+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Vancouver Office :)

MSK7275

Jun 11, 2014
I passed my test on 15th May 2014 and called CIC today to enquire about Oath. Call center informed that my application for citizenship has been approved as of 3rd July, 2014.
Do any of you have any idea on this, as what does this mean? and normally how much time it takes to get oath letter after this?

MSK7275

Jun 11, 2014
Thanks
Vancouver office is still silent about actual oath date or invitation. CIC always replies with very standard answers which are of little use.

Bingham

Jul 18, 2014
Hi all :)

Any News from April/May test takers, Vancouver office. I took the test on April 29th in Vancouver office, Still no News :(

I called CIC and the agent told me, it can take 6 months….

I highly appreciate any updates….

Best Wishes,
Bingham

portmoody123

Jul 18, 2014
Hello!

I also took the test on April 29th in Vancouver office, no news :(

I too called the CIC agent today, and was told 6 months! I have called before and initially they said 2-6months, now it was a firm 6months. It was quite disheartening...

Bingham

Jul 18, 2014
Thanks Portmoody123 for the prompt reply….I do hope that they inform us soon….please update if you received the letter…I'll do the same….have a great weekend…Best Wishes, Bingham

chantilocal

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
Hi,

even i have given my test on April 10th, but still didnt hear anything about the oath ceremony. called cic and they told me to wait till 6 months.

this really sucks... :( :( :(

Raj

portmoody123

Jul 18, 2014
chantilocal said:
Hi,

even i have given my test on April 10th, but still didnt hear anything about the oath ceremony. called cic and they told me to wait till 6 months.

this really sucks... :( :( :(

Raj
Hi Chantilocal,

Welcome to the club. please post on the forum when you hear about your oath ceremony eh :)

van-monkeys

Jul 23, 2014
hi guys, finally got oath updated online. please dont be upset if you applied earlier, did the test earlier than me but have not received any updated news from CIC. this is a case by case as discussed on another thread.

Rec'd August 19, 2013.

In process: October 25, 2013.

Test: June 5, 2014

Oath: August 15, 2014

My background: I was a CEC applicant, only took me 10 month from applied to landed. I have 2 pages of absence history during 2010 to 2013. moved 3 times during the waiting period. changed 3 jobs as well. But as a CGA, I prepared my application very clean and neat. Other than all required documents( with sticky on each files and sorted the order following the check list), also provided translations of passport stamps, copies of each passport pages, copies of NOAs from 2010 to 2013.

during my interview after the test, the officer only asked me if I traveled after submitted the application. Didn't check my landing paper or other IDs.

Good luck everyone.

oathraincouver

Jun 8, 2014
van-monkeys said:
hi guys, finally got oath updated online. please dont be upset if you applied earlier, did the test earlier than me but have not received any updated news from CIC. this is a case by case as discussed on another thread.

Rec'd August 19, 2013.

My background: I was a CEC applicant, only took me 10 month from applied to landed. I have 2 pages of absence history during 2010 to 2013. moved 3 times during the waiting period. changed 3 jobs as well. But as a CGA, I prepared my application very clean and neat. Other than all required documents( with sticky on each files and sorted the order following the check list), also provided translations of passport stamps, copies of each passport pages, copies of NOAs from 2010 to 2013.

during my interview after the test, the officer only asked me if I traveled after submitted the application. Didn't check my landing paper or other IDs.

Good luck everyone.
Congratulation! This is really fast! I believe that you have a hard working CJ.

Pureminded

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
van-monkeys said:

Rec'd August 19, 2013.

Good luck everyone.
Congrats!!

You're sure your oath is in Vancouver? Because August 15th does not show up on the CIC "find a ceremony" tool.

You got the physical letter or just checked on ecas?

Pureminded

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my bad, seems like CIC Vancouver has just scheduled a new lot of ceremonies.

August 1st, 8th, 11th and 15th have just been added.

GO GO GO Vancouver.