friend told me that his file was approved on the 16th December 2014. So let's s if either one of you get the oath letter this week.

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
the officer wanted to run CBSA report on
CBSA on: my PR CARD -client ID
CBSA on: on my TWO passports
CBSA on: landing document

the officer says if all come back matching my time period that i submitted (since there is no change even after submitting my application) she will have no issues with my file.

Despite the fact I had CBSA reports with me, the officer did not find it enough as it was only done on my one recent passport (which covers the entire 4 years period, and the older passport is way too old that does not even cover any of the 4 years period, but the officer wanted to run CBSA report on it anyways!!

The officer said, we stopped asking people to provide CBSA reports as they do no do it properly. She wanted to run it against every document i have mentioned above just to make sure nothing is wrong. she says it will take a day to get all of these reports back. she assured to me that the CBSA reports are done within one business days as immigration have a new electronic way to submit and access reports faster than before.

she then said that I should hear from immigration within a month (that was OCT 30, 2014)

still waiting.. hopefully this will be done soon

samay23

Dec 6, 2014
Blackbook-

What she told you was correct. They prefer to run the CBSA report by themselves. Also, as she told you the turn around to run and receive this report is 1 to 2 days or may be even far less than that. I find it strange to request CBSA report when you declared no travels in your application and your passport contained no stamps!

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Indeed! no stamps at all, but she just wanted to run it CBSA report on my PR card as well as my landing doc just to ensure that no travel has been made one way or another. that is the only thing i can think of.

samay23

Dec 6, 2014
The good thing is that the file is approved and now its a matter of waiting for oath. I hope it will be soon.