+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
farhadf80 said:
by the great of Allah today my status chenged 5. we send you letter to take oath . my timeline

Applied 2012.
process 2013 march .
RQ september 2013 .
Test march 2014 .
oath in may . thanks everyone thanks all the best for all
Congratulations farhadf80. Can you please share the notes from your last ATIP report if you had one recently.

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
walrus189 said:
Congratulations farhadf80. Can you please share the notes from your last ATIP report if you had one recently.
Thank you my brother . Sorry i can not past ny atip report because all my information is inside sorry

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
farhadf80 said:
Thank you my brother . Sorry i can not past ny atip report because all my information is inside sorry
I think you missunderstood the request, not your report but the last couple of notes to know what is the process before the decision. For example: some people had a note saying: "RQ Review completed. No Concerns." Others had: "Prelimenary Review Completed. Referred to Level 2 Offcier for Decision." That is my request, and not for any personal information. Thanks.

cherrychen514

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Hi guys ,just received my ATIP, it shows :applicant has been approved and granted,file send to cic Scarborough for ceremony. ATIP update date is 2015. 2. 17 . IIs anyone knows how long it will take to received oath letter? I have been waiting so long time. By the way ,one of my ATIP even show file back to RQ queue.
My timeline :
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 22, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 22, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 23, 2013.
(Before test I have been RQ)
We sent you a notice on January 23, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2014 at 1:00 PM.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
cherrychen514 said:
Hi guys ,just received my ATIP, it shows :applicant has been approved and granted,file send to cic Scarborough for ceremony. ATIP update date is 2015. 2. 17 . IIs anyone knows how long it will take to received oath letter? I have been waiting so long time.
My timeline :
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 22, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 22, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a notice on January 23, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 19, 2014 at 1:00 PM.
Congrats !!!. Last year it used to take anywhere between 2 - 3 months from the date its transferred to local offices. Its just matter of slots available for scheduling your Oath, it could be getting it in coming weeks too, who knows ;D

It all depends upon the CIC's work load, summer vacations staff or judges and other factors, which we do not know except guesses.

However, readers here and on other forum thinks due to new Citizenship rules (4 years presence in last 6 years) coming into effect somewhere in June 2015, the CIC might try to clear all the pending cases but again its all guess.

Anyway, its great news you are out of this dark tunnel at last.

cherrychen514

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Congrats !!!. Last year it used to take anywhere between 2 - 3 months from the date its transferred to local offices. Its just matter of slots available for scheduling your Oath, it could be getting it in coming weeks too, who knows ;D

It all depends upon the CIC's work load, summer vacations staff or judges and other factors, which we do not know except guesses.

However, readers here and on other forum thinks due to new Citizenship rules (4 years presence in last 6 years) coming into effect somewhere in June 2015, the CIC might try to clear all the pending cases but again its all guess.

Anyway, its great news you are out of this dark tunnel at last.
Thank you ! But file update on feb ,it almost 3 month past. I hope you are right i will receive my oath letter in coming weeks!

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations.............you have the same timeline as me.. with a couple of difference to each and every step........

thanks

cherrychen514 said:
Hi guys ,just received my ATIP, it shows :applicant has been approved and granted,file send to cic Scarborough for ceremony. ATIP update date is 2015. 2. 17 . IIs anyone knows how long it will take to received oath letter? I have been waiting so long time. By the way ,one of my ATIP even show file back to RQ queue.
My timeline :

cherrychen514

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
BalajiR said:
Congratulations.............you have the same timeline as me.. with a couple of difference to each and every step........

thanks
How is your file right now? Has your application been approved and granted?

OttawaBuddy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Got fingerprints request for background checks under Section 21 and 22 of the Citizenship Act. (CIT 0421)

Applied - May 2012
RQed - March 2013
RQ replied - April 2013
Test passed - February 2014
Assigned to an officer at St. Clair - January 2015
Home office - Ottawa

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't have an ATIP. but the CIC agent told me that they have sent it to Scarborough office. when I asked them if its granted or approved, they said they can't say that. I'll request an ATIP next week and see.

thanks

cherrychen514 said:
How is your file right now? Has your application been approved and granted?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi my file is under RCMP and officer review ? my case pending since 40 months.
Can I order once again atip report as I have order in March 16 and received on
april 17 but showing the information in atip up to March 16.

cherrychen514

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
janoo said:
In my opinion,you can apply atip as many as you want! After test,I apply atip every month!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Did you pass your citizenship test?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
milamam said:
What is ATIP????
Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request, *** https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

The government under "Access to Information" allow access to officials, public, private individuals about progress of their applications, files and cases with various government agencies.

In this context, the Citizenship grant applicants can request details about progress of their applications with CIC. It takes 30 days to be processed & emailed or CD mailed, depending upon how you asked it to be sent. There is no restriction on number of times you request this report.

Likewise you can request your travel history record from CBSA or Health records from concerned department.

The Online ATIP form requires personal details, citizenship client ID or PR number, language (English or French), how do you want it as an Email or CD to be mailed. Under options, select "Privacy Act" which is Free as for other option the fee is CAN $5.

Hope the above may help you.