Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
djoli said:
Yes, I believe they have completely stopped updating E-cas. There numerous cases where people have taken the Oath and yet their status still says "Processing". I believe they may be doing this purposely in the hope of catching people that are outside of the country.
Another proof of how irresponsible and careless federal agency the people are forced to dealing with. CIC has a call center, that taking nearly a year to update their phone system, 3 months even to acknowledge receipt of applications, over 4 years to process the application yet they are not accountable or answerable to anyone.

Probably, after increasing the application fee to $630, most of the CIC staff got bonuses and now sun tanning in Florida -:)

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
djoli said:
Yes, I believe they have completely stopped updating E-cas. There numerous cases where people have taken the Oath and yet their status still says "Processing". I believe they may be doing this purposely in the hope of catching people that are outside of the country.
It is allowed to leave Canada after application under the existing citizenship Act, isn't it?

raojee

May 15, 2012
Today I called Call Center and they informed me that my file is being transferred to Mississauga and you may be called for immigration officer interview. I got pre test interview and in December 2014 passed my test and interview.

Can someone guide me what is this Immigration Officer interview after test and interview?

cheers

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
raojee said:
Today I called Call Center and they informed me that my file is being transferred to Mississauga and you may be called for immigration officer interview. I got pre test interview and in December 2014 passed my test and interview.

Can someone guide me what is this Immigration Officer interview after test and interview?

cheers
Judging from other candidates experiences shared here. Citizenship Judge / Officer want to see your originals doc's before issuing you the Oath letter that takes slightly over 2 months to schedule the interview from date of file transfer to your local office.

I remember one reader mentioned that he had carried the following ORIGINAL doc's that helped him convince the Immigration Officer.

PR, Driving License, Health Card, SIN Card, Pay Stubs, Insurance, passport (current and expired), house rental agreement, T4 of previous years, Credit card statements, and any other document that proves your ties to Canada and continued presence in the country.

Hopefully everything should be alright, cheer up.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got my ATIP from 23rd Jan 2015. "RQ file has been assigned to some officer Michael for analysis/review. FZ". Anyone else has this in the notes?

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
14th Jan 2015. the officer name seems to be Michael as mentioned in my ATIP

Squareone said:
Hi Balajir,
from your ATIP, what is the date your file was assigned to an officer for review?

Squareone

Feb 11, 2015
I know a friend, who was contacted by the cic after 40 days from the date his file was assigned to officer. Did you try to call the cic and ask about any update on your file? Also it depends on how long your file was in St. Claire, I learned from a cic agent that the max time for processing a file in St. Claire is one year

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
BalajiR said:
14th Jan 2015. the officer name seems to be Michael as mentioned in my ATIP
Probably you have to wait less than 2 months from the date its assigned to an officer.

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BalajiR said:
I just got my ATIP from 23rd Jan 2015. "RQ file has been assigned to some officer Michael for analysis/review. FZ". Anyone else has this in the notes?

[I have the same note and no update since July 2014-called cic twice-no update yet-i was advised to be patient. 11 months since test-40 months since application]

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know it's hard but have to stay positive. Don't loose hope. Did you request an ATIP?

Nyork said:
BalajiR said:

[I have the same note and no update since July 2014-called cic twice-no update yet-i was advised to be patient. 11 months since test-40 months since application]

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BalajiR said:
I know it's hard but have to stay positive. Don't loose hope. Did you request an ATIP?

4 times since letter to prepare for citizenship test. Am planning to request another by end of March if no update happens.
I gave up on getting the oath/citizenship.

afghanboy

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
AOR Received.
09-09-2013
File Transfer...
24-09-2013 to ISB; 01-27-2014 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2014 Khudaya Shukor!
LANDED..........
Its my choice now! :D
Good morning everyone,
Im a senior 60 yeaars old man and im really frustrated with the citizenship application ! Its been 36 months since i applied on February 2012 . I got RQ in January 2013 replied it in month. In December 2013 i got notice to prepare for citizenship test which was a computer generated letter (i guess it wad sent to everyone) and exactly a year later in December 2014 they again send me a ridiculous letter which stated to send basically all the documents that i sent them with my RQ! So i replied with documents requested . Now its been end of february 2015 its been 3 years im waiting like a thirsty person for this stupid oath letter. How long its gonna take more? CanU guys plz give me a heads up? Im really fed up with this game:/

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
afghanboy said:
Good morning everyone,
Im a senior 60 yeaars old man and im really frustrated with the citizenship application ! Its been 36 months since i applied on February 2012 . I got RQ in January 2013 replied it in month. In December 2013 i got notice to prepare for citizenship test which was a computer generated letter (i guess it wad sent to everyone) and exactly a year later in December 2014 they again send me a ridiculous letter which stated to send basically all the documents that i sent them with my RQ! So i replied with documents requested . Now its been end of february 2015 its been 3 years im waiting like a thirsty person for this stupid oath letter. How long its gonna take more? CanU guys plz give me a heads up? Im really fed up with this game:/
Completely agree with you, its absolutely unacceptable level of service. What I have observed here & on other forums, around 35th months processing of old files are expedited to meet the deadline of 36 months. Please hold on for few more months. I know its tough, I'm in the similar situation.