+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

sgimmy

Jun 12, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Sharanki, hopefully everything will be just alright. It could be mere formality. You might have read on this or last page, one of the reader shared a friend's similar experience, who had appointment with Citizenship Judge and now got the Oath.

Carry every possible document well arranged to prove you had been living in the country. Such as the following, Rental / ownership, Utility bills, (Phone), credit card statements, T4, pay stubs and other documents from the last years.

All they want to established is that if you were traveling overseas did you still have strong ties & strong intention to live in Canada or visiting Canada now & then just to obtain Canadian Citizenship.

Out of curiosity, how soon you have see the Citizenship Judge.....days between you received the letter & appointment with the judge.

I wish you all the best & luck. Stay positive !!!
they cant deny citizenship even if they find that u dont have intentions to live here...

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sgimmy said:
they cant deny citizenship even if they find that u dont have intentions to live here...
Yes, they can't legally deny Citizenship but they can significantly delay the application process and drag it for years and years with no update and movement on the file.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my newer ATIP report containing the 'actual notes in the physical file' and it doesn't say much. It is weird how the CIC can manipulate their own system to ruin our lives. I am highly disappointed with the system and with the Cdn govt.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
comestai said:
Have taken the oath with other family members this afternoon.
Now I am a Canadian.
Congratulations !!!

Ethio

Oct 30, 2014
Rayan14 said:
Got my newer ATIP report containing the 'actual notes in the physical file' and it doesn't say much. It is weird how the CIC can manipulate their own system to ruin our lives. I am highly disappointed with the system and with the Cdn govt.
I hear you Rayan. Did you see anything different?

comestai

Mar 6, 2014
Looks like the forum is very silent, not much of news to report/share.
Chin up guys, good days are not far off.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ethio said:
I hear you Rayan. Did you see anything different?
Nothing. I ordered a new one. Though one thing I noticed was that my file seems to have been collecting dust in the RQ shelf since the week after my citizenship test. My 35th month of waiting has come and gone.

examinfeb

Apr 14, 2014
Two of my friends, both rq'ed back in the summer of 2012 got their oath invitations for this week. From application to oath: 37 and 38 months. There seems to be an effort to clear up files before getting past 36 months. But not enough effort for a faster processing, unfortunately. I am on my 24th month !!

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
So today I was told the story/rumors about atip delaying the processing of your application are wrong. The rep today told me ordering atip does not slow down your process in anyway.

pepper1

Sep 18, 2014
I am really frustrated with cic st. claire it is 40 months since my application every time i call the call center they always say something different your file is waiting for oat, we are doing background check, your file is still under review, according to my last Atip my file is ceremony ready in st claire, my mp contacted cic and they said everything should be completed within 38 months it is now 40 months and my file is still stuck in st claire any 2011 applicant still stuck in limbo

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
pepper1 said:
I am really frustrated with cic st. claire it is 40 months since my application every time i call the call center they always say something different your file is waiting for oat, we are doing background check, your file is still under review, according to my last Atip my file is ceremony ready in st claire, my mp contacted cic and they said everything should be completed within 38 months it is now 40 months and my file is still stuck in st claire any 2011 applicant still stuck in limbo
I'm in similar situation, have been waiting for 35 months. ATIP report does NOT show any progress at all for the last 5 months.

Last month I called the CIC, the agent told to wait till the completion of 36 months & then remind them.

Its frustratingly slow despite of CIC's tall claims about employing over 300 officers to speed up the process.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepper1 said:
Remember to vote in the 2015 elections for the party that doesn't screw the citizenship candidates. Make sure the ruling party hears of your decision to help defeat them next year. Chris Alexander /Jason Kenney team must be held responsible.