+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
vinaypuri said:
Ditto. Same story here. RQ waiting for 2nd officer to make decision.
Freebird, Ditto..Ihave the same note since February "referred to level 2 decision maker for final decision." The file location is also "pilot decision ready."

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
stonelzl said:
Can anyone help? What is ATIP? How do you know your file has been transferred between office? Thanks!
Only few days back, I provided some details about the ATIP. I'm re-posting the same.

Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request, *** https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

The government under "Access to Information" allow access to officials, public, private individuals about progress of their applications, files and cases with various government agencies.

In this context, the Citizenship grant applicants can request details about progress of their applications with CIC. It takes 30 days to be processed & emailed or CD mailed, depending upon how you asked it to be sent. There is no restriction on number of times you request this report.

Likewise you can request your travel history record from CBSA or Health records from concerned department.

The Online ATIP form requires personal details, citizenship client ID or PR number, language (English or French), how do you want it as an Email or CD to be mailed. Under options, select "Privacy Act" which is Free as for other option the fee is CAN $5.

Hope the above may help you.

janoo

May 16, 2014
On phone call you will not order the atip report you have to go to the website and order
on line you have a choice to ask for electronic copy or hard copy. check cic website and
order the atip report it is free and you will get within 30 days.

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

As of today, I finished my 36th month of waiting my citizenship application, still no oath letter

Office is Scarborough center:

Received: May 10, 2012.

Process application: Oct 25, 2012.

Residence questionnaire requested CIT 0171 (09-2012) E version : Nov 30, 2012.

Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013.

1st Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013.

1st Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013.

Text Exam: February 7, 2014 and passed at St Clair office.

2nd Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2014.

2 Mini Residence questionnaire requested CIT 0520 (07-2014) E version : December 17, 2014

File assigned to officer: December 17, 2014

Additional documents sent: March 14, 2015

canadiansoon

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Here is my timeline hopefully it helps you guys. I will stay on this forum to answer any questions:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 11, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 11, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on February 20, 2013.

I got RQed in July 2013.

4. We sent you a notice on January 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 18, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I got a letter on February 04th, 2015 to send additional documents such as tax returns, passport translation, etc (Again!)

5. We sent you a letter on March 20, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I sent them a letter letting the know that my PR card expires in May and that for work, I need fast tracking to my application (sent employer's letter and other supporting documents.)

6. We sent you a notice on April 21, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 5, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

7. You became a Canadian citizen on May 5, 2015.

It may be a frustrating journey, but rewarding at the end. Be patient and it will all work out :)

Squareone

Feb 11, 2015
Hi bogazici10
Did you try to call the cic and ask about new updates to your file?
I have the same timeline of yours. I sent additional documents mid of March and no news for me.

thanks

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Squareone said:
Hi bogazici10
I have the same timeline of yours. I sent additional documents mid of March and no news for me.

thanks
i called them this morning no answer

janoo

May 16, 2014
Congratulation.. Canadian soon.

happy to know that your journey end after long waiting time of almost45 months.

my file enter into 41 month any advise do let me know..

have tried all the ways....MP, Minister,ATIP report , Case Management Query,
Calling to CIC on regular basis file under security clearance ? any idea.. how long
have to wait more ??

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Squareone said:
Hi bogazici10

thanks
Office is Scarborough center:

Received: May 10, 2012.

Process application: Oct 25, 2012.

Residence questionnaire requested CIT 0171 (09-2012) E version : Nov 30, 2012.

Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013.

1st Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013.

1st Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013.

Text Exam: February 7, 2014 and passed at St Clair office.

2nd Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2014.

2 Mini Residence questionnaire requested CIT 0520 (07-2014) E version : December 17, 2014

File assigned to officer: December 17, 2014

Additional documents sent: March 14, 2015

Additional documents received: March 16, 2015

As of today May 11, 2016 my file still at st Clair center

Oath Ceremony: ??????

I called them right now they are still reviewing my additional documents i can not believe that this is happening in canada....

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiansoon said:
Here is my timeline hopefully it helps you guys. I will stay on this forum to answer any questions:

It may be a frustrating journey, but rewarding at the end. Be patient and it will all work out :)
Contgrats. It is hard for people who have been abused for so long to feel rewarded.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
canadiansoon said:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 11, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 11, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on February 20, 2013.

I got RQed in July 2013.

4. We sent you a notice on January 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 18, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I got a letter on February 04th, 2015 to send additional documents such as tax returns, passport translation, etc (Again!)

5. We sent you a letter on March 20, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I sent them a letter letting the know that my PR card expires in May and that for work, I need fast tracking to my application (sent employer's letter and other supporting documents.)

6. We sent you a notice on April 21, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 5, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

7. You became a Canadian citizen on May 5, 2015.

Congrats !!!, indeed its very tough and long, long journey for most of us.

cherrychen514

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Hi guys,just check my case status online( cic website) , finally they send me oath letter on May 8. It's a long journey which gonna finish soon. Hope everybody here will get oath letter soon!
My time line
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 22, 2012.

We started processing your application on January 23, 2013.
(Before test I have been RQ)
We sent you a notice on January 23, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2014 at 1:00 PM.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations cherrychen514.....

cherrychen514 said:
Hi guys,just check my case status online( cic website) , finally they send me oath letter on May 8. It's a long journey which gonna finish soon. Hope everybody here will get oath letter soon!
My time line
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 22, 2012.

We started processing your application on January 23, 2013.
(Before test I have been RQ)
We sent you a notice on January 23, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2014 at 1:00 PM.